Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

10 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, you might be right. Which for me is why I think the smarter strategy is just to force him to report and try a trade during the season. I said earlier, that in my professional life, I've taken nothing before during negotiations rather than let the other side get a sweetheart deal (thinking they could roll me for a song). So that's just me. 

Plus, I don't like Trent.

I can't like this post, because I see no reason to not like Trent. The way you've flipped on this after Trent said what he said about the medical staff only leads me to believe that its personal and you must personally know someone who is affected or has had their reputation put in question by his accusations bc otherwise it really doesn't make sense.

That being said, I agree with the first paragraph and have also come to the conclusion if the Redskins can't trade Trent for the Jets two 3rds, a 2nd round pic or better or a good player then, they should just hold onto him and make him report.

I don't see him skipping a second season, that would basically be the end of his career almost and at that point he should just retire.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Protecting the QB is what Trent does that those other guys don't do. So if I'm Tampa Bay or a team as such and I can get Trent Williams to protect Brady for the next 2 years oppose to rookie I'm making that move. I'm not paying Trent 20 million but I'd have no problem extending him based on the fact he should be in top notch shape coming off a full year of recovery. He didn't leave the game as a scrub, he left as one of the best LT's. I won't under value that. Trent has had plenty of time to get in shape and if he really is looking for a extention Is in Great Football Shape. 

You keep acting like a LT is so far above everything else in terms of value. As far as I can see based on contracts being given out...that's not the case.

Guess we'll see, but I don't think you're going to be happy with compensation at the end of the day.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I can't like this post, because I see no reason to not like Trent. The way you've flipped on this after Trent said what he said about the medical staff only leads me to believe that its personal and you must personally know someone who is affected or has had their reputation put in question by his accusations bc otherwise it really doesn't make sense.

That being said, I agree with the first paragraph and have also come to the conclusion if the Redskins can't trade Trent for the Jets two 3rds, a 2nd round pic or better or a good player then, they should just hold onto him and make him report.

I don't see him skipping a second season, that would basically be the end of his career almost and at that point he should just retire.

Jags fans are in the same boat with Yan. Team wronged him last year and he's deservedly wanting out. Although I love Yan and want him to be a career Jaguar, I get it.

Trent's situation? That's worse x10. Can't imagine being pissed at Trent.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Recently found out we'd only get a 5th round comp pick if Trent walks in 2021.

Lmaooooooooooooooo

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

yeah good luck with that second if this is true lmao 

8 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Ouch. Good pull by Keim. Okay, if we don't get a 3rd/4th offered to us, then I'm still okay with making him come back and proving himself.

I'd definitely make him come back and prove himself If we aren't getting a high 3rd or better. Sorry for anyone who disagrees.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Lmaooooooooooooooo

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Not trying to be a jerk here bro but if this is all you’re going to add to this conversation it makes no sense to keep posting in it. None of us get to pick the value that teams want and none of us get to decide what they’ll actually take. It is what it is. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Lmaooooooooooooooo

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

This is the freaking redskins forum.  Explain to me why you are here being a **** about this.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Not trying to be a jerk here bro but if this is all you’re going to add to this conversation it makes no sense to keep posting in it. None of us get to pick the value that teams want and none of us get to decide what they’ll actually take. It is what it is. 

There are just so many of you all in this thread alone that seem to have no understanding of value. Like there is nothing about this situation at all that should ever make you think you should get a second rounder 

it just boggles my mind that y’all have actually been thinking that. It’s pretty funny 😂  which is why I’m reading in here. Plus we have Houston’s third which I think it’s perfect fair value for Trent. 

so until he’s traded I’m gonna keep tabs on it. 

with that news Of a 5th round comp pick that’s freaking crazy I’m super interested to see how this is going to turn out 

Edited by brownie man

26 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Ouch. Good pull by Keim. Okay, if we don't get a 3rd/4th offered to us, then I'm still okay with making him come back and proving himself.

Yeah.  We can still try to tag and trade him in 2021 if we don't like what we're being offered now.  I doubt it gets that far, but it is an option.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

There are just so many of you all in this thread alone that seem to have no understanding of value. Like there is nothing about this situation at all that should every make you think you should get a second rounder 

it just boggles my mind that y’all have actually been thinking that. It’s pretty funny 😂 

Its the ******* Redskins forum!

Do you know where Redskins fans should post whatever they want about the Trent Williams situation.  IN THE REDSKINS FORUM. 

Go be a **** somewhere else.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Lmaooooooooooooooo

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Lmao, your team offered a 1st last year.  Go troll somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

There are just so many of you all in this thread alone that seem to have no understanding of value. Like there is nothing about this situation at all that should every make you think you should get a second rounder 

it just boggles my mind that y’all have actually been thinking that. It’s pretty funny 😂 

Actually before Trent and his agent totally tanked his value I totally believe a second was attainable and very fair compensation for both parties involved. As of now, a third and a player would be correct value in my opinion. If you’re the Browns, Njoku and a third would be fair compensation. Njoku has been a bust up until this point and the odds of you landing a top 3 OT in the third round is nearly remote. 

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Lmao, your team offered a 1st last year.  Go troll somewhere else.

I don’t think I’m being a troll this is a legit situation. The browns are the most logical fit. Everyone knows that. We have the assets and more cash than everyone and a huge need. 

I just find it concerning you all are willing to lose value on a DEPRECIATING asset for spite. It’s not like your going to get more value later he’s only getting older and teams will be more unsure of if he still has it the longer he sits out. 

Operating out of spite won’t get you guys far. You gotta understand what fair value is for him. Don’t let those Bill o Brien trades effect your thinking.