Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You literally have no idea.  None of us do.  And no one here is going to take the agent's spin as fact.

I think there's a MUCH better chance they're not given the fact it's not the market and he wants out than he is and obviously making it so he can't go anywhere.

22 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

What non Redskin fan thinks a 2nd round pick is too much for Trent Williams? 

All or them 😂 

I don’t get why you all won’t do a third. 

Even if you get a comp pick it’s going to be at the bottom of the round.

any third rounder you get from a team is higher than a comp third rounder. 

So it doesn’t make sense to wait for a comp pick that’s going to be lower and an entire year later if you could have a teams regular third this year. 

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

There is no benefit to passing up a third rounder unless you actually think you can keep him. Which you won’t 

man y’all FO makes us look high class 

😂 

I bet y’all trade him for a third 

Edited by brownie man

31 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, if it gets to the point of talking to teams contract wise and you say you need $20M plus after going to the media and saying that those aren't the contract demands...

It's besides the point of proper draft compensation. Of course the guy is worth at the very least a mid round pick even with contract demands (if he's not looking to reset the OT market at age 32).

Exactly. If they were asking $16m AAV then the deal would've been done long ago. I could see an LT needy team pull the trigger and send a 2020 3rd or 2021 2nd our way as a result. No way we're getting  2nd this year.

People need to pay attention to the people who have incentive to lie. Watch their actions and outcomes, not their words.

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

All or them 😂 

I don’t get why you all won’t do a third. 

Even if you get a comp pick it’s going to be at the bottom of the round.

any third rounder you get from a team is higher than a comp third rounder. 

So it doesn’t make sense to wait for a comp pick that’s going to be lower and an entire year later if you could have a teams regular third this year. 

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

There is no benefit to passing up a third rounder unless you actually think you can keep him. Which you won’t 

man y’all FO makes us look high class 

😂 

I bet y’all trade him for a third 

Still drunk. 

25 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

What non Redskin fan thinks a 2nd round pick is too much for Trent Williams? 

I think that is too much ... given what other players in his age bracket get traded for when their are problems.

I have him penciled in for a trade compensation of 4th round pick.

17 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean it's not impossible but I highly doubt that.

Think people need to notice what vets over the age of 30 are going for too. Jurrel Casey is 30 with a reasonable contract got shipped for a 7th. Calais Campbell (bit older though) went for a 5th.

Those aren't guys top 5 in protecting a 40 year Tom Brady. 

2 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I think that is too much ... given what other players in his age bracket get traded for when their are problems.

A 4th? The Duane Brown trade says this is BS. And Duane Brown isn’t anywhere close to as good as Williams. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Those aren't guys top 5 in protecting a 40 year Tom Brady. 

Calais Campbell was just an all pro a couple years ago and consistent pro bowler including last year (not that that means a ton).

Think it's highly unlikely, based on a very underrated Jurell Casey, also went for a 7th.

Trent Williams hasn't played in over a year either.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

A 4th? The Duane Brown trade says this is BS. And Duane Brown isn’t anywhere close to as good as Williams. 

That was a trade 2+ years ago. The market for players above the age of 30, while also wanting an increase in pay/contract, isn't that with where we sit now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CriminalMind said:

All of us "experts" giving our value of him doesn't mean jack. The two teams that eventually agree to the trade (Redskins and whoever) will determine his value.

This situation is kind of like trading collectables. Sure there is a wishy-washy "value" for the collectable, some people will value it more, some people value it less. But the personal who possesses it dictates it's starting value and then negotiations can happen.

I really just cant wait till this situation is over.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

All of us "experts" giving our value of him doesn't mean jack. The two teams that eventually agree to the trade (Redskins and whoever) will determine his value.

This situation is kind of like trading collectables. Sure there is a wishy-washy "value" for the collectable, some people will value it more, some people value it less. But the personal who possesses it dictates it's starting value and then negotiations can happen.

Correct. Look at the Texans trading away Hopkins for essentially dryer lint.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Titans could've "wanted" a 2nd rounder for Casey, but if the market clearly isn't that for a player his age with his contract/contract demands, that doesn't matter.

It's all about market value and what is fair with where the rest of the market is (unless your Bill O'Brien).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Its very difficult to find a trading partner at this point in time, prolly gets harder with every day.

You need to find a trade partner that a) can actually make a deal (cap space wise) b) has a starting LT need for said player c) wants to accept the baggage of Trent d) willing to give up draft compensation/player

It's a very small list of teams.... and that's why the price drops IMO

The fact that its a reasonably good LT draft class, should in theory drive the price down even more.

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Titans could've "wanted" a 2nd rounder for Casey, but if the market clearly isn't that for a player his age with his contract/contract demands, that doesn't matter.

It's all about market value and what is fair with where the rest of the market is (unless your Bill O'Brien).

I tend to agree here. 

So for only $16m AAV, would you (as GM of a team - not necessarily your team but one that needs a LT) trade a 2020 - 3rd  or a 2021 - 2nd rounder?

I'm of the camp that a 3rd might be the highest the Redskins get right now. 

But...if we wait until the season and injuries happen to playoff teams, we might get a panicked team willing to do the trade (provided he shows up and shows he can still play). Otherwise, we just tell him to stay home and hope he had a nice time playing in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Calais Campbell was just an all pro a couple years ago and consistent pro bowler including last year (not that that means a ton).

Think it's highly unlikely, based on a very underrated Jurell Casey, also went for a 7th.

Trent Williams hasn't played in over a year either.

As said those arent top 5 guys ij protecting a Tom Brady. Cambell isn't a top 5 pass rusher. William's has been able to get his body in football shape for a full year and a half. He left the game as a top 5 QB protector and I need fair compensation for that. 

Williams is under contract to protect my young QB in Haskins and I'm not giving him away just for anything. Last year his value was a 1st from Bill Belichick coming off injury. I need at least a 2nd round pick for a top 5 LT who I have all the leverage to keep on my roster or he retires at his own will. I'm not paying him 20 million nor is any other team. 

Trent you want out find me a Team willing to offer a 2nd round pick or you play on your final deal of your SIGNED CONTRACT and next year I get a 3rd round compensation pick for you. 

Final offer.