Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

6 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Trent’s agent called into Grant and Danny on 106.7...

Said contract has never been the issue. He has a deal with at least 1 team, but the Redskins ask changes from day to day.

Geesh...this seems like it’s never going to end. 

That seems odd because literally everyone else in the know has said Trents ask has been completely unreasonable and that’s holding up the deal. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

That seems odd because literally everyone else in the know has said Trents ask has been completely unreasonable and that’s holding up the deal. 

His agent comes off as well, an agent, he’ll flip it anyway possible - even lie - to get his point out there and to paint a rosey picture on him and Trent. His agent is doing this now bc he knows he has to. For almost a year, Trent & his agent both have totally destroyed his value in a trade and his value on a new contract. Everyone knows that, we’ll every but them I guess.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I don’t like Keim’s “guess” of a draft day trade of Trent very much. I legitimately can’t remember the last time a high-profile veteran player was traded during the draft. There’s too many moving parts to finalize a deal like that — especially one that involves all of Trent’s baggage — while the draft is underway. 

I think that if we make it to the draft and he’s still here, at that point we’re pivoting to looking for 2021 picks in return. Which I’m actually okay with, and think we should be considering anyway. Can’t get a team to bite on a 2020 2nd? How about a 2021 2nd plus a conditional 3rd in 2022 or something? We’re clearly not concerned with winning now — maybe we can capitalize on that and give some team the chance to maximize 2020 potential in return for more assets down the road. 

Josh Rosen trade to Miami comes to mind as recent Draft Day Trade. I'm hoping we trade him during the draft for a 2nd round pick. If Trent and his Agent actually had a deal with another team that Team must not be willing to let go of their 2nd round pick for Williams. I have no problem with Rivera standing firm on his demand for Williams.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Josh Rosen trade to Miami comes to mind as recent Draft Day Trade. I'm hoping we trade him during the draft for a 2nd round pick. If Trent and his Agent actually had a deal with another team that Team must not be willing to let go of their 2nd round pick for Williams. I have no problem with Rivera standing firm on his demand for Williams.  

Exactly I would never get rid of a valuable asset for the sake of just letting them go unless his character is just so bad there’s no other team willing to pick them up

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Exactly I would never get rid of a valuable asset for the sake of just letting them go unless his character is just so bad there’s no other team willing to pick them up

And nothing about Trent Character says he would show up on the last year of his contract and be a distraction. I see him still being a proffesional and coming into work if still a Redskin once the season starts. He has no leverage if not traded other than to retire. He has no leverage in trade demands BECAUSE No Team is reportedly willling to pay him the money he wants. Yet I'm sure he doesn't want lose out on Millions 2 years in a row but if so he can by retiring. Other than that If I'm Rivera I look forward to seeing Trent at the start of Mandatory operations. 

Edited by Skins212689

18 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

And nothing about Trent Character says he would show up on the last year of his contract and be a distraction. I see him still being a proffesional and coming into work if still a Redskin once the season starts. He has no leverage if not traded other than to retire. He has no leverage in trade demands BECAUSE No Team is reportedly willling to pay him the money he wants. Yet I'm sure he doesn't want lose out on Millions 2 years in a row but if so he can by retiring. Other than that If I'm Rivera I look forward to seeing Trent at the start of Mandatory operations. 

So, we're just going to ignore that Trent sat out last year and Az trading a 2nd year QB in Rosen who was on his rookie deal doesn't equate to trying to trade a multi-time pro bowl player in his 30s who is seeking to make $20 million on a new deal.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, we're just going to ignore that Trent sat out last year and Az trading a 2nd year QB in Rosen who was on his rookie deal doesn't equate to trying to trade a multi-time pro bowl player in his 30s who is seeking to make $20 million on a new deal.

And your gonna ignore where I said No Team is Willing to Pay William's the money he wants. That's where the Redskins hold all the leverage! Trent can't say he wants out because he feels under paid but yet no team is willing to offer him the money he wants. Tell me the Team that has agreed to pay him 20 million a year! 

Edited by Skins212689

25 minutes ago, offbyone said:

How much longer can this go on before Trent Williams fires his agent?   

I would hope not long, but I think Taylor is truly doing what Trent wants him to. Trent wants to be the highest paid OT in the NFL and he wants traded at the same time, that's making it difficult for the Redskins to trade him. We all know that.

Edited by turtle28

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I would hope not long, but I think Taylor is truly doing what Trent wants him to. Trent wants to be the highest and OT in the NFL and he wants traded at the same time, that's making it difficult for the Redskins to trade him. We all know that.

Tell me the Team that's willing to make him the highest paid LT PLEASE.

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Once again, I don't think you understood the point of my post. Try again.

Just answer the question. Sometimes theres no need to understand Your post. Lets get to #FACTS Tell me the Team willing to trade for Trent and pay him 20 MILLION a year. None that's why he still is a Redskin and should be until we get offered fair vaule for him! 

Edited by Skins212689

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Just answer the question. Sometimes theres no need to understand Your post. Lets get to #FACTS Tell me the Team willing to trade for Trent and pay him 20 MILLION a year. None that's why he still is a Redskin and should be until we get offered fair vaule for him! 

FWIW, Trent’s agent said that the $20M report was false. That is not the number he is looking for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

FWIW, Trent’s agent said that the $20M report was false. That is not the number he is looking for. 

Ok so Agent show me the team willing to trade for Trent and the offer they offered.

We know what Bruce Alllen turned down last year but we don't know what Rivera and his staff has turned down!

If it's not a 2nd round pick or more I'll take the 3rd round compensation pick I get in return once he's signed elsewhere after his contract is up here.