Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

I'd never say never to any QB winning it all. We've seen some great D’s w/great running games lead poor QBs to Super Bowl appearances & Super Bowl victories in history and Kirk isn't a poor QB, he's a top half of the league QB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

BOB prolly in the phone right now trying to get Trent. 

In return, we’ll take the Tunsil problem off his hands, free of charge...

...and he can add in a 2nd round pick, because that’s how BoB can tell he’s getting a good player, by the exorbitant price he chooses to pay for them. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, e16bball said:

...and he can add in a 2nd round pick, because that’s how BoB can tell he’s getting a good player, by the exorbitant price he chooses to pay for them. 

He sounds exactly like Joe Gibbs 2.0 

• Like 1

I don't know if I'm serious or not. So who does, but--left tackles have gotten , or they are getting so hard to find and so expensive-Maybe we should trade down and take the bets available tackle.  Hopefully he'll play well and be "cheap" for 5 years. I'm going against my own view of drafting BPA in the first round and that seems to Chase Young by all accounts. ( Turtle, don't blow me outta the water ! ) 

Our Defense at this point seems somewhat competent-maybe. The offense needs the help. Maybe we'd extra picks to get a receiver also-- tough , tough calls for the front office. Again, If I hear "with the second pick the Redskins take Chase Young". I wont be disappointed.

18 hours ago, e16bball said:

Does anyone think there will be issues/pushback from the top against a Minnesota deal, in the sense that ownership will not want to send Trent there to help Kirk?

Could you imagine a bigger kick in the ****** to the organization than watching Trent and Kirk embracing after winning a championship together? It even makes me kinda nauseous just thinking about it, and I’m not in any way responsible for those two having been publicly run off the way they were.

If there’s willingness to work with them, I think Minnesota is a likely destination. They have a need to win now, and they can send us Reiff to clear out cap space and fill our hole at LT. They could package Reiff with their late 4th rounder, and that would be a pretty small price to pay to make a pretty big upgrade. 

I deal I said I would do, on the Vikings forum was Reiff + 4th for Trent Williams, as well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

I’d do that in a heartbeat! Haha 🤣 Heck, Is trade Trent for Tunsil in a heartbeat even though Trent is a better player and Tunsil was the most penalized OT in the NFL last year.

8 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I don't know if I'm serious or not. So who does, but--left tackles have gotten , or they are getting so hard to find and so expensive-Maybe we should trade down and take the bets available tackle.  Hopefully he'll play well and be "cheap" for 5 years. I'm going against my own view of drafting BPA in the first round and that seems to Chase Young by all accounts. ( Turtle, don't blow me outta the water ! ) 

Our Defense at this point seems somewhat competent-maybe. The offense needs the help. Maybe we'd extra picks to get a receiver also-- tough , tough calls for the front office. Again, If I hear "with the second pick the Redskins take Chase Young". I wont be disappointed.

I hear you, I was at this point last September & @lavar703 & I were having this same discussion. Lavar was staunchly for Chase & I was more open to drafting Andrew Thomas or Jerry Jeudy, but Chase is far and away the best player. 

We can find an OT to be a stop gap and we may have one on our roster now if Lucas or Christian shock us all and we can definitely draft an OT in the first round of next years draft to replace Trent if he’s gone & we don’t find a long term option.

We can’t find another Chase Young that easy. We don’t have a player on our D who’s close to as good as his potential is and we likley wouldn’t find one for a while in the draft either if we passed on him.

For Chase, it’s about the talent he is. It really doesn’t have to do w/ the position Chase plays, it's about his talent. I agree we’re pretty solid at DE w/o adding Chase, but we’re not adding Chase bc of need, we’re taking him bc he’s the best player in the draft by a pretty wide margin.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Do you think Reiff is that much better than Garrett Bolles? Seriously asking since it's practically the same trade I made.

No I don't. Bolles is actually probably better at this point and he's obviously younger. Great point.