Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

@Skins212689 If it’s the case That Trent is only worth a 3rd, I wouldn't trade him unless I got more. We can get a 2022 3rd round comp pick for Trent if we let him walk after this year. It's up to him if he wants to turn down $30 mil in earnings over the last two years or not. I think that'd be incredibly stupid, but I'm not him.

This what him and his agent must discuss and understand when negotiating a trade with their new team. This and multiple teams needing a top 5 LT is what I think gets us a good deal in return for Williams. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

I'm just worried they are going to try to get cute and wait until the draft to get rid of him. 

They probably don’t have a choice. Times like this you have to put your other teams GM hat on. If I was a GM of a team who had a hole at OT, why would I tread a high pick and sign Trent to a long term deal right now before the draft?

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They probably don’t have a choice. Times like this you have to put your other teams GM hat on. If I was a GM of a team who had a hole at OT, why would I tread a high pick and sign Trent to a long term deal right now before the draft?

Because I know what I'm getting in a Vet like Trent. The only thing Trent would have to do is pass my physical/private workout with him missing all.of last season. 

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Because I know what I'm getting in a Vet like Trent. The only thing Trent would have to do is pass my physical/private workout with him missing all.of last season. 

Yeah and you can probably wait to get him in two months. 

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah and you can probably wait to get him in two months. 

Getting him now also helps his new team fill other needs during Free Agency. He wants a new deal so they would in my opinion want all that settled before the draft. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If your the other GM?

Do you trade for Trent who's a pro bowler with red flags? (2nd & 3rd rounders)

Or 

Draft Tristen Wirfs & hope he's not a folding lawn chair? (1st Rd)

His Red Flag being resolved in the new CBA, if I'm picking in the late 1st early 2nd I'm interested in Trent Williams protecting my QB for the next 3-4 year's if that's a hole on my Team. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Getting him now also helps his new team fill other needs during Free Agency. He wants a new deal so they would in my opinion want all that settled before the draft. 

Correct. If you have a hole at LT, you fill it before the draft, and hopefully before FA. It allows you to go another direction with your $$ and picks.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Correct. If you have a hole at LT, you fill it before the draft, and hopefully before FA. It allows you to go another direction with your $$ and picks.

Trent being available Right Now also gives team's the advantage of bringing him in for visits ASAP hopefully or start communicating. This being the time Trent is showing he's in Football Shape and really looking forward to getting back to his top 100 player play. He's kinda like the 1st Free Agent before Free Agency. 

I think ultimately it’s a sellers market when your getting rid of solid LT’s and Edge guys. Even if it’s not ideal the comp should still be good because these teams with a hole at LT with young QB’s will pony up like the Texans. I don’t want to create a hole but hopefully we can strike gold somewhere

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I think ultimately it’s a sellers market when your getting rid of solid LT’s and Edge guys. Even if it’s not ideal the comp should still be good because these teams with a hole at LT with young QB’s will pony up like the Texans. I don’t want to create a hole but hopefully we can strike gold somewhere

The thing with the Texans is it makes more sense for them to pay the same compensation for Tunsil that they'd have to pay for Trent, bc Tunsil is younger.

The Broncos have tons of cap space, they could be an option for Trent.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

The thing with the Texans is it makes more sense for them to pay the same compensation for Tunsil that they'd have to pay for Trent, bc Tunsil is younger.

The Broncos have tons of cap space, they could be an option for Trent.

I could see the Broncos doing this. I think they believe in Lock!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I could see the Broncos doing this. I think they believe in Lock!!

Yeah, they’d trade for Trent, move Boles to RT and move Juwan James to RG.

I’d do it for a 2020 second and Isaac Yiadom their 3rd corner.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, they’d trade for Trent, move Boles to RT and move Juwan James to RG.

I’d do it for a 2020 second and Isaac Yiadom their 3rd corner.

I actually really like that trade. I still think we could get a 1 if we play this right maybe a 2 plus. I like the player though!!