Trading Andy Dalton

SmittyBacall

It seems as though we are going to do right by Andy and facilitate a trade to his liking. Which leads me to asking you guys a few questions: What teams do you think would be interested in Andy? What do you think we can get in return for Andy? We don't have much leverage in negotiations considering we're actively looking to move him. However, $17.5 million for a QB of Dalton's cailber is a bargain. If we get offered a 3rd, we should run away with it. 

Some teams to consider:

1.) Chicago - Trubisky ain't it. The Bears roster is good enough to win now with competent QB play. Former Bengals coach Bill Lazor is the Bears new OC. Draft capitol - 2nd, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th. 

2.) Indianapolis - Another roster good enough to win now. Brissett is upgradable. If they draft someone like Jordan Love, would they look outside to upgrade that spot, or keep Brissett? Draft capitol - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 6th.

3.) New England - Will Tom be back? Likely. If not, the Patriots own the following - 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 6th, 6th, 6th, 6th, 7th, 7th, 7th.

Chargers? Buccaneers? Jaguars? Saints?

Edited by SmittyBacall

13 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I still doubt we get much if anything in a trade, considering the other veteran options likely to be available.  Chicago comes up as an option,  but Andy was not good under Lazor.  Hopefully we don't drag it out too long and cut him if offers aren't coming.

It’s more about the price tag attached to Dalton as opposed to what these other QBs are going to want. 

Just now, theJ said:

Draft your own receiver.  Stay away from ours.

Unfortunately we just won too many damn games and have a very low pick! Win all those games and to come away with no SB but a low first rounder with no other draft pick until the 5th round is brutal!

But I'll tell you what, you guys tag Green, we tag Armstead and we trade them for each other????

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Because Dalton’s game fits what the Patriots like to do.

Right.  This is a scheme fit thing.

Chicago, NE, IND all make sense.

Chargers, Dolphins and Panthers probably draft a guy.

If the Cowboys and Dak can't come to terms, they'll need a guy.  I can't see Jerruh going for Dalton though.  Not flashy enough.  Jerruh's more a Cam Newton guy IMO.

I could see the Bucs moving from Winston, but Dalton doesn't really fit what they do there.

That's pretty much all the open options.  So yeah, it's Chicago, NE and IND.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Unfortunately we just won too many damn games and have a very low pick! Win all those games and to come away with no SB but a low first rounder with no other draft pick until the 5th round is brutal!

But I'll tell you what, you guys tag Green, we tag Armstead and we trade them for each other????

That sounds like a you problem.  Don't make your problems our problems.  We have enough already.

• Like 1