Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, I get it but it’s not like it’s gonna expire.

Dont be the jerk who empties the shelves, but, yes, get some TP.  And some paper towels, laundry detergent, soap, coffee, food with a moderate shelf life, etc.

Folks need to be prepared to be quarantined for a bit.  Will it happen?  Who knows.  But this is where the “I’d rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it” adage applies.

Yeah, like a pack. But don't let that be the first thing you sprint for when you get to Costco. Or like you see in a ton of videos online, the only thing you buy. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, theJ said:

It's fine to discuss it, but it's not going to end well if people want to start taking shots at it.  Kind of hard to go there and not get political.

Hence, tread lightly.

What? If we can't discuss the impacts that the health system being good or bad has on the spread of the virus then there's nothing to post but statistics and body counts, that's asinine. 

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Just don't stock up on toilet paper like a moron. Probably won't be available anyway. 

It's ridiculous, I have like 7 rolls left in the house and need some. I don't need 3 years' worth, I just need to get through like 3 months. A 24-48 pack would suffice. Thankfully I got a roll of 12 to tie me over. I can't believe I have to have this conversation but it's a reality.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

For you, yes, I'm happy.

But seriously, you're still thinking at an individual level. Think societally here. Normally, supply and demand works. Don't need something, don't use it. In this case, it doesn't. We want people using the healthcare system just shy of capacity because the more people get treated, the fewer deaths we'll have. 

I guess the reason i'm saying what i'm saying, is because if millions are infected it's going to overrun the health care system if everyone runs to their family doctor.  Which, most people don't have one, so good luck getting an appointment.  In which case they'll go to urgent care or the ER.  

I agree, use it up to capacity.  I'm more concerned about the capacity issue, honestly.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

What? If we can't discuss the impacts that the health system being good or bad has on the spread of the virus then there's nothing to post but statistics and body counts, that's asinine. 

You know the limits.  Just don't push them.

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I agree it's hard to discuss this without mentioning the state of our healthcare system - but do your best, I'm sure you'll surprise all of us with your ability to do so.

Then just close this, honestly, or put "ONLY POST STATS" in big bold letters in the title. If that's the baseline okay, but then people need to know that's the baseline.

there are ways to subtlely bring it up.

dont get this locked

its the only thing going on right now

• Like 2