Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think if we get a second for Trent we could get a good tackle. This draft is loaded with OT talent. Trey Adams, Prince and Austin Jackson could all be available in the second. 

I would love a 2nd rounder for him. Problem is that he's asking for a (reportedly) 30% above market for top LT. No one is gonna trade for a player who is asking for that.

So be prepared for him to sit another year unless we can somehow work a trade.

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah. This was monumental stupidity on Brice's part

And... tadahh that’s why Bruce is gone and the main person we have to thank for that is, you guessed it... TRENT WILLIAMS!

Pay the man! He saved our franchise from Brice Allen!

2 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Miami radio pushing a trade for Trent as an overall trade for the number 2 pick. They trade two firsts, a first and second next year and Fitz for our first and Trent. 

That just makes no sense for Miami. Why would you give up everything you got for Tunsil for an older, probably more expensive player? 

• Like 2

Just now, turtle28 said:

And... tadahh that’s why Bruce is gone and the main person we have to thank for that is, you guessed it... TRENT WILLIAMS!

Pay the man! He saved our franchise from Brice Allen!

Again. You're wrong. 

Had we been perennial playoff team with stands overflowing Brice would still be here, regardless of what happened with Trent. 

6 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Miami radio pushing a trade for Trent as an overall trade for the number 2 pick. They trade two firsts, a first and second next year and Fitz for our first and Trent. 

Wha? They’re crazy, that’s extremely lopsided. We’d be losing Chase Young and Trent Williams. Chase himself is worth their #2, their 2nd this year and at least a 1st next year or one of their other firsts this year.

Their trade offer essentially comes down to Chase Young for those picks and Trent for Fitz when you break it down.

That’s a hard no from me dog.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Wha? They’re crazy, that’s extremely lopsided. We’d be losing Chase Young and Trent Williams. Chase himself is worth their #2, their 2nd this year and at least a 1st next year or one of their other firsts this year.

Their trade offer essentially comes down to Chase Young for those picks and Trent for Fitz when you break it down.

That’s a hard no from me dog.

Agreed. This makes zero sense from our side of the trade.

I'm not trading Chase for anything less than an RG3 like trade.

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Again. You're wrong. 

Had we been perennial playoff team with stands overflowing Brice would still be here, regardless of what happened with Trent. 

I’ve already said this but, I’ll say it again since you must have misremembered. Allen was never rumored to be in trouble until the Trent Williams hold out and how he mismanaged and miscalculated Trent’s hold out. Brice refused to negotiate with Trent. He refused to entertain even first round pick offers for Trent from the a Browns and Patriots. He thought Trent was bluffing and that bc he was Brice Allen who worked for the Redskins that Trent would come crawling in for the first week in September. 

Bruce lost that battle and ultimately the war as he was canned after the season.

I never said the only reason Brice was fired was bc of Trent, but up until the Trent hold out and the mismanagement of the situation, it wasn’t believed that Brice would be fired.

Trent holding out and not playing all year was the final straw for Dan Snyder. Now, you can disagree with me and others all you want on that as you continually try to put more blame on Trent then on Brice, but I think if you’d ask Snyder he’d say that was the main reason and I think almost the entire fanbase would agree with my take too.

1 minute ago, Doc Draper said:

Seems their fans are worried about Riverboat Ron’s combine smokescreens 

Fans always overreact to smokescreens. People overreact every offseaon to all the smokescreens, rumors and bad reporting.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’ve already said this but, I’ll say it again since you must have misremembered. Allen was never rumored to be in trouble until the Trent Williams hold out and how he mismanaged and miscalculated Trent’s hold out. Brice refused to negotiate with Trent. He refused to entertain even first round pick offers for Trent from the a Browns and Patriots. He thought Trent was bluffing and that bc he was Brice Allen who worked for the Redskins that Trent would come crawling in for the first week in September. 

Bruce lost that battle and ultimately the war as he was canned after the season.

I never said the only reason Brice was fired was bc of Trent, but up until the Trent hold out and the mismanagement of the situation, it wasn’t believed that Brice would be fired.

Trent holding out and not playing all year was the final straw for Dan Snyder. Now, you can disagree with me and others all you want on that as you continually try to put more blame on Trent then on Brice, but I think if you’d ask Snyder he’d say that was the main reason and I think almost the entire fanbase would agree with my take too.

Allen was never rumored to be anything until the end of the season. Because Snyder learned his lesson from firing Norv mid-season.

Yet another year of 3-13 and 25k attendance added to Brice's total is what did him in. Not Trent's holdout. 

Again - had we been the Patriots and Trent did exactly what he did, Brice is still here.

Now...all that being said. Was it stupid not to trade Trent? Yes. But that wasn't Trent's doing. He wanted to be traded. That was Brice showing yet again he is a crappy GM.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

What is ridiculous is arguing the Redskins are responsible for his cancer scare. They aren't. Yet he argued they are because he sat out all last offseason because of it.

True. We agree. However, when the person lets it be known that he is acting in a particular manner BECAUSE of the other event? Yeah...

Your analogy literally makes no sense in this case.

More apt is this. Billy falls down outside of school and then uses that injury as his refusal to attend classes.

You keep tip toeing the ask to provide factual evidence for your Trent using his cancer to get a new contract.  Repeating the same thing over and over again doesn’t make you right.  Either address that or it’s just a short sighted opinion with zero merit.

When has Trent ever said “since I got cancer i deserve this contract?” Literally no one is saying that besides you.

The analogy makes perfect sense.  It’s the classic correlation without causation fallacy that you’re beating your head over.

Edited by tredaddy

42 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Allen was never rumored to be anything until the end of the season. Because Snyder learned his lesson from firing Norv mid-season.

Yet another year of 3-13 and 25k attendance added to Brice's total is what did him in. Not Trent's holdout. 

Again - had we been the Patriots and Trent did exactly what he did, Brice is still here.

Now...all that being said. Was it stupid not to trade Trent? Yes. But that wasn't Trent's doing. He wanted to be traded. That was Brice showing yet again he is a crappy GM.

But it was the Trent Williams situation which was the biggest reason the fanbase  got even more alienated w/ Allen & Snyder and was a huge part in leading to a 3-13. It was the last straw for Snyder, it was the last straw for a lot of the fanbase who quit going to games bc w/o Trent protecting whoever the QB was and blocking for AD, the team wasn’t as consistent on offense.

Penn was serviceable, but you can certainly point to Trent not being on the team last year as a major reason they only won 3 games instead of 5-7.

Just think, our roster/starting 22 - outside Reed, Trent & VD - was pretty equivalent to the 2019 roster - and better at WR w/ Terry - which Alex Smith had at 6-3 after 9 games of last year. Is Keenum that much of a drop off from Alex Smith?  I’d say there’s some drop off between those two QBs, but not 3 or 4 games worth of a drop off.

So again, it points to Trent not being there and of course the concussion  injuries to Reed & VD but the Trent situation was the biggest reason.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

That’s only bc Dan doesn’t talk to the media.