• Miami
    • LA Chargers
    • Carolina
    • LV Raiders
    • Indy
    • Other

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

giphy.gif

Explain to me the relevance of completion % under pressure? It’s the same reason why completion % is irrelevant for the most part.

- You can check down on 3rd and 7 on a blitz and pad this stat. 

- You can checkdown on any play and pad completion % (which is why Carr has 70%)

You can’t “pad” pressures and tight window throws. 

You’re really reaching here. Reply to the question I asked, not another “PFF all or not” type flame post. 

Edited by BayRaider

A guy I know says this East Indian intern who has three times been able to rid his computer of a virus (just give him your credit card number and free access to your PC) also watches a lot of Ameddican Fute-Boll on his computer when no one's answering his calls, and HE says that Tua not only can punch his fist through tight windows, but will really fight for his teammates! That's why they love him!

Thousands of call centres in India provide back-office services to European and US firms [Getty Images]

Getty Images

Edited by bzane

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Explain to me the relevance of completion % under pressure? It’s the same reason why completion % is irrelevant for the most part.

- You can check down on 3rd and 7 on a blitz and pad this stat. 

- You can checkdown on any play and pad completion % (which is why Carr has 70%)

You’re really reaching here. 

Maybe have that intern you fabricated explain it to you. Or call his contact in India who watches all the tape, your choice. 

You are simply manipulating the PFF to whatever narrative you see fit. Downplaying how Carr performs under pressure. While same not supporting the PFF case for his accuracy both deep and intermediate. 

Derek Carr's accuracy is certainly no problem, as he has shown that he's capable of consistently putting the ball where it needs to be. PFF began charting every quarterback pass back in 2016 through a process that is currently led by former NFL quarterback, Bruce Gradkowski. In the four years that we have done this, Carr has ranked among the top-10 quarterbacks in the percentage of “uncatchable passes” thrown when throwing 10 or more yards downfield in three of the four, with two of those seasons earning top-five marks.

So could it be when pressured, the accurate QB is accurate?

• Like 3

Just now, big_palooka said:

So could it be when pressured, the accurate QB is accurate?

We’ve been through this, and many hate the deep accuracy stat for QBs on PFF. Yes, it is paddable. Why? Because Carr will only throw it deep when a guy is basically wide open. Therefore, his deep ball accuracy, will automatically be good. We both know Carr doesn’t throw into tight windows. Carrs PFF deep accuracy stat has been debunked by several write ups on non-raider blogs, and it gets padded due to his only-wide-open mindset. 

So without the flame, and agenda, please tell me how deep ball accuracy can’t be manipulated in the way I just said? I’m honestly very curious and intrigued, our feud aside. I literally don’t see how it can’t be highly manipulated and how it matters at all. 

Pressures and Tight-Window Throws are the two stats I like because they can’t be manipulated. 

38 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No, but just like a QB checking down on 3rd and long is a “negative” play, so is throwing the ball to a covered receiver (even if the receiver makes the catch) or having poor pocket presence by running out of the pocket, allowing the defender to shed and pursue. All three of the stats in question are not inherently good or bad, so I don’t see why some should be excluded and some shouldn’t. And the pressures/tight window throws stats are also subjective.

• Like 6

I guess it doesn't make sense for the Redskins to draft Tua at #2 overall because they drafted Haskins.  To be fair, though - Haskins was the 15th overall pick and I really love Tua.  We just saw Arizona do something really similar and they invested a higher pick Josh Rosen than the Redskins did in Haskins.

Chase Young seems like a great prospect, but so is Tua and he's a QB.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 2:01 PM, showtime said:

I guess it doesn't make sense for the Redskins to draft Tua at #2 overall because they drafted Haskins.  To be fair, though - Haskins was the 15th overall pick and I really love Tua.  We just saw Arizona do something really similar and they invested a higher pick Josh Rosen than the Redskins did in Haskins.

Chase Young seems like a great prospect, but so is Tua and he's a QB.

There seems to be more people getting on the Skins taking Tua train. I would understand it. Initially I was thinking "no chance" but with more and more "experts" mocking Tua to the Skins I think maybe some info got out at the combine?

FWIW, I have a feeling he just falls into Miami's laps at 5. Carolina is in full re-build mode and it's probably counter-productive for them to take a QB at stage 1 of the re-build. Ballard is pretty conservative when it comes to the draft and generally prefers a trade-down. I can't see them throwing huge capital away to get him. The Chargers have a whole bunch of needs and probably have to take one of the tackles high. Then you're down to Tampa, where he's not really a fit for Arians. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

FWIW, I have a feeling he just falls into Miami's laps at 5. Carolina is in full re-build mode and it's probably counter-productive for them to take a QB at stage 1 of the re-build. Ballard is pretty conservative when it comes to the draft and generally prefers a trade-down. I can't see them throwing huge capital away to get him. The Chargers have a whole bunch of needs and probably have to take one of the tackles high. Then you're down to Tampa, where he's not really a fit for Arians. 

There is no chance LAC do not offer to trade up for Tua IMO. The do not attract ANY home fans. Tua is the biggest draw. They do not have a ton of needs. Miami will have to trade up if they want Tua IMHO.

On 2020-03-09 at 7:32 PM, BZski said:

Lions are not taking Tua. Stafford still has a good 5 years left. Matthew Berry from ESPN said his Lions source said there is "no chance" Lions will take Tua.

I agree. Patricia and Quinn have to get an immediate impact player. As you know they’re on a short leash.

7 hours ago, BZski said:

There seems to be more people getting on the Skins taking Tua train. I would understand it. Initially I was thinking "no chance" but with more and more "experts" mocking Tua to the Skins I think maybe some info got out at the combine?

Strategically, drafting Chase Young and giving Haskins another season is a much smarter move.  If Haskins implodes, the Redskins will have a shot at Lawrence, or at least Fields — neither of whom come with the medical red flags that Tua has.