Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Ok so Agent show me the team willing to trade for Trent and the offer they offered.

We know what Bruce Alllen turned down last year but we don't know what Rivera and his staff has turned down!

If it's not a 2nd round pick or more I'll take the 3rd round compensation pick I get in return once he's signed elsewhere after his contract is up here. 

You will never know what team it is unless the trade happens. Nobody will. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:
That changes things....

Not really, lol.  The agent has been saying that all along.  And the team has been saying the opposite.  It's a question of who you believe.  FWIW, the agent was dodging the question when the hosts were asking if he thought a 2nd round pick was fair comp for the Skins.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Not really, lol.  The agent has been saying that all along.  And the team has been saying the opposite.  It's a question of who you believe.  FWIW, the agent was dodging the question when the hosts were asking if he thought a 2nd round pick was fair comp for the Skins.

I mean, if it gets to the point of talking to teams contract wise and you say you need $20M plus after going to the media and saying that those aren't the contract demands...

It's besides the point of proper draft compensation. Of course the guy is worth at the very least a mid round pick even with contract demands (if he's not looking to reset the OT market at age 32).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, if it gets to the point of talking to teams contract wise and you say you need $20M plus after going to the media and saying that aren't the contract demands...

True, but it's all about the guaranteed amount.  He could easily be asking for $16mm AAV, fully guaranteed over 4-5 years.  We just don't know.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

True, but it's all about the guaranteed amount.  He could easily be asking for $16mm AAV, fully guaranteed over 4-5 years.  We just don't know.

I mean it's not impossible but I highly doubt that.

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

What non Redskin fan thinks a 2nd round pick is too much for Trent Williams? 

Think people need to notice what vets over the age of 30 are going for too. Jurrel Casey is 30 with a reasonable contract got shipped for a 7th. Calais Campbell (bit older though) went for a 5th.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

His agent comes off as well, an agent, he’ll flip it anyway possible - even lie - to get his point out there and to paint a rosey picture on him and Trent. His agent is doing this now bc he knows he has to. For almost a year, Trent & his agent both have totally destroyed his value in a trade and his value on a new contract. Everyone knows that, we’ll every but them I guess.

Completely agree here. If the agent and Trent want to see who is responsible for holding things up now, they need to look in the mirror

3 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Trent’s agent called into Grant and Danny on 106.7...

Said contract has never been the issue. He has a deal with at least 1 team, but the Redskins ask changes from day to day.

Geesh...this seems like it’s never going to end. 

Other team:

"Yeah, we'll see your ridiculous contract demands. But most we can offer because of that is a 7th rounder"

Trent's Agent:

"We had a deal with another team. The Redskins turned it down"

1 hour ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

FWIW, Trent’s agent said that the $20M report was false. That is not the number he is looking for. 

Then he's calling JP Finlay a liar? Because he basically reported that it was astronomically high. The agent's $16mAAV isn't astronomically high since he's currently getting $14.5m now.