2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

15 hours ago, dcat said:

If only we could draft another 3rd talent like Polite!  Where oh where is Maccagnan when you need him?

I remember we wanted to try and trade back into the 2nd to take Sean Murphy-Bunting, would've been one of Macc's best picks, but alas he didn't wanna trade back from 3 or up from our 3rd

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Honestly, he looked cooked 2 years ago and have pretty good TE. A 4th sounds right 

he might be healthy for once though 

He's very skinny now, or at least he was around New years.  What a colossal blunder. Can we please have OJ Howard?  He's in his 4th year.  When do they make their 5th year option choices?

10 minutes ago, dcat said:

He's very skinny now, or at least he was around New years.  What a colossal blunder. Can we please have OJ Howard?  He's in his 4th year.  When do they make their 5th year option choices?

OJ and Herndon?  Yes please.  I love those 2 TE sets.

• Like 1

Considering how Darnold seems to love throwing to TEs, OJ Howard would be a smart move. But I doubt it happens. Hopefully Herndon and Griffin stay healthy.  Darnold made Griffin look better than he actually is. 

Edited by NYJets4716

14 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

I'm getting a feeling we take Danztler in the 2nd. I bet GW loves him. 

I love Dantzler but I think he could be there in the 3rd. Ridiculous talent of CB’s in rounds 2-4. Would much rather go WR/OT in rounds 1&2 and then CB/Edge with our 3rds. More than happy to double dip with one of those 3rds for another WR also. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I still say you go OT first with Wirf, Thomas or Wills. If one of those 3 is not there then you go Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs in that order. My number one guy is Thomas followed by Wirf. Then it is close between Jeudy, Lamb and Wills. 

This is what I think JD does if I had to bet. I think since he values OL. he might have Lamb ranked higher than some of those 3 OTs, but has the need for OT higher than that of WR. So he goes against his BPA board and goes OT still. But if all 3 are gone. I think he looks at a trade back or drafts one of the 3 WRs.

At the end of the day I'm happy with picking any of the 3 OTs and 3 WRs at 11. Becton or any defensive player (not named Chase Young), I'm not happy with. 

6 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Considering how Darnold seems to love throwing to TEs, OJ Howard would be a smart move. But I doubt it happens. Hopefully Herndon and Griffin stay healthy.  Darnold made Griffin look better than he actually is. 

He throws to TE's because we have little else and he is constantly under duress which means short, quick passes to a large target.  Give him time and an NFL WR corp and those passes to TE will diminish a bit.

6 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Don't think we trade for him with Herndon and Griffin here.

But just brings back memories that some on here wanted us to draft OJ Howard thinking he could give #1 WR production (I was not one of those people).