2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

There would have to be moves made. But there’s others we can still cut to save a few mill. Guys like Bellamy, I believe are still on our roster. Or take a poor return draft pick wise to dump a contract like Henry Anderson via trade.

Ah i always forget we paid Anderson and of course he was never available last year. I wouldnt mind the poor return pick in this draft to shake things up. I do like the JD is giving himself outs if things dont pan out with players this year. Next years FA class (at least today) looks promising.

51 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

I really want this to happen because even if we just sign him to a one year deal, he has to really show out to get the money he really wanted. Then we can resign him, tag and trade, or let him walk if he doesn't perform. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I really want this to happen because even if we just sign him to a one year deal, he has to really show out to get the money he really wanted. Then we can resign him, tag and trade, or let him walk if he doesn't perform. 

Can we tag a player we didnt draft? 

4 hours ago, NJC33 said:

It's only flawed logic if you don't apply context: 

Signing Clowney would trigger addition transactions (Winters//Williamson, etc.) and/or prevent us from adding more depth - It's not like it would automatically result in us forfeiting significant cap space that we could roll over to next season. I get where you're coming from with the Bell comparison, but it's a lot more complicated than that. For starters, it's a lot different when you're throwing gobs of money at an actual position of significant value compared to a running back. It's also why I said I'd offer him a short term deal, ideally with an out after the first year so we'd be protected financially. 

Also, contrary to the popular opinion on here, I do think we're in a position to win now. As far as I'm concerned the division is wide open without Brady and we'd be foolish to not have some sense of urgency. That doesn't mean we're in a position to mortgage the future and go all in, but signing Clowney to a short term deal doesn't do that. Brady finally leaves and people are ready to concede defeat to Josh Allen, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brian Hoyer?? Lol.

I agree with the 2nd part.  This division is wide open especially with the best QB.  Our defense was 3rd in the NFL last year in TD scored after kickoffs.  That tells me that if we can just field a competent offense teams are going to struggle to score on us.  That is with horrid CB play for most of the season, Mosley and Williamson out, and quinnen never getting on track.  With better CB play this year, a healthy LB core and quinnen in year 2 we are primed to have another top 10 defense and maybe top 5 with an addition like Yannick or Clowney.

The problem is the offense.  Herndon back will help and we can't possibly be worse on the OL than last year if we can just add a stable OT in round one and another weapon or two we should be right there with BUF for the division.  We went toe to toe week 1.  With both teams mostly healthy.

This team is a few pieces away from being solid and one of them is pass rusher.  Jenkins is a perfect number 2 guy just need another one opposite him.

I don't want to punt another season in hopes 2021 is our year.  No reason to over spend but a 1 year deal for 15-17M why not.  

Bell, enunwa, Anderson, Williamson, Winters, Lewis and all these 1 year deals.  Our cap is in great shape moving forward and we could easily have over 100M next offseason.

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

With our interior line he could shine.  If he's looking for a big season to get a long term deal why not on a good defense with a strong front 7.  We are a great fit to be honest.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

With our interior line he could shine.  If he's looking for a big season to get a long term deal why not on a good defense with a strong front 7.  We are a great fit to be honest.  

I mean... he played with JJ Watt... our interior line isn't helping him more than Watt

Apple just got the market again.  I'd give him a the same raiders contract 1 year 6m.  Good competition for Austin.

Over the cap has us at 32M anyone know if that is accurate?  Looks like the have most of the signings up already too.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Apple just got the market again.  I'd give him a the same raiders contract 1 year 6m.  Good competition for Austin.

Over the cap has us at 32M anyone know if that is accurate?  Looks like the have most of the signings up already too.  

They’re missing some like Desir, Perriman, McGovern

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Also he is the first person Jamal mentioned when asked who he would like the Jets to bring in. 

4 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Can we tag a player we didnt draft? 

Won't even matter. I'm fine with signing Clowney for a year as our splash signing, but nothing longer than that. If that happens, it's likely his contract will have a "no tag" clause because the way his price is moving he's going to want bet on himself this year in hopes of getting a multi-year deal at $20M per year.

• Like 1