Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

6 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

From the Browns standpoint.....talking about either of the two young CB's OR Njoku is a pure waste of time, you couldnt get any one of them for Trent, MUCH less that player AND a pick. That's Nonsensical.......32 year old OT who wants a ton of money for a 2nd year 23 year old CB with a pro bowl under his belt already? What sense would that make? You want that AND a 2nd round pick? I am failing to see the logic there? Were not talking about Trent Williams from 2012 and 2013 (last two healthy seasons he played)....were talking about Tent Williams from 2020....

They were desperate for him last year. I agree that would be a unbalanced trade but hey if they are still desperate Make it Happen. We could be picking at #2 and #10 if not for Bruce Allen. 

I also agree we have a better shot at Greedy over Ward. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Maybe some where on him, but alot weren't as well. He needs to be protected. 

I'm throwing off my back foot on this . , but didn't he go the last two games with no sacks because his release went from 2.9 to 2 .3 ? 

He was protected fairly well .

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

They were desperate for him last year. I agree that would be a unbalanced trade but hey if they are still desperate Make it Happen. We could be picking at #2 and #10 if not for Bruce Allen. 

I also agree we have a better shot at Greedy over Ward. 

OK, that is one way of looking at it. I would not say Desperate, if it was Desperate, In My Opinion it would look more like what the Texans gave up to Miami for Tunsle....

Asking for Ward was almost insulting. But Hey It never hurts to ask...

200.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

OK, that is one way of looking at it. I would not say Desperate, if it was Desperate, In My Opinion it would look more like what the Texans gave up to Miami for Tunsle....

200.gif

Agreed, I don't think Ward is in the conversation.  I think Njoku or Williams would definitely be available though. 

Fans can continue to knock on Trent's all they want but in reality he still has a solid 3-4 years left in him and has played at an All-Pro level throughout his entire career.  The amount of interest WAS is getting for Trent seems to show several teams would agree.  

29 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

Agreed, I don't think Ward is in the conversation.  I think Njoku or Williams would definitely be available though. 

Fans can continue to knock on Trent's all they want but in reality he still has a solid 3-4 years left in him and has played at an All-Pro level throughout his entire career.  The amount of interest WAS is getting for Trent seems to show several teams would agree.  

And IMO, Njoku POSSIBLY and that is a trade where we BOTH would want something....a "Sweetner" in return, in addition to the player. We would want Trent and your 3rd (just using as an example, not serious)

Greedy.....it would not even be a conversation. Non Starter.

And its tru, he has played at a Pro-Bowl level...not ALL-PRO,....pro Bowl's are what the fans vote.....all pro is chosen by a panel of national broadcasters and Sports Writers. Trent Williams has actually NEVER been all 1rst team ALL-PRO...he made the 2nd team all pro...so he's been a Pro-Bowl level talent, but he's never been selected by people who watch and write about it for a living. So Trent has been a VERY good player, when he's not been holding out, or he's not been injured (in 10 seasons he's played 16 games x 2 = 20% chance he stays healthy all season), or he's not suspended for drugs..... but he's not in the same class as a Johnathan Ogden, Orlando Pace or Joe Thomas....

Some Skins fan's, take the statement of these facts as Hate and an attempt to devalue Trent, and it's not hate, it is simply stating the truth. I would be all for giving the Skins Njoku + 2nd, if we were talking about Trent Williams 2013, not 2020 Trent Williams.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

I'm throwing off my back foot on this . , but didn't he go the last two games with no sacks because his release went from 2.9 to 2 .3 ? 

He was protected fairly well .

I'm not gonna go back and forth. A QB needs to be protected. That's a #Fact. Losing William's hurt last year and not replacing him again this year will do the same. 

Haskins time may improved because he grew as he played. Grew to learn how little time he had in the pocket and started stepping up more. 

Point being we need to find a way to replace Williams.

• Like 1

Just pondering, what exactly is Odell Beckham’s trade value right now, I mean is he still a 1st round pick kinda trade partner? Or would something like Trent Williams and Kelvin Harmon be good enough compensation? If we wanted to go that route

Edited by LoganF89

4 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Just pondering, what exactly is Odell Beckham’s trade value right now

Asking Price would be higher than his current Value. Its cost us 1rst and a 1rst round pick who was in his 2nd season.

