2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

Looks like today might be the day the Skins finally move Trent Williams. If not he’s probably moved during the draft tomorrow.

Id possibly look into him if we go WR R1 and he’s still available, seeing as this year is absolutely critical for Darnold to produce, but I think he wants too much money. Some team will pay him too much or offer too much draft capital. And let hope that team is Cleveland or someone drafting in front of us

Edited by GangGreen420

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Looks like today might be the day the Skins finally move Trent Williams. If not he’s probably moved during the draft tomorrow.

Id possibly look into him if we go WR R1 and he’s still available, seeing as this year is absolutely critical for Darnold to produce, but I think he wants too much money. Some team will pay him too much or offer too much draft capital. And let hope that team is Cleveland or someone drafting in front of us

I think there's no way he gets moved today. Shows teams cards to much in the draft. Being CLE and Us (haven't heard us in on him for a few weeks though) are the main teams I believe with interest. 

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think there's no way he gets moved today. Shows teams cards to much in the draft. Being CLE and Us (haven't heard us in on him for a few weeks though) are the main teams I believe with interest. 

The Bucs were “rumored” to almost trade for him a few weeks ago. Who knows who’s actually interested. The only way I see the Jets being interested is if they miss out the OT they like at 11 and 48. Doesn’t seem like a move JD would make 

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

The Bucs were “rumored” to almost trade for him a few weeks ago. Who knows who’s actually interested. The only way I see the Jets being interested is if they miss out the OT they like at 11 and 48. Doesn’t seem like a move JD would make 

I think he might get traded during the draft. But not today or even tomorrow before any of the top teams pick. CLE doesn't want to trade for him and show they're "more than likely" not going OT at 11. GMs just typically don't do that. I think he does get traded just not in the next 26hrs or so.

On the topic of trading for Trent Williams, does anyone know what the deal is with draft day player trades? Do they waive the requirement for a physical? What if the player fails the physical after the trade? The would-be trader can't exactly get their pick back.

Would the Skins maybe have a non-team doctor perform a physical on Williams now, so that he's "trade ready"?

36 minutes ago, TheChad said:

On the topic of trading for Trent Williams, does anyone know what the deal is with draft day player trades? Do they waive the requirement for a physical? What if the player fails the physical after the trade? The would-be trader can't exactly get their pick back.

Would the Skins maybe have a non-team doctor perform a physical on Williams now, so that he's "trade ready"?

I would assume interested teams would of already made sure the physicals were passed. I’d find it hard to imagine any uninterested party would just decide on draft weekend to start dealing for players. 

As a matter of interest what do you think we could fetch for the likes of a Williamson, Winters  or Bell? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I would assume interested teams would of already made sure the physicals were passed. I’d find it hard to imagine any uninterested party would just decide on draft weekend to start dealing for players. 

As a matter of interest what do you think we could fetch for the likes of a Williamson, Winters  or Bell? 

I don't think we trade Bell. Winters holds nearly no value and we need depth. Williamson I think has some trade value. maybe around a 4th rounder value wise. Hm coming off injury hurts that. If he played last year and played similar to his 2018 season he's be worth a lot more. But that's not the case.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't think we trade Bell. Winters holds nearly no value and we need depth. Williamson I think has some trade value. maybe around a 4th rounder value wise. Hm coming off injury hurts that. If he played last year and played similar to his 2018 season he's be worth a lot more. But that's not the case.

Oh I really don’t want to trade Bell I’m just wondering what he may be worth. I would love to move Avery for a 4th. Solid player but we have a abundance of talent at ILB so I’d be cool with moving him on for a potential Lynn Bowden or someone like that in the draft. 

Winters has to be worth a box of biscuits or something surely?!?!?!  

46 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Oh I really don’t want to trade Bell I’m just wondering what he may be worth. I would love to move Avery for a 4th. Solid player but we have a abundance of talent at ILB so I’d be cool with moving him on for a potential Lynn Bowden or someone like that in the draft. 

Winters has to be worth a box of biscuits or something surely?!?!?!  

LB class is loaded with mid round value.  

Antwaan Randle El and Randall Cobb went in 2nd.  Obviously, I would expect Bowden to be taken in 2nd.

League source confirms, as @JosinaAnderson said, that things are “trending in the right direction” regarding a Trent Williams trade.

However it doesn’t appear that’s with the #Jets. Source said they’re “not the frontrunner” at this point, although they’ve made a call.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheChad said:

I would think it's buyer beware.  You can't have traded picks for players on draft day (unless it's future picks)  be conditional on anything. Even before the pandemic that was the case.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dcat said:

I would think it's buyer beware.  You can't have traded picks for players on draft day (unless it's future picks)  be conditional on anything. Even before the pandemic that was the case.

Yeah... without physical exam, trading for current draft picks won't work. 

Rumour is all 4 OT’s will be gone by 11 so we are potentially looking at trading up for one. 

I really hope this isn’t the case and we stay at 11 and just draft one of the receivers if all OT’s are gone. 

Also if say it cost us #68 to move up a few spots to get one of the OT’s would you rather do....

#11 & #68 for say pick 8/9 and draft Becton/Wills/Wirfs/Thomas 

Or stay put and draft Lamb/Ruggs/Jeudy and then use #68 for Trent Williams. 

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Rumour is all 4 OT’s will be gone by 11 so we are potentially looking at trading up for one. 

I really hope this isn’t the case and we stay at 11 and just draft one of the receivers if all OT’s are gone. 

Also if say it cost us #68 to move up a few spots to get one of the OT’s would you rather do....

#11 & #68 for say pick 8/9 and draft Becton/Wills/Wirfs/Thomas 

Or stay put and draft Lamb/Ruggs/Jeudy and then use #68 for Trent Williams. 

I don't think so.  JD isn't under pressure to land a certain prospect.

• Like 1