Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

2 hours ago, Canuck said:

I know the majority of you guys want at least a 2nd, but how would you feel about landing a Njoku+3rd/4th or an OJ Howard + pick?? Or even Irv Smith from the Vikings. I'd rather take a lesser pick if we can fill a position of need

I would be good with that

43 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

One more thing I'll add...

Some might say that Redskins won't get much, because teams know Trent wants out. He's done playing for the skins.

So I give you exibit A) Jalen Ramsey

He was also on a rookie contract, coming off an all pro year, and I don’t think he’s even 25

completly different scenario

look I love your enthusiasm, I would be so excited if we got a 1st from the Pats but I’m telling you man it’s not gonna happen. I wish it would but it’s just not

10 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

They'll get a 3rd round pick. Bruce completely torpedoed Trent's trade value.

I’m afraid I agree. 

But it’s not just Bruce’s doing. Trent has systematically torpedoed his own trade value with his bizarre behavior, ludicrous contract demands, and refusal to demonstrate that he can actually, you know, still play football. 

I just can’t envision anyone giving up a valuable asset like a 2nd round pick in this high quality draft for the right to give Trent a market-setting contract, sight unseen. There are 5 projectable OT starters in the 1st round of this draft that teams could opt for instead, and some decent projects that will come off the board later. They could use the money they save on an instant starter in the FA market at another position of need instead of investing it all in one giant question mark. 

And now that I think about it, maybe that’s Rivera’s plan. Let Trent see that the market for him is not nearly as hot as he expects it to be, let him see that no one wants to pay him what he’s asking for without some showing that he can still play — and maybe he comes back to the team a bit humbled and ready to play ball. Doubtful after his behavior over the last 8 months or so, but it could be the hope. 

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

I’m afraid I agree. 

But it’s not just Bruce’s doing. Trent has systematically torpedoed his own trade value with his bizarre behavior, ludicrous contract demands, and refusal to demonstrate that he can actually, you know, still play football. 

I just can’t envision anyone giving up a valuable asset like a 2nd round pick in this high quality draft for the right to give Trent a market-setting contract, sight unseen. There are 5 projectable OT starters in the 1st round of this draft that teams could opt for instead, and some decent projects that will come off the board later. They could use the money they save on an instant starter in the FA market at another position of need instead of investing it all in one giant question mark. 

And now that I think about it, maybe that’s Rivera’s plan. Let Trent see that the market for him is not nearly as hot as he expects it to be, let him see that no one wants to pay him what he’s asking for without some showing that he can still play — and maybe he comes back to the team a bit humbled and ready to play ball. Doubtful after his behavior over the last 8 months or so, but it could be the hope. 

Agreed on most of this.

But I think we can get at least the Browns 2nd this year (because they want #10 to go to another impact player) and another pick next year (4th that goes to 3rd conditional). As long as we send them Trent and another pick next year (5th or 6th).

BTW - because I can be spiteful at times, if we can't trade him for at least a 2nd and if he comes back humbled, I'd make him play this year and then franchise him if he shows he can play. And then trade him. Let him know who really has the leverage here.

Edit: the Rams could be in the market for him too (their LT is ancient). Since they dont have a 1st this year, they probably wont part with their 2nd. But we can then say, "give me your 2021 first, and he's yours". 

All it takes is 2 or 3 teams wanting him.

• Like 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/06/trent-williams-just-happy-situation-is-nearing-an-end/

Here's my thoughts, and yeah, I'm bitter.

Trent said he was unhappy with the way the Redskins handled his cancer scare. (Lie detector determined that was a lie.)

Said he would never play for the organization again.

Said it wasn't about money. (Lie detector determined that was a lie.)

Reports came out that if certain people were let go, he would come back. (Lie detector determined that was a lie.)

Said people are no longer with the organization and now he just "wants a change". Way to tarnish your entire career as a Redskin. Dude has been a legit LT for us for a long time and I have enjoyed watching him play, but I hope he goes somewhere and loses every game he plays. For as much as the organization has stuck by his side through stupid stuff, I'm ready to wash my hands of the primadonna that is Trent Williams. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

One more thing I'll add...

Some might say that Redskins won't get much, because teams know Trent wants out. He's done playing for the skins.

So I give you exibit A) Jalen Ramsey

Ramsey was elite though. 

22 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Trent said he was unhappy with the way the Redskins handled his cancer scare. (Lie detector determined that was a lie.)

Reports came out that if certain people were let go, he would come back. (Lie detector determined that was a lie.)

1) You think he was ok with how the Redskins handled his cancer scare?  This doesn't make sense

2) He never said that

3) He never said that

Edited by tredaddy

47 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/06/trent-williams-just-happy-situation-is-nearing-an-end/

Here's my thoughts, and yeah, I'm bitter.

Said he would never play for the organization again.

Said people are no longer with the organization and now he just "wants a change". Way to tarnish your entire career as a Redskin. Dude has been a legit LT for us for a long time and I have enjoyed watching him play, but I hope he goes somewhere and loses every game he plays. For as much as the organization has stuck by his side through stupid stuff, I'm ready to wash my hands of the primadonna that is Trent Williams. 

Shhh...you're not supposed to ever question the veracity of Saint Trent. Everything he says is gospel.

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Trent balled out for us for years and played through injuries. It's been a bad breakup, but for you know what's sake, remember the warrior he was. He solidified that position for years.

I have no bad feelings towards Trent. I wish he would’ve finished his career here but this whole situation should’ve been dealt with last off-season. Let’s just get what we can and move on.