JAX to apply franchise tag to EDGE Yannick Ngakoue

Broncofan

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Ravens and Jaguars do a "tag and trade" swap of Judon and Ngakoue. That would be something.

Apparently the Jags are heavily interested in Hurst. So 🤷🏼‍♀️

1 hour ago, pwny said:

I’m here to collect apologies from everyone who said I was just being bitter for saying I had heard from sources inside the building that he didn’t want to be a Jaguar, and all the way back in September when I said this was the problem.

Also - his #1 preference is to play for the Giants.

I wonder where @.Buzz is?

40 minutes ago, Danger said:

I wonder where @.Buzz is?

It's well documented he was pissed off and he's a super prideful guy. I never disputed that or that he wanted out.

However, I did think if we offered him what he wanted on the market he'd stick around. I was definitely wrong about that (as it sounds like we have offered 22M /yr.

Edited by .Buzz

21 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It's well documented he was pissed off and he's a super prideful guy. I never disputed that or that he wanted out.

LOL sure. "Never"

And then these gems:

Finally, I'm arguing because your post acted as if players are flocking out when literally it's just been Jalen.

Why does Yan talk to us this off-season and try and hammer out a long term deal if he doesn't? He literally turned down a deal because it was a 3 yr and not a 5 yr deal. 

Both odd moves if they were "flocking to get out" if you ask me...

why would players inside the organization flock out if they fire the exact issue? I don't even see how you think that's going to happen either...Fournette who got that exact treatment from Tom just said yesterday he wants to be a Jaguar lifer, and Yan has said he wants to be here too but needs to get long term security.

As far as Yan, I'm pretty sure that was definitely stated by people when Yan and his camp were negotiating with us. We wouldn't go long term and he wanted more long term security. We offered him right around the $20M he was seeking but wanted more long term security and felt he was worth what Lawrence and co. got.

Had they got their wish on $$, all would likely be here regardless of Tom.

You repeatedly said no one but Jalen wanted out, and repeatedly argued that Yan's only concern was that he wanted a long term deal. But sure, you never disputed that Yan wanted out.

And then this was what you claimed I was doing when I was telling you what was happening inside the organization:

posting books about it and firing at literally anyone that disagrees with your take.

• Like 3

Won't let me quote you, but:

Isn't that what I just said? I thought that if we offered him what he wants he would stay. I was wrong.

I never said Yan wasn't pissed off at the organization. He was, deservedly so. He had to play for $2M and Coughlin halted negotiations prior to even allowing them to occur.

I was saying had we offered a long term deal back in July he would still be here. Obviously the firing of Coughlin didn't change his thought process (which I thought it would) and the way Yan is personality wise he still has taken it personally and wants out.

Point still stands. No one can disagree with a take of yours without getting their head ripped off...as we continue to see today.

Edited by .Buzz

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Won't let me quote you, but:

Isn't that what I just said? I thought that if we offered him what he wants he would stay. I was wrong.

I never said Yan wasn't pissed off at the organization. He was, deservedly so. He had to play for $2M and Coughlin halted negotiations prior to even allowing them to occur.

You just said you never disputed that he wanted out. 

I posted multiple quotes where you stated 1. literally no one but Jalen wanted out, 1a. that the only reason you were arguing is that I suggested anyone other than Jalen wanted out, 2. that you "didn't even see how could think" that Yan would want to leave, 3. that you would be shocked if he didn't get a new deal with the team, 4. that the only concern is money, 5. that he bothered to negotiate at all was proof he wanted to remain a Jaguar.

That's a lot of arguing against the idea that someone wanted to leave for someone who "never disputed" he wanted to leave.

• Like 1

Still not allowing me to quote you:

Because he didn't. He loved it here and wanted to get something done to stay here back in July. Now, with all of the turmoil of Coughlin and ownership not overstepping Coughlin and the guys in the FO still being here who were under Coughlin, he wants out.

Again, i thought the firing would help mend the fences because Coughlin was the guy who got us here. But clearly he's holding the grudge (deservedly so) to everyone in the organization and has taken it personally and has drawn a line in the sand.

Jalen never was going to stay in JAX long term. The guy wanted a big market and the fame. As I've said, he's Deion 2.0 and likely will play for a few more organizations in my opinion before he's done.The guy went on podcasts and literally talked about other organizations he'd like to play for last summer.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The Jags offered Ngakoue 22 and he didn't take it? Goddamn that's rough.

Aaron Donald gets 22.5. Ngakoue deserves to reset the market so that Joey Bosa can smash that. All part of the game. 

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

But clearly he's holding the grudge (deservedly so) to everyone in the organization and has taken it personally and has drawn a line in the sand.

It’s almost like exactly what I had been saying since September is exactly what happened. Weird. 

I do—however—find it a little odd that you’re saying the grudge against the organization post-Coughlin is deserved, but when I said this was happening 3 months ago, you told me that you couldn’t even understand how anyone would view that as possible. Odd.

• Like 1

Just now, pwny said:

It’s almost like exactly what I had been saying since September is exactly what happened. Weird. 

I do—however—find it a little odd that you’re saying the grudge against the organization post-Coughlin is deserved, but when I said this was happening 3 months ago, you told me that you couldn’t even understand how anyone would view that as possible. Odd.

Because I figured had we offered him what he thinks he's worth it would be mended. Money usually does. We see that with Trent Williams who is now potentially open to returning to WAS if he gets a new contract.

But it didn't.