Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

26 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

Why does that seem excessive?

with how little testing we are doing and how long this has been spreading, you need to assume at least 1% of the population has this across the US. Minimum.

• Like 1

Just now, Heimdallr said:

Why does that seem excessive?

with how little testing we are doing and how long this has been spreading, you need to assume at least 1% of the population has this across the US. Minimum.

Right? I realize we’re in corn country but there’s like 11.5 million people in the state.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Do you see a direct profit from their stay?

Nope.  Advance purchase reservations actually negatively effect my pay.  My raises are based on average daily rate.  With cheaper rates (as advance purchase rates are), they're worse for my raises. 

I just can't tolerate morons trying to save 10-30 dollars by making no change, no cancel reservations 6 months out and then being upset when they can't cancel them because their plans changed. 

Posted this in the News Section. My brother is a biologist who has been working around the clock on corona. The real rate really is not 2-3%, none of them at his lab think that at all. Based on their own studies and Close Cased Rate. 

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Basically the “Active” Cases push the mortality rate from 7% to 3%, which is basically twisting the results and not accurate. The active cases shouldn’t count at all. 

In closed cases (65,000 people) 93% recovered and 7% died. 

In Active Cases (75,000 people) 90% are in mild condition and 10% are in critical condition (5-7% of those critical will probably die). 

The real number is 6-7%. Don’t let the Active Cases skew the results. 

Take it as you like, but it’s pretty factual based. 

Edited by BayRaider

23 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Nope.  Advance purchase reservations actually negatively effect my pay.  My raises are based on average daily rate.  With cheaper rates (as advance purchase rates are), they're worse for my raises. 

I just can't tolerate morons trying to save 10-30 dollars by making no change, no cancel reservations 6 months out and then being upset when they can't cancel them because their plans changed. 

That’s some top tier pettiness my man.

• Like 2

My first post in months and it’s about this stuff. Have been ill since March 5 when my own symptoms began. They have slightly mimicked my somewhat usual Influenza A virus. Lyft with a person who recently had returned from Asia. Became somewhat concerned around 3 days in after having zoned out for an hour sitting down in the grocery store. Been putting the puzzle pieces together. Reported this onto the corporates and not allowed to return until what will be the 14 days. My own symptoms come and go with various intensity and have not been tested right now. Have been staying inside mostly and brushing off those who have approached me. Please do not judge me and from the beginning have been limiting my contact with people even though it’s a necessity to shop for groceries.

• Like 4

Just now, PurpleLion said:

Have been staying inside mostly and brushing off those who have approached me. Please do not judge me and from the beginning have been limiting my contact with people even though it’s a necessity to shop for groceries.

Go hug some poachers. 

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Posted this in the News Section. My brother is a biologist who has been working around the clock on corona. The real rate really is not 2-3%, none of them at his lab think that at all. Based on their own studies and Close Cased Rate. 

Take it as you like, but it’s pretty factual based. 

Still don't paint the whole picture because it also only takes into account confirmed cases of those who were treated. Doesn't take into account how many people have had the virus and didn't seek medical treatment which is expected to be a high number.

Edited by rob_shadows