2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This happened mid season at trade deadline when he was already captain. Not saying that he wouldn’t be a captain regardless (bc I think he would). But that point isn’t valid. And I wasn’t comparing him to AB. I actually said “not saying that’s Adams” right after I said AB. That was just me pointing out that being good on the field isn’t enough. Narcissism can ruin a career. Just as a drug issue can, etc.

Fact is he’s still on this strictly bc it’s Dallas who was interested. Deep down he would love to be a Cowboy. He was burned and raised right here in Dallas. If any other team was interested I think he would careless and had already moved on. But bc it’s his “childhood” team that called... he’s hanging onto it. As @KingOfTheDot mentioned... if you know that he’s from Dallas and he’s still harping in this. It makes you wonder if he actually wants to be a Jet.

Correct.  Bottom line is that Jamal needs to start acting like a professional.  Look at the way Bell and even Robby handled the trade rumors.  Trades and trade rumors are part of all professional sports.  GMs have to listen as if they don't they would not be doing their jobs and their clubs justice, just like JD said.  The Jets have been clear they are not looking to trade him, they want to make him a Jet for life and have opened negotiations early.  Jamal needs to stop engaging in this nonsense.  It makes you question his desire to be a Jet for life, should make the Jets think twice and if he keeps it up will hurt his leadership in the locker room as his teammates may question his desire to be a Jet.  

Strange cat he is.  Hope his dad can coach him up on being a pro as I would like to see him be a Jet for life. 

1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

He never said anything bad or ever referenced the Jets

This is where perception and reality meet. Adams has taken shots at the organization both publicly and via tweets that clearly get fans and media stirred up. 

Adams is a team player on the field but he’s a ME first guy off the field, can we agree on that?

• Like 1

Also Adams wants to win and his attitude will go a long way in helping that. He single handedly lost the defense the Jacksonville game if you all remember. 3 touchdowns all results of him. 

1. Beat on a post

2. Missed sack/tackle led to a big play TD

3. Fell asleep on a roll out and they sealed the win. 

• Like 1

Reality is Adams can go anywhere and get paid. The Jets are not a winning organization nor do they have any FO stability or a history of being loyal to players. Adams holds all the leverage.

We as fans might want to believe a player loves the Jets as much as we do, but if you take off the rose-colored glasses you will see that the Jets are a pretty crappy employer. Either we pay him way more than anyone else would (including Dallas) and build a better relationship or he's gone.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Reality is Adams can go anywhere and get paid. The Jets are not a winning organization nor do they have any FO stability or a history of being loyal to players. Adams holds all the leverage.

We as fans might want to believe a player loves the Jets as much as we do, but if you take off the rose-colored glasses you will see that the Jets are a pretty crappy employer. Either we pay him way more than anyone else would (including Dallas) and build a better relationship or he's gone.

Adams doesn’t hold any leverage. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, xenajets said:

#17, Zach Martin and a 2021 3rd rounder for Jamal Adams was a rumour I saw.

I wouldn’t trade Jamal but that sort of offer would be so enticing. 

THey gave Martin a $20 million signing bonus in 2018.  If they trade him, the remaining unamortized $12,000,000 would turn into dead cap for the Cowboys this year (with no June 1 spread out option) IIRC.  I don't believe the Cowboys could move Martin this year even if they wanted to.

9 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

This x10000000

The Jets are an awful employer and we'd be ignorant to think that employees, aka NFL players do not see this.

We've been preaching "building a culture" for 15+ years of me paying attention, but. its all mumble jumble 

The only thing that we can do is hope that Joe Douglas is finally the one, and while what happened last year with Enunwa, Osemele, etc already brings doubt,  signing Jamal long-term and actually keeping him is a start in the right direction

• Like 4

9 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

As much as this is painful to read, every word is true.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, xenajets said:

#17, Zach Martin and a 2021 3rd rounder for Jamal Adams was a rumour I saw.

I wouldn’t trade Jamal but that sort of offer would be so enticing. 

where'd you see this?  i love jamal - only jets jersey i own but thats an offer you'd have to take.

1 minute ago, Heymangold said:

where'd you see this?  i love jamal - only jets jersey i own but thats an offer you'd have to take.

whoever initiated the rumor has no clue about how the cap works.  Unless I have the contract facts wrong , Dallas takes a $12 million 2020 dead cap hit if they trade Martin.  (Remaining 3 years of the amortized $20 million bonus).  

34 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

I wouldnt. I'd consider Martin and a 2020 1st for Adam's but that's about it. 

Maybe I'm a homer, and I LOVED martin as a prospect when he came out... but I dont think swapping Adam's for Martin improved this team, nor improves them moving forward. 

**check that. Didnt realize #17 was being offered too.** in that case  yes, youd def have to take that deal.... I dont think that offer was ever made though as its ridiculously overpriced for Adam's. 

Edited by KodiakThunder