2000s Horror - Official FF BMET (Nominations Open!)

Deadpulse

13 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Paranormal Activity or REC wins this and pretty easily I think.

Funny Games the remake I think could be on here, agree 'Let the Right One In' should not be but maybe could be, in terms of cinematography it would be better than them all arguably.  The Mist is great, The Strangers is solid, Altered I think could be on here and is crazy underrated and not very well known.

I don't like either of those movies. Paranormal was garbage to me.

And for me, it's gotta be SAW. Not only was it a mind bang, it was also true general fear.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, scar988 said:

I don't like either of those movies. Paranormal was garbage to me.

And for me, it's gotta be SAW. Not only was it a mind bang, it was also true general fear.

I did not find SAW all that scary, was just gory and odd but some people like that a lot, especially the gore.  It was different I guess give it that.  Really regardless it does not matter, a movie in the 80s will beat any 2000's horror movie and it should not even be close, will probably beat any in the 90s as well unless Silence of the Lambs is included then the 80s and 90s will at least have a fight, if Slience of the Lambs is a "thriller" then the 90s is not that strong either but at least better than the 2000s.  

5 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

The Strangers

That movie was pretty solid no doubt about it.

Just now, Ozzy said:

I did not find SAW all that scary, was just gory and odd but some people like that a lot, especially the gore.  It was different I guess give it that.  Really regardless it does not matter, a movie in the 80s will beat any 2000's horror movie and it should not even be close, will probably beat any in the 90s as well unless Silence of the Lambs is included then the 80s and 90s will at least have a fight, if Slience of the Lambs is a "thriller" then the 90s is not that strong either but at least better than the 2000s.  

It's like the only horror I can remember for the 2000's that made an impact on me 

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You're right about the 80s and 90s. And Silence of the Lambs should most definitely win the horror category for the 90s.

Just now, scar988 said:

You're right about the 80s and 90s. And Silence of the Lambs should most definitely win the horror category for the 90s.

Yeah it wins easily if it is in that category which I agree should be.  

Silence of the Lambs
The Blair Witch Project
Jacob's Ladder
Candyman
Scream
It
Storm of the Century

Two of those are "TV mini-series" but still on film and of movie length so I put them in, and both are very good especially Storm of the Century but maybe that is a thriller possibly who knows.

Considering The Sixth Sense, Misery and Se7en Thriller/mystery but that could be up for debate.  I need to watch Jacob's Ladder again, that is pretty good and very unique.  

Im not a big horror movie fan and never have been.   Most are just laughably lame and not even remotely scary.    Not a knock on anyone else who likes horror flicks, but I just find myself bored when watching them.   And I havent really watched any horror movies in the last 5 to 7 years.   Just a few with my ex, and I was on my phone throughout them.

If you ever do a comedy or action one of these, that would be more my thing.   

So if we're going by 3 nominations to make the poll, these movies have already made it:
Saw
28 Days Later
The Descent
The Ring
The Others
REC
Let the Right One In
The Stranger
Paranormal Activity

If we're going by 2 nomination to make the poll, these movies have also made it:
Shaun of the Dead
American Psycho
30 Days of Night
Jeepers Creepers
Drag Me to Hell
Antichrist
Brotherhood of the Wolf
The Devil's Backbone
Bubba Hotep
The Grudge
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Slither
The Mist

Personally I think 3 nominations is better, just helps keep the poll from getting bogged down with too many movies

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rackcs said:

So if we're going by 3 nominations to make the poll, these movies have already made it:
Saw
28 Days Later
The Descent
The Ring
The Others
REC
Let the Right One In
The Stranger
Paranormal Activity

If we're going by 2 nomination to make the poll, these movies have also made it:
Shaun of the Dead
American Psycho
30 Days of Night
Jeepers Creepers
Drag Me to Hell
Antichrist
Brotherhood of the Wolf
The Devil's Backbone
Bubba Hotep
The Grudge
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Slither
The Mist

Personally I think 3 nominations is better, just helps keep the poll from getting bogged down with too many movies

my list is very different... damnit are people editing their posts?

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

my list is very different... damnit are people editing their posts?

I just went through this morning and did it so that may be the case. I also was looking at posts themselves if people were mentioning a movie positively and not just if they were in list forms so that may have some effect as well.

Looking back, I only saw one edited post so idk

Edited by rackcs