1. 1. Who Trades up for Tua?

• Miami
    • LA Chargers
    • Carolina
    • LV Raiders
    • Indy
    • Other

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Maybe.  I haven’t really watched him play much.  But a lot of stats lack context.  The point of his WRs being really good is valid.  Tua played for most talented team.  That is context.    

That means 1) have real confidence his guy would win any 50/50 battle.  2) Presumably his guys were usually more open.  3) Was seldom playing with fear or nervousness of losing the game. 4) Had a running game.  5) Had protection.  6) Could rely on his defense. 7) Was seldom criticized.  

Think all that will be true nearly as often in NFL?  

Not saying he isn’t good.  But playing on a stacked team can inflate the way a QB looks.  

Injury concern is real as well.   

Most talented offense I would agree. Most talented team? No. LSU and Clemson have more talent. 

33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Their rankings and grades are utterly useless and completely subjective. Also there made up stats like “Big Time Throws” and “Negative Graded Throws” are purely subjective. 

Some of there stats are factual based such as Pressures and Throwing into Tight Windows. 

It’s not one size fits all. 

Couldn’t agree more with bold.  

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

Most talented offense I would agree. Most talented team? No. LSU and Clemson have more talent. 

I don’t know.  I no longer watch college football.  But I am quite certain they are  more talented than vast majority of teams they play and others are arguable.  

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Got it .... it's one size (useless) if you need it to fuel your Carr diatribes. But another size (useful) if you need it to justify another prospect in this case Tua?

Good way to completely ignore what I just said. You are literally impossible and a non-stop flame artist. (this guy is a troll from the Raider forum)

Pressures and Tight Windows - Factual Stats

Rankings, Grades, PFF Made Up Stats like Big Time Throws, Negative Throws, etc - Subjective Garbage. 

Do I need to spell out any more for you BP, or are you gonna repeat the same thing again because you can’t debate properly and get your facts in order properly? 

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Good way to completely ignore what I just said. You are literally impossible and a non-stop flame artist. (this guy is a troll from the Raider forum)

Pressures and Tight Windows - Factual Stats

Rankings, Grades, PFF Made Up Stats like Big Time Throws, Negative Throws, etc - Subjective Garbage. 

Do I need to spell out any more for you BP, or are you gonna repeat the same thing again because you can’t debate properly and get your facts in order properly? 

I'd like you to spell out useless then. If you are going to attack someone for questioning you on an internet forum, you should be able to explain your reasoning for saying PFF was "useless" then and then change your tune to say they are useful for things you want to use in an argument? 

This is another quote by you in the same article.

On 3/1/2020 at 3:16 PM, Forge said:

My favorite description of pff was from @y2lamanaki. He said pff was like the Wikipedia of football evaluation.

It can be helpful, no doubt, but not everything is legit

They use zero substance what so ever. No competition factor being one flaw. Like Dak was apparently a Top 3 QB yet they don’t factor in he had one of the easiest NFL pass defenses in NFL History. It was just laughably easy. They also hype up small-school prospects in the draft with their stats and don’t look at competition they faced. When it comes to smaller school guys, their info is useless. Honestly, all their information is useless. Because they use zero substance. Some of basic stats are nice but their grades and rankings are a complete and utter 100% joke. "

In that same topic you both used PFF as an argument for what you were saying and then said they were trash when someone else brought it up and now you are using them for your argument again by saying....well some stuff is good. You just said "all" of their information is useless! You really can't have it both ways man. It's kind of ridiculous. 

Edited by seriously27
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

I'd like you to spell out useless then. If you are going to attack someone for questioning you on an internet forum, you should be able to explain your reasoning for saying PFF was "useless" then and then change your tune to say they are useful for things you want to use in an argument? 

This is another quote by you in the same article.

On 3/1/2020 at 3:16 PM, Forge said:

My favorite description of pff was from @y2lamanaki. He said pff was like the Wikipedia of football evaluation.

It can be helpful, no doubt, but not everything is legit

They use zero substance what so ever. No competition factor being one flaw. Like Dak was apparently a Top 3 QB yet they don’t factor in he had one of the easiest NFL pass defenses in NFL History. It was just laughably easy. They also hype up small-school prospects in the draft with their stats and don’t look at competition they faced. When it comes to smaller school guys, their info is useless. Honestly, all their information is useless. Because they use zero substance. Some of basic stats are nice but their grades and rankings are a complete and utter 100% joke. "

In that same topic you both used PFF as an argument for what you were saying and then said they were trash when someone else brought it up and now you are using them for your argument again by saying....well some stuff is good. You just said "all" of their information is useless! You really can't have it both ways man. It's kind of ridiculous. 

Once again, ignoring what I just said. Their factual stats are useful. This is not anything they do that’s actually opinion based. 

Their subjective stats, rankings, and grades, are indeed, all useless. 

I even said in that quote that there basic factual stats are useful. So how is it ridiculous?

However, it’s quite well known that PFF is mostly a subjective website and I find their subjective opinions are not good. 

Edited by BayRaider

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Once again, ignoring what I just said. Their factual stats stats are useful. This is not anything they do that’s actually opinion based. 

Their subjective stats, rankings, and grades, are indeed, all useless. 

I even said in that quote that there basic stats are useful.

However, it’s quite well known that PFF is mostly a subjective website and I find their subjective opinions are not good. 

You said they don't watch football games and just go by box scores....so how do people who don't watch football games at all get "facts" about tight window throws? You can't get that from a boxscore BayRaider? So which is it? You seem to be backing off a lot from saying they don't watch games and their stats are useless because they favor you in this topic...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

You said they don't watch football games and just go by box scores....so how do people who don't watch football games at all get "facts" about tight window throws? You can't get that from a boxscore BayRaider? So which is it? You seem to be backing off a lot from saying they don't watch games and their stats are useless because they favor you in this topic...

So now we are going off topic entirely from the original point and you sound highly defensive over PFF.

And they don’t watch football games. They outsource it to India who put a check or minus on everything that they tell them to look for. Have heard this from multiple interns. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So now we are going off topic entirely from the original point and you sound highly defensive over PFF.

And they don’t watch football games. They outsource it to India who put a check or minus on everything that they tell them to look for. Have heard this from multiple interns. 

This isn't about PFF, it's trying to get you to make a stand one way or the other about whether PFF is good or not when you have "clearly" tried to use it for your arguments and then blatantly said it was "useless" when someone else was using it against your argument. That's you being hypocritical in the worst way on an opinion based forum. 

But now its "things you've heard from interns about guys in India watching games." Ok....I think I'm done here then with that statement. 

Edited by seriously27
  • Like 1