Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

41 minutes ago, offbyone said:

So now that we have made it a ways into free agency, where do you guys think the legitimate potential landing spots for Trent Williams are?

I would say Chargers, but for what qb?  

My best guess would be Justin Herbert.

Now if I’m them, I do a Trent deal (2nd rounder), go sign Cam or Jameis, and then draft Jerry Jeudy. Give that QB a shot to compete with that rebuilt OL anchored by Trent and Bulaga, as well as a receiving corps featuring Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry, and Jerry Jeudy. 

Their defense has the pieces to be competitive now, with Bosa and Ingram and James and Hayward. With an offense that can put up big points, I think they could be competitive. The fall of the Pats means it’s time for teams to cash in and try to get in the mix right now, in my view. 

But I think they’re looking to draft a QB, and my money is still on Herbert being QB3 in this draft. 

• Like 2

Chargers and Bucs are the front-runners for Trent right now IMO. Though I could see either one of those teams signing Jason Peters and using the draft pick they would have otherwise used on acquiring Trent to draft an OT and develop him behind Peters. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Chargers and Bucs are the front-runners for Trent right now IMO. Though I could see either one of those teams signing Jason Peters and using the draft pick they would have otherwise used on acquiring Trent to draft an OT and develop him behind Peters. 

This is why us getting a 2nd is almost a pipe dream now,once Peters signs to one of the teams,we'll have nothing for the other team to bid against.Almost going to have to wait til camp and hope for a LT injury with lack of otas.If we want value.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

This is why us getting a 2nd is almost a pipe dream now,once Peters signs to one of the teams,we'll have nothing for the other team to bid against.Almost going to have to wait til camp and hope for a LT injury with lack of otas.If we want value.

Then shouldn’t we just sign Peters and eliminate the alternatives for them? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

Just now, e16bball said:

Then shouldn’t we just sign Peters and eliminate the alternatives for them? 🤷🏻‍♂️

We should,but don't think he'll sign here front office doesn't seem to want to over spend this off season and a end of career Vet isn't going to pick us unless he has ties to Rivera at market value.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

My best guess would be Justin Herbert.

Now if I’m them, I do a Trent deal (2nd rounder), go sign Cam or Jameis, and then draft Jerry Jeudy. Give that QB a shot to compete with that rebuilt OL anchored by Trent and Bulaga, as well as a receiving corps featuring Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry, and Jerry Jeudy. 

Their defense has the pieces to be competitive now, with Bosa and Ingram and James and Hayward. With an offense that can put up big points, I think they could be competitive. The fall of the Pats means it’s time for teams to cash in and try to get in the mix right now, in my view. 

But I think they’re looking to draft a QB, and my money is still on Herbert being QB3 in this draft. 

I have a huge feeling their moving up for Tua. Because I feel like Detroit is comfortable with Okudah being around at that spot. Okudah is that dude if there’s no chase young in this class. I have Simmons graded higher but I think he’s the next big thing. Okudah has my highest CB grade since Pat P he’s going to be a stud and I think Detroit is in a huge spot where they can get their guy and extra picks. We done really get that option with Trent.

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

The Vikings are wanting to trade Anthony Harris for an Offensive Lineman.

There are rumors out there on a Trent Williams for VIkings S Anthony Harris trade?

But, don't hold your breath. We can only hope something happens with Trent.

https://twitter.com/SCF_Network

This has been my dream scenario! But I don’t think they meet trents contract demands. But nobody is so maybe we actually get the player I want here for Trent. I think that’s the best player we could get from a OT needy team going into this offseason

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

This has been my dream scenario! But I don’t think they meet trents contract demands. But nobody is so maybe we actually get the player I want here for Trent. I think that’s the best player we could get from a OT needy team going into this offseason

I like Harris but hes gonna require a large contract, hes 28 years old and we already have a quite a bit of money shelled out to Collins at SS, but on another note he played high school ball at L.C Bird in Chesterfiled VA not too far from where I live

• Like 1

Just now, LoganF89 said:

I like Harris but hes gonna require a large contract, hes 28 years old and we already have a quite a bit of money shelled out to Collins at SS, but on another note he played high school ball at L.C Bird in Chesterfiled VA not too far from where I live

He’s a beast and I think it’s okay to pay both Saftey’s with the youth and value of our defense up front on rookie deals. If you have great saftey play and a deep rotation in the front 7 you don’t need special CB’s

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

He’s a beast and I think it’s okay to pay both Saftey’s with the youth and value of our defense up front on rookie deals. If you have great saftey play and a deep rotation in the front 7 you don’t need special CB’s

I think every team needs that 1 CB you can match up on another teams #1 receiver. no matter how good the the front and safetys are. I mean if you look at some of the top defenses like the 49ers and Pats they had Sherman and Gilmore plying at high levels. 

Edited by LoganF89

6 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The Bucs need to be thinking how they can keep Brady upright to make out on the deal they just gave him. Getting his career ended mid-year is not a good idea. 

15 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

The Vikings are wanting to trade Anthony Harris for an Offensive Lineman.

There are rumors out there on a Trent Williams for VIkings S Anthony Harris trade?

But, don't hold your breath. We can only hope something happens with Trent.

https://twitter.com/SCF_Network

This trade makes no sense for a team that’s not making efforts to improve their roster. A 29-year old safety shouldn’t be a target. 

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This trade makes no sense for a team that’s not making efforts to improve their roster. A 29-year old safety shouldn’t be a target. 

Pretty good saftey!!! He allows Smith freedom to do a lot. He’d allow Collins to do his thing and he can tackle

• Like 1