2020 NFL Combine Thread

goldfishwars

Just now, lark25 said:

I’d say Simmons leap is great rather than good but ridiculous would be 40+

I expected him to go 40+ but ultimately not a huge deal he did not get that mark 40+ mark.  I expect him to do really well in all the other drills though, anything well over 4.5 40 would be a disappointment I think which is saying something but still, one expects big time speed from a dude that can play safety as well as LB. 

James Lynch, not an amazing day by him but is really a 4/3 DT instead of a edge player but could be in a 3/4 DE spot also.  Interesting ticker stat I just saw, apparently had 70 QB pressures in 2019 which was the most in FBS last year.  Very surprising number there, had 13.5 sacks and 19.5 TFLs but damn 70 QB pressures.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

James Lynch, not an amazing day by him but is really a 4/3 DT instead of a edge player but could be in a 3/4 DE spot also.  Interesting ticker stat I just saw, apparently had 70 QB pressures in 2019 which was the most in FBS last year.  Very surprising number there, had 13.5 sacks and 19.5 TFLs but damn 70 QB pressures.   

I really like him.

Some great Day 2 and early Day 3 value at DT this year.

• Like 1

Need to get my annual NFLN coverage rant in.

Rich Eisen continues to be annoying af. Self absorbed, cookie cutter host with corny jokes. Mayock was the only guy that kept it on the prospects. Eisen has no idea what's going on. It's almost like he's just around to receive praise for his charity. And the production has always been **** but continually running that overhead cam of the DE loop drill, where you see nothing about what that drill is actually testing is special. Willie McGinest should just host the entire thing and only bring on guys he talks with regularly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Espenesa looked smooth in the drills, he's not going to hit any of the athletic check marks here by the looks of things. The tape is great though, it'll be interesting to see what he becomes at the next level. 

With how he moved in the open field, I doubt he is a 3/4 OLB in any way.  True 4/3 DE all the way with the athletic ability he showed, honestly I thought he would be a little more athletic than what he showed out there, originally thought maybe be could be a 3/4 OLB but not anymore.  He plays a lot quicker on the field than what he showed out there though.  

YGM has much more of a chance in a 3/4 OLB than Epenesa does, YGM looked good despite not running the 40.  

Just now, BrownLeader said:

Rich Eisen continues to be annoying af. Self absorbed, cookie cutter host with corny jokes. Mayock was the only guy that kept it on the prospects. Eisen has no idea what's going on. It's almost like he's just around to receive praise for his charity. And the production has always been **** but continually running that overhead cam of the DE loop drill, where you see nothing about what that drill is actually testing is special. Willie McGinest should just host the entire thing and only bring on guys he talks with regularly.

I have never watched the combine in my life before live on TV till this year, only saw it in clips online and went over the numbers.  So it is interesting new experience for me, but Eisen is funny and he keeps the casual fan engaged with his comedy honestly, and that is very very important.  Without Eisen the ratings for this would be pretty low, with Eisen it is entertaining, listening to those guys and Joe Thomas/O'Hara yesterday was great, and Mark Ingram and company.  The comedy back and forth is huge and helps keep things interesting again for the casual observer.  

But sure Kiper/Riddick/McShay are way better and still keep things light and funny but also give great information as well.

12 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

I like the banter cause it can get a bit tedious.  However, I would prefer a little more diving into prospects personally.

And I'm not gonna hate on him for raising almost $700k for St. Judes.  

That said, I could listen to Mayock talk football for days and be happy.