I personally would want a 1rst and 3rd.......

1 minute ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Asking Price would be higher than his current Value. Its cost us 1rst and a 1rst round pick who was in his 2nd season.

I personally would want a 1rst and 3rd.......

Only thing is I think a 1st alone would be what y’all would get though, reasons being like we all know, this years WR class is stacked from 1st-4th rounds, and bc well Odell being Odell and people want to talk about games trents missed but Odell’s missed 21 games in 6 seasons

cleveland is fine at receiver if they did trade him IMO or could even add one in a later round.

a logical trade I could see being offered, if we were interested in Odell would be

CLEVELAND RECEIVES

Trent Williams- fixes yalls LT issues

Kelvin Harmon- good young receiver (honestly don’t want to trade him but....)

4th round pick

WASHINGTON RECEIVES

Odell Beckham

4 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Only thing is I think a 1st alone would be what y’all would get though, reasons being like we all know, this years WR class is stacked from 1st-4th rounds, and bc well Odell being Odell and people want to talk about games trents missed but Odell’s missed 21 games in 6 seasons

cleveland is fine at receiver if they did trade him IMO or could even add one in a later round.

a logical trade I could see being offered, if we were interested in Odell would be

CLEVELAND RECEIVES

4th round pick

WASHINGTON RECEIVES

Odell Beckham

IMO that's the one of the difference...OBJ JUST turned 27...and he has played 6, rookie of the year, when he finally got in and started, he won OROY. He then played an entire season, where he missed one game for a family issue. Then he played another 16, then he missed significant injury in 2017, that kept him out the first 4 games of 2018. When he got back in, in 2018 he's played 28 straight....so he seems pretty healthy, he's had 1 injury that kept him out for a part of 2 seasons. So the traditional injury history is a little different for Trent (and he'll be 32, not 27 and older players or Humans period, are more vulnerable to injury), who last played a full season when Obama was in his first term.....Not saying that OBJ is the picture of health.....but he has more played full seasons than seasons with time missed for Injury and he's 27 AND Wr's dont play a position as physically demanding as an Olineman. 

If there was a trade for OBJ right now without the skins giving up picks (exchange of picks is not giving one up in my opinion)

I would suggest this:

Skins get:

OBJ + 10 + 4th

Browns get

Trent Williams + 2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

He stays with us for two 3rds or we don't make that deal until draft day when I know who I can pick with those picks. Unless we sign a quality LT for the year in Free Agency. Haskins needs to be protected. I don't want Haskins taking even more hate because he can't be protected in his 1st year as a Full Time Starter. He got sacked alot in his 7 games played as a Rookie. 

Unless we make that trade a moment before the 1st 3rd rounder we won't know who we get and if we wait until the 3rd round to trade TW then that means that is the best we get.

We need to make the trade while the teams offering still have lots of ammo.  It has to happen before the draft.

Two 3rd rounders is not ideal, but we aren't getting ideal now that we waited another year.  Think about it this way, the best we could get for comp picks is one bottom of the 3rd rounder, so two good 3rd round picks sounds ok to me.  The likelyhood we get a 1st rounder is almost zero now.  So I think we are realistically hoping for a 2nd rounder plus something lower like a 4th.  Two 3rds is equivalent to that.  I take it and move on if it is on the table.

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

200.gif

If it's just an inquiry then it's not insulting. It never hurts to say no. I'd also say that the Browns aren't in a ”desperate mode” as they were last August/September bc last year you don't have a probable #10 pick playing LT, you had Mr. Weed bag Greg Robinson trying to play the position and mostly failing at it.

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

I don’t think OBJ is a RR type of player. Too much drama and disruption. If Terry McLaurin gets too many targets you’ll have a BIG BABY on your hands. Don’t want OBJ in a trade back. 

That's a Fair Assessment.....

30 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

CLEVELAND RECEIVES

4th round pick

WASHINGTON RECEIVES

Odell Beckham

LT is a more valuable position. I don't see why we would have to throw in a much to get a malcontent like Beckham.