Bernstien: Fox will be fired

WindyCity

I'd love it if he would be available, and with Pace being young he might be able to keep up with Harbaugh's slightly overbearing (closest I can think of to the correct word) personality.

But he is being paid a king's income and has complete control of the program at Michigan. Pace will still want the final say, so what would we provide that Michigan couldn't? Rumor says Chicago is his dream job, and losing in the Super Bowl HAS to eat at him being such a competitor. Maybe the pipe dream has a chance, but I wouldn't bet any money on it.

I honestly think now is the time to take a risk when it comes to a HC...let's pair a young innovative offensive mind with Trubisky and get some expereinced coaches around him much like LA have done with McVay and Wade Phillips...right now I would love to see us going after KC OC Matt Nagy...that offence would fit perfectly with the guys we have right now...no doubt he is a risk but it's a strong risk...bring Gary Gibbs with him as associate HC given he was an HC at Oklahoma for 6 years...DC in the SEC & NFL and has 40 years expereince in coaching...plus has done an amazing job with the OLBs in KC he could help Leonard Floyd...bring in Dallas OL coach Frank Pollack as OC to develop out OL even further and allow Nagy to focus on install and play calling...then steal from the Andy Reid tree again and get Todd Bowles after he is let go in NY...Bowles & Nagy served on the same coaching staff in Reid's last year in Philly and this would be a great landing spot to try and rebuild for another shot at a top job.

John Fox sucks as a head coach. He just ******* sucks.

Fire his ***, I honestly don't even care who we bring in because no matter who the GM/Head Coach is in this organization, the end result is ALWAYS the same.

This team will forever suck until ownership is run out of town -- look at the Cubs.

I tried giving Fox the benefit of the doubt his first couple of seasons on the job due to a poor and young roster but now my patience with him is  wearing pretty thin.

If he's smart and has any hopes of saving his job then he will bench Glennon immediately, because right now he is the #1 problem that is killing this team with all those turnovers.

Also, as much as the defense is playing well, you would think that a Fangio and Donatell led unit wouldn't be having the amount of breakdowns that they are having with the secondary.   Lots of confusion on who is supposed to be covering who/where and it led to a couple of easy TD's for the Packers last night, and also in the 1st game against Atlanta.

For an experienced coach like Fox in his 3rd year on the job this team is way too inconsistent and should be playing more consistent and disciplined football. 

24 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Is there a reason for Fox to be the coach of the Bears today?

Hard to make a good case for him to stay but when has this franchise ever fired a coach mid season?  It's never happened before and it never will.  That's not how they operate.

Astonishing stat.  In 16 seasons as a hc, john fox has had 6 winning seasons.  Of those 6, 3 were with arguably the greatest qb of all time.  This team fired Lovie Smith after a 10 win season, never finishing below 7-9 outside of his very first year as an hc.  And 4 playoff appearances in 8 years including 1 superbowl loss and an nfccg loss.  He also had 2 winning seasons that they didnt make the playoffs in.  If Trubisky doesnt start week 5, this team is going to go the trestman route

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Astonishing stat.  In 16 seasons as a hc, john fox has had 6 winning seasons.  Of those 6, 3 were with arguably the greatest qb of all time.  This team fired Lovie Smith after a 10 win season, never finishing below 7-9 outside of his very first year as an hc.  And 4 playoff appearances in 8 years including 1 superbowl loss and an nfccg loss.  He also had 2 winning seasons that they didnt make the playoffs in.  If Trubisky doesnt start week 5, this team is going to go the trestman route

Not to mention that Fox is close to having the worst winning percentage in bears history.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/john-fox-bears-worst-coach-history/

I felt bad for Fox because this team's roster was old and bad when he took over -- years and years of terrible drafting will do that to a franchise.

Now that we are acquiring some talent, I am realizing he simply is a terrible head coach. Undisciplined players, horrible QB play, defensive busts, special teams gaffes, and unless Pace forbid him from playing Trubisky, why on Earth hasn't the kid gotten some snaps in garbage time? (for the record, I find it very hard to believe Pace put the kibosh on him because the kid is one injured Mike Glennon away from playing).

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Lovies teams always beat the teams they were supposed to beat, much better coached. Id like to see Fox canned and Fangio promoted to interim. Im a huge fan of this defense. Pack hung 35 on us but that was mostly on Glennon. Defense played fine considering what Rodgers has done to us in the past. 

Archived