Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

8 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Cardinals, browns, jets, and Texans all have interest

i don’t think the Texans have a good trade to offer

Im hoping more teams jump in.

The more teams we get bidding for Trent's services, the better offer we can get hopefully.

5 isn't bad..(Chargers are that 5th team, btw)

Like to see 2 or 3 more throw their hat in the ring.

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah. But how much does he have left in the tank? Dude is ancient

He’s def up there and his play looked to fall off I think that was a big reason for Goff to fall alittle he was pressured a lot more from behind last year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Jason Peters just makes way too much sense in this situation. He even buys you time to draft your future LT. 

Lavar when you say it makes too much sense, atleast I know there’s a chance it might happen, with Brice I knew there would never have been a chance. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

He’s def up there and his play looked to fall off I think that was a big reason for Goff to fall alittle he was pressured a lot more from behind last year

It was the rest of the Rams interior OL that fell apart last year. I think they lost 3 or 4 starters, that had something to do with Gurley’s drop off too, besides his bad knee. Saffold to the Titans, & Brown in FA? Then, Sullivan retired. Also their RT got hurt and missed most of the year.

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This is true, but I think the Jets trade for Trent Williams and somebody else will swoop in for Conklin.

I think the Jets give you a 2nd.

Yeah, I doubt the Browns sign Conklin & sign/trade for Trent.

It's already been reported/rumored that the Jets are going to be signing Conklin.

I'm not sure where Trent ends up, but the Brownies would make sense given the talent you have on your team save your OL.

If I'm the Browns, I trade my 2nd for Trent and draft Christian Wirfts, Mekhi Becton or Jedrick Wills to play RT. W/in two months the Browns can greatly improve their OL.

I was snooping on the Jets page and all they were talking bout was the big 4 OTs in FA

Conklin, Costanzo, Bulaga, and Vaiti.

tried explaining to them that all but 1 were RTs but that Conklin has a chance but it’s risky, Costanzo will prob sign back with Indy or retire

they basically said they would only trade a third and maybe a conditional pick... 

i said y’all a second would get it done but if they offered both 3rd I would take that too

if I were the jets I would go 1. Jeudy, 2. Okwuebunam, And Trade both 3rds for Trent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I was snooping on the Jets page and all they were talking bout was the big 4 OTs in FA

Conklin, Costanzo, Bulaga, and Vaiti.

tried explaining to them that all but 1 were RTs but that Conklin has a chance but it’s risky, Costanzo will prob sign back with Indy or retire

they basically said they would only trade a third and maybe a conditional pick... 

i said y’all a second would get it done but if they offered both 3rd I would take that too

if I were the jets I would go 1. Jeudy, 2. Okwuebunam, And Trade both 3rds for Trent.

The problem the redskins have now - and most of us predicted it last summer & fall - was now they are dealing with FA OTs & then the draft next month. 

Why would a team trade for Trent when they could sign one of those other 4 or they can draft one of the top 5 OTs who may all go in round 1?

Team's are going to want Trent but they aren't going to want to give up a 1st or 2nd round pick and have to make him one of the highest paid OTs in the NFL. That's a bigger investment for a team then just signing one of the other OTs or drafting one.

We could come down go a point where we can't trade him for what we want and we hold onto him.

The question then is, if we wait until August/September will a team have an injury and then we can trade him for a higher pick before the trade deadline like Allen should’ve done last year?

If we can't trade Trent for good compensation play this year, will he play this year and then wait for FA next year?

Would you franchise and try to trade Trent next offseason if we can't trade him now?

Would you just take the 2022 3rd rnd comp pick if we can't trade him for a late 1st, 2nd or a player/pick this year?