LB Nigel Bradham Cut, Smashing

EaglesPeteC

41 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Felt like this was inevitable. Makes LB a big question mark going forward because they guys we have are bonafide trash. 

Gerry didn't play as badly as many of thought he would last year and Singleton and Edwards are not bad by any means. LB is a lower priority for me than Safety.

• Like 2

Wonder how low their restructure/extension offer was. Can’t blame him for wanting to try and squeeze a little more out of some other team. Wouldn’t necessarily rule him out from coming back at the team friendly deal they probably offered him if he doesn’t land anywhere.

35 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's the deal with him? Any good?

Ok player, limited physically...especially at this point. Way we used him was much more like a 3-4 ILB with him filling open gaps. Tougher guy, but he’s getting old and getting injured too often.

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

Gerry didn't play as badly as many of thought he would last year and Singleton and Edwards are not bad by any means. LB is a lower priority for me than Safety.

Gerry is trash bruv

Only made sense to cut ties with Nigel now. He did not play well enough the past 2 seasons to be paid what he is being paid now.

I think LB will be an extremely interesting position to watch this offseason. Usually we don't do much, but with the players (I use that term loosely) we have on our roster we are going to have to pour legitimate resources into the position or we are screwed.

1 minute ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Gerry is trash bruv

He wasn't trash by any means. Was he a playmaker? No not at all, but he really wasn't a liability. You all seem to forget that LBers are the RB of the defense. They really aren't all that important and should be the last thing to be addressed on a defense. Safety and Corner are both far bigger priorities.

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah Gerry sucks - I don't think any LB on our roster in starting caliber right now. 

...however, I also agree about safety. It'll be interesting to see how the positions are prioritized throughout FA. 

EDIT - just saw the reply above - also agree about corner. 

Edited by Scalamania

Nick Kwiatkoski, a 3rd or 4th rounder, Gerry, Edwards, Riley and Singleton is my guess for a “LB heavy offseason” from the eagles.

Sign a depth guy from another team to bridge, 3rd/4th rounder, Gerry, Edwards, Riley and Singleton would probably be more in line with the last couple years type of moves.

I'm a fan of this move, use the money saved from Bradham on someone like Schobert or Littleton. If we can't get them, use it to bring KGH back or Kwiatkowski. Or do a duo combo of any of DeVondre Campbell, Kwiat, KGH, guy from Ravens whose last name starts with an O. There's a lot of LB options, I'm not sweating it.

This is an objectively good move to release Bradham though, regardless of where the new space is used.

42 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

If they sign any FA, I doubt they're drafting one. 

FA, Gerry, Edwards, Riley, Singleton & maybe KGH is likely with some UDFA to start TC 

Depends on the FA, if it’s a journeyman guy they probably should. If it’s a plug in starter maybe they can skip it.