Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

14 hours ago, Canuck said:

I know the majority of you guys want at least a 2nd, but how would you feel about landing a Njoku+3rd/4th or an OJ Howard + pick?? Or even Irv Smith from the Vikings. I'd rather take a lesser pick if we can fill a position of need

giphy.gif

4th at the MOST.....our Front office MIGHT offer our later 3rd.

He's 32 years old when the season starts, he's had significant (played 2 16 game seasons in 10 years )injury history, he's had drug suspensions, he's held out for money multiple times, and he's held out a year because he didnt like the training staff and GM......and he's gonna want big Money.

Too much baggage for too much money.....and we have a #1 QB, a #1 CB, a top 5 NFL RB an a top 5 DE to pay in the next 2-3 seasons.....

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I have no bad feelings towards Trent. I wish he would’ve finished his career here but this whole situation should’ve been dealt with last off-season. Let’s just get what we can and move on. 

bruceallenstupidface.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tredaddy said:

1) You think he was ok with how the Redskins handled his cancer scare?  This doesn't make sense

2) He never said that

3) He never said that

1. It was never about the cancer scare, at least not exclusively.  It has always been about money.

2. https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/8/1/20749916/the-trent-williams-situation-its-not-a-contract-thing

Hall was also asked if this was a contract thing:

“It’s not a contract thing and that’s what I asked him. And I’m sure he won’t mind me saying this - (Hall asks)hey Trent, what’s the end game? And, It’s not about money. Will money help ease things a little bit; maybe so, but this is not strictly a financial situation.”

3. I can't find the exact link while I'm at work, but from a conversation with Brice Allen, it was stated "if letting people go will bring you back, tell me their names and I will let them go." Trents response was something along the lines of he didnt want people to lose their jobs, but he couldn't come back with them here. (Anyone else remember this?)

Look, I have loved Trent since he joined the Redskins, but we as fans have no need to be loyal to him anymore. He has been making a business decision for himself since he decided to stay away from the team. We need to make a business decision and sell him for the highest value, wherever he can go.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

1. It was never about the cancer scare, at least not exclusively.  It has always been about money.

2. https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/8/1/20749916/the-trent-williams-situation-its-not-a-contract-thing

1.  The problem absolutely started with the cancer scare.  Saying "it was never about the cancer scare" is just a false statement.  

2.  I was basing my comment off of Trent's interviews, not what DeAngello said that Trent said.  Ill give you this -- but pretty certain Hall clarified this by saying it was not "strictly a financial situation" 

3.  This does not show he said he would come back if people were let go...

Listen I think it's fair for us fans to feel salty about the situation.  There's really no need to over-exaggerate the situation though and paint him as an awful human being.  He's been unanimously our best player in the past decade and he's done great things for this organization.  

The reality is BOTH the organization and Trent is at fault for how this has ended up like this.  He has equally the same right as us to be pissed off about the situation.  If he wants to leave, then let him.  Being salty and acting like he's a villain though is just wrong.  

• Like 1

It does make sense that the two most likely trade partners are the Pats and Browns. Don’t know what would be offered. Say if we didn’t find a trade partner and he was on the team for another year and a team picked him up for the 2021 season, we might get a 3rd rd Pick as compensation. If that’s true why would we only accept a 3rd rd Pick for him now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

It does make sense that the two most likely trade partners are the Pats and Browns. Don’t know what would be offered. Say if we didn’t find a trade partner and he was on the team for another year and a team picked him up for the 2021 season, we might get a 3rd rd Pick as compensation. If that’s true why would we only accept a 3rd rd Pick for him now. 

Because you get it now instead of waiting a year and it’ll be a higher pick, and you don’t have the cloud over you. 

I think y’all best move is to do like a 2020 forth and a 2021 conditional that can be as high as a second. 

the conditional makes the most sense because teams have to see how he’s doing health wise and need to see how productive he still is. If he makes the pro bowl it’s a second if he only starts lets say 14 games it’s a third. If he hits neither it’s a fourth

i think that’d be the best type of fair deal 

Edited by brownie man

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Because you get it now instead of waiting a year and it’ll be a higher pick, and you don’t have the cloud over you. 

I think y’all best move is to do like a 2020 forth and a 2021 conditional that can be as high as a second. 

the conditional makes the most sense because teams have to see how he’s doing health wise and need to see how productive he still is. If he makes the pro bowl it’s a second if he only starts lets say 14 games it’s a third. If he hits neither it’s a fourth

That's a garbage return for a great player. 

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

That's a garbage return for a great player. 

I think y’all are having trouble realizing he’s 32 years old and will have to be paid top of the market cash

I guarantee your going to get compensation closer to a Clowney deal than the Duane Brown/ Tunsil you all are hoping for. 

3rd round pick and something else. Y’all not sniffing a 2020 2nd or first thats a fact. 

I think y’all are having trouble realizing he’s 32 years old and will have to be paid top of the market cash

I guarantee your going to get compensation closer to a Clowney deal than the Duane Brown/ Tunsil you all are hoping for. 

3rd round pick and something else. Y’all not sniffing a 2020 2nd or first thats a fact. 

There will be like 10 teams who want him.  We aren't trading him for a 3rd.  

• Like 1

Too much interest for OT and Trent is still a top-5 LT.  You're acting like he can't play for another 3-4 years with a year less of wear-and-tear on top of it.  

Happy to place a wager we get at least a 2020 2nd in return.  

31 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

The reality is BOTH the organization and Trent is at fault for how this has ended up like this.  He has equally the same right as us to be pissed off about the situation.  If he wants to leave, then let him.  Being salty and acting like he's a villain though is just wrong.  

I agree that both are at fault. I am just a fan that dedicates my time and money to watching our team [strikethrough]succeed[/strikethrough] flounder. The thing is, like many have stated before, if Trent came out and said, "Hey, I'm underpaid. I want more money." We all would have understood; Supported him even. The way he is going about this is a cop-out. Yes, Cancer is a scary thing. Yes, I was furious with the Redskins Front Office/Medical Staff when this all started. But that's not what this is about "anymore". If anyone thinks Trent wants off the Redskins because of his cancer scare you are crazy. Trent wants more money from WHOEVER will pay him. That is what matters. If we offered him top dollar for Tackles, he would stay. Why? Because its about money. 

I'm not trying to villainize him. He tarnished his "legacy" (IMO) with how this is ending. New Coach, new opportunity to solidify yourself as one of the best LTs ever for the Redskins. He doesn't want that. If he doesn't want to be loyal, we dont have to be loyal to him. 

All we can say is, thanks for the time you were here (and playing) and good luck elsewhere. Now some desperate team give us what we want for him. (Yes my bitter side does not want him to get a ring elsewhere, sue me)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2935d64fca216aeade3a

18 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’d take the condition on being a 1st if he makes the pro bowl. And, we take that one to bank!