Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

When we trade Trent, I sure as hell hope we can sign Jack Conklin.

I want him too, just hope he can play LT. He’s a better run blocker then pass blocker so that’s the only thing that worries me. 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

What do y’all think you can get for him then?

hes 32 with a brain issue and need a new contract. 

thats why y’all in this position in the first place. Dude sat out a whole year y’all didn’t get a thing for him he’s wasting space 

When Duane Brown was traded to Seattle at almost 33 years old the Texans sent Brown and a 5th to the Seahawks for a 2nd and future 3rd

i think Trent is a better player than Brown all day but anything less than that trade I’m turning down

ultimately I would like to get Miami’s second pick in the 2nd round (saints) and their 3rd round pick this year 

if they go Tua or Herbert in the first round I highly doubt they have a rookie blocking for him. With 3 1st, 2 2nds, and 1 3rd I highly doubt they run a whole team of rookies.

they also lead the league in cap space and can afford an extension

as far as the browns are concerned though there are two trades I would consider

Williams for a 2nd and 4th this year

Williams and a 4th (comp) for Beckham

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

When Duane Brown was traded to Seattle at almost 33 years old the Texans sent Brown and a 5th to the Seahawks for a 2nd and future 3rd

i think Trent is a better player than Brown all day but anything less than that trade I’m turning down

ultimately I would like to get Miami’s second pick in the 2nd round (saints) and their 3rd round pick this year 

if they go Tua or Herbert in the first round I highly doubt they have a rookie blocking for him. With 3 1st, 2 2nds, and 1 3rd I highly doubt they run a whole team of rookies.

they also lead the league in cap space and can afford an extension

as far as the browns are concerned though there are two trades I would consider

Williams for a 2nd and 4th this year

Williams and a 4th (comp) for Beckham

I don’t know how we can turn down the 42nd pick in the draft. That'd be pretty foolish, it's very close to being a first. 

Passing on just a 2nd is equivalent to what Brice was doing last year, overvaluing Trent.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

You get a 3rd just keeping him this yr & letting him walk next yr.

He's 31 now (32 in July)

I don't take less than a 2nd. Unless players are involved.

We'll get a 1st. Question is...who?

I believe it will be the Pats.

You only get a 3rd if we don’t sign a big FA, I would love to get a first but I just don’t see that happening unless we trade our 4th which I would be ok with but I don’t think it happens.

most logical is a 2nd and later pick

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, taylor made said:

The draft, and this team suddenly got a lot more interesting.

If a 3-13 team is passing on elite talent to fill a need then we’re dumber then I honestly thought we were before...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know how we can turn down the 42nd pick in the draft. That'd be pretty foolish, it's very slow to being a first. 

Passing on just a 2nd is equivalent to what Brice was doing last year, overvaluing Trent.

I think in the end it’s a 2nd and later pick, hopefully no later than 4th but that brown trade just sticks in my head

I know the majority of you guys want at least a 2nd, but how would you feel about landing a Njoku+3rd/4th or an OJ Howard + pick?? Or even Irv Smith from the Vikings. I'd rather take a lesser pick if we can fill a position of need

• Like 1

I think we get Patriots 23rd & trade away our 5th rounder & Trent.

We get Chase @#2.

Then , at #23 we can either take one of the rookie OT's still on the board? (But not a sure fire pro bowl talent like the Patriots know Trent is...hence the trade)

Or...we trade down from #23 & accumulate more draft selections. (Since we have no 2nd rounder)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Canuck said:

I know the majority of you guys want at least a 2nd, but how would you feel about landing a Njoku+3rd/4th or an OJ Howard + pick?? Or even Irv Smith from the Vikings. I'd rather take a lesser pick if we can fill a position of need

Njoku and a third would be great😍

23 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I think in the end it’s a 2nd and later pick, hopefully no later than 4th but that brown trade just sticks in my head

Different situation. Brown did have cancer, he hadn't held out the year before, he didn't have Trent’s injury history and he was younger when he was traded.

Edited by turtle28

41 minutes ago, Canuck said:

I’m not completely against this. I think player for player picks sometimes are easier to gauge when draft capitol IMO is priceless. So if you were to swap disgruntled talent and get similar value the late round picks can be to make up for positional value between the two players.

43 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I think we get Patriots 23rd & trade away our 5th rounder & Trent.

We get Chase @#2.

Then , at #23 we can either take one of the rookie OT's still on the board? (But not a sure fire pro bowl talent like the Patriots know Trent is...hence the trade)

Or...we trade down from #23 & accumulate more draft selections. (Since we have no 2nd rounder)

I hope your right!!!!

• Like 1