The 2020 NFL Combine Thread

WindyCity

15 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Why the hell you sporting a Bills hat, man? 

Because they only place I can get a steal on a Bears hat is in Green Bay and I won't be back there 'til this summer.  ;)

They were outta Bronco hats too.  :(  LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Written in stone, 7 weeks before the draft and 2 weeks before free agency? That's doubtful

Just going by the talent likely available, And what Pace could bring himself to do. 

I don't get that post, though---what do YOU think happens? 

Just now, soulman said:

Because they only place I can get a steal on a Bears hat is in Green Bay and I won't be back there 'til this summer.  ;)

Can't "like" it twice. So, gotta quote it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Just going by the talent likely available, And what Pace could bring himself to do. 

I don't get that post, though---what do YOU think happens? 

He could take a TE. Theoretically he could take a QB. Maybe a big time DE is there- Madubuike from A&M perhaps- or even a good SS (McKinney?). I mean hell, maybe a corner falls that he likes. It's way too early to say OT, OG, WR will be the first 3 picks.

Edited by beardown3231

17 minutes ago, soulman said:

Honestly, try ebay. I find a lot of great Bears gear on there. The Nike stuff that's $35-$80 is usually much less and the items still have the tags. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Can't "like" it twice. So, gotta quote it. 

Seriously, my best buddy in Green Bay always has Bears gear for me every time I go back.  He picks it up at yard sales for next to nothing.

Last year it was a $150 leather NFL jacket he picked up like new for $15.  The year before a Bears windbreaker and a windsock some guy threw in the deal with some other Packers memorabilia he bought.  This year I asked him to look for an 85 Bears jersey.  Those crazy cheese heads either want to sell Bears stuff cheap or burn it. LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Honestly, try ebay. I find a lot of great Bears gear on there. The Nike stuff that's $35-$80 is usually much less and the items still have the tags. 

Oh I can find it OK but if my buddy in Green Bay finds it instead and gifts it to me it cost me nothing.  Or he and I hit yard sales where he looks for the kinda stuff he collects and I ask the Cheeseheads if they have any Bears stuff they want to give away or sell for a buck. LOL

Actually the only reason I don't have a Bears cap is because I almost never wear a hat.  Don't like 'em.

I think I already told you all the story about my daughter and grandson but it's worth a repeat.

When he was a newborn I sent her an infant size Bears tee-shirt.  She burned it, sent me a pic of it smouldering in her garage, then a week later I get a package in the mail from her.  I open it up and it''s the ashes from the tee-shirt.  LOLOL

Now THAT is some serious Bears hatred.  :o

Edited by soulman

17 hours ago, soulman said:

I think I already told you the story about my daughter and grandson but it's worth a repeat.

When he was a newborn I sent her an infant size Bears tee-shirt.  She burned it, sent me a pic of it smouldering in her garage, then a week later I get a package in the mail from her.  I open it up and it''s the ashes from the tee-shirt.  LOLOL

Now THAT is some serious Bears hatred.  :o

There was a scene from Everybody Loves Jim where someone bought his newborn a Packers football for his crib and he made a huge deal out of it.  

There was a flash forward of him asking of his grown son, "Is he still a cheesehead?"  Wife:  Yes.   "Then I have no son."

• Like 2

18 hours ago, soulman said:

Seriously, my best buddy in Green Bay always has Bears gear for me every time I go back.  He picks it up at yard sales for next to nothing.

Last year it was a $150 leather NFL jacket he picked up like new for $15.  The year before a Bears windbreaker and a windsock some guy threw in the deal with some other Packers memorabilia he bought.  This year I asked him to look for an 85 Bears jersey.  Those crazy cheese heads either want to sell Bears stuff cheap or burn it. LOL

Are you from here or do you ever play around here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

There was a scene from Everybody Loves Jim where someone bought his newborn a Packers football for his crib and he made a huge deal out of it.  

There was a flash forward of him asking of his grown son, "Is he still a cheesehead?"  Wife:  Yes.   "Then I have no son."

I'm a total loss in that regard.  Both older daughters and my 16 year old grandson are major Cheeseheads.  :(

Just now, soulman said:

I'm a total loss in that regard.  Both older daughters and my 16 year old grandson are major Cheeseheads.  :(

My daughter.  Do Bears play football or baseball again dad?  Basketball?  

My son.  I don't really care about football.  I like Fortnight. 

Life doesn't turn out like you think it will.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Romen said:

Are you from here or do you ever play around here?

I was born and raised in the 'burbs of Chicago.....Oak Lawn actually.

Move to Wisconsin as a HS frosh when my family bought a business on a resort lake 50 miles north of Green Bay.  Moved to Green Bay after HS and then to Denver in 1983 so I'm about 50/50 Midwest and Denver.  Still a Bears fan though and that will never change.

• Like 1