1. 1. Who Trades up for Tua?

• Miami
    • LA Chargers
    • Carolina
    • LV Raiders
    • Indy
    • Other

Just now, seriously27 said:

This isn't about PFF, it's trying to get you to make a stand one way or the other about whether PFF is good or not when you have "clearly" tried to use it for your arguments and then blatantly said it was "useless" when someone else was using it against your argument. That's you being hypocritical in the worst way on an opinion based forum. 

But now its "thins you've heard from interns about guys in India watching games." Ok....I think I'm done here then with that statement. 

This is the last time I’m gonna repeat myself. If it goes over your head, cool. 

For PFFs subjective stats such as Big Time Throws and Negative Throws, rankings, grades, and all other subjective material, they are useless garbage. 

For factual stats that are not opinion based like pressures and tight window throws, they are useful. Because it’s not their horrendous opinion. 

Stop twisting this narrative to suit your agenda. 

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

For PFFs subjective stats such as Big Time Throws and Negative Throws, rankings, grades, and all other subjective material, they are useless garbage. 

For factual stats that are not opinion based like pressures and tight window throws, they are useful. Because it’s not their horrendous opinion. 

Really Passive aggressive there but that's ok. I've seen you do it to a lot of other people trying to get them upset so they will forget their actual argument. I already told you my exact agenda and since I am using your direct quotes, I don't see how I am the one twisting anything. I think I'll leave that to you in this situation.

Because you have stated they don't watch football games in the topic about Carr because someone used PFF when talking about their WR's....not the qb. You used PFF in that same topic to puff up a Tight End and were called out when you tried to say it was from a tweet but someone else pointed out the whole thing was taken from a PFF article. You used a direct ranking of a tight end to hype up the rankings of the Raiders receiving core.....but now you are saying their grades are trash? Is that not twisting the narrative? Then...you have to say that you said they don't watch football games(which is 100% not a fact) and that they outsource to India for stats(Also not a fact) and you use that as a way to downplay anything that doesn't suit your argument in this topic. 

All of which completely goes against what you said in the Carr article when you stated,"Honestly all their information is useless." 

That's a direct quote that you have now changed because you want to use "some" of their data. Data like tight window throws, which literally can't be known unless they watch games. SO then you said oh....whoops....well I heard from a guy who knows a guy that they get guys in India to watch games so...

So these guys in India know what a tight window throw is? Really??? You are going to say that these guys in India know what a pressure is? I just can't believe you are backtracking so far that this is a legitimate argument to make to prove your point about Tua. This is how far you are willing to go to act like your "opinion" is anything but just that, an opinion. 

Edited by seriously27
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Good way to completely ignore what I just said. You are literally impossible and a non-stop flame artist. (this guy is a troll from the Raider forum)

Pressures and Tight Windows - Factual Stats

Rankings, Grades, PFF Made Up Stats like Big Time Throws, Negative Throws, etc - Subjective Garbage. 

Do I need to spell out any more for you BP, or are you gonna repeat the same thing again because you can’t debate properly and get your facts in order properly? 

Yes... please spell out useless for me. Because you consistently crap on PFF for EVERY positive stat related to Derek Carr, but then turnaround and selectively use the stats when trying to prove a point with another poster. Again... you are either all in on PFF or not. And you've said time and time again, they are useless, trash and garbage among colorful words.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

But yet.... you tell Raider fans PFF is useless when they quote this exact stat on Carr under pressure because it doesn't fit your narrative. 

Must be over my head I guess.

Anyway... back to Tua

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seriously27 said:

Really Passive aggressive there but that's ok. I've seen you do it to a lot of other people trying to get them upset so they will forget their actual argument. I already told you my exact agenda and since I am using your direct quotes, I don't see how I am the one twisting anything. I think I'll leave that to you in this situation.

Because you have stated they don't watch football games in the topic about Carr because someone used PFF when talking about their WR's....not the qb. You used PFF in that same topic to puff up a Tight End and were called out when you tried to say it was from a tweet but someone else pointed out the whole thing was taken from a PFF article. You used a direct ranking of a tight end to hype up the rankings of the Raiders receiving core.....but now you are saying their grades are trash? Is that not twisting the narrative? Then...you have to say that you said they don't watch football games(which is 100% not a fact) and that they outsource to India for stats(Also not a fact) and you use that as a way to downplay anything that doesn't suit your argument in this topic. 

All of which completely goes against what you said in the Carr article when you stated,"Honestly all their information is useless." 

That's a direct quote that you have now changed because you want to use "some" of their data. Data like tight window throws, which literally can't be known unless they watch games. SO then you said oh....whoops....well I heard from a guy who knows a guy that they get guys in India to watch games so...

So these guys in India know what a tight window throw is? Really??? You are going to say that these guys in India know what a pressure is? I just can't believe you are backtracking so far that this is a legitimate argument to make to prove your point about Tua. This is how far you are willing to go to act like your "opinion" is anything but just that, an opinion. 

For context.... @BayRaider got that "PFF India" thing from something I posted over a year ago. It was an interview with TJ Lang I found on Reddit:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

For context.... @BayRaider got that "PFF India" thing from something I posted over a year ago. It was an interview with TJ Lang I found on Reddit:

Well that is interesting....but it does go against him saying he heard it from an intern so...

I will say that I have no love for PFF so this wouldn't surprise me at all. 

1 minute ago, seriously27 said:

Well that is interesting....but it does go against him saying he heard it from an intern so...

I will say that I have no love for PFF so this wouldn't surprise me at all. 

Yeah... that intern part was a 100% made up attempt at social proofing the argument.

Wouldn't surprise me either. Acting like they watch every player in every game seems misguided. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You do realize the way PFF accounts for pressures and "tight window throws" is also subjective, right? 

Unless the data is collected from Next-Gen stats, which it's not.

• Like 2

Just now, big_palooka said:

Yeah... that intern part was a 100% made up attempt at social proofing the argument.

Wouldn't surprise me either. Acting like they watch every player in every game seems misguided. 

Where I have doubts with the intern bit is... well... that stat-minutia gathering bit is literally the job of interns at most other places, specifically ESPN.  ESPN's interns (at least the entry-level ones) are legitimately plunked down in a chair in front of multiple monitors and expected to just straight catalog stats all day long so that someone then-further up the ladder can extrapolate more complex statistics from the data that can be pumped to analysts in the studio or in the booth.  They've been doing this since I was in college, and that was almost 20 years ago.  So I could easily see an intern, trying to make his own job look more important than it actually is/was, talking up how the minutia stuff gets outsourced so as not to have to admit to friend/family/some girl he's trying to pick up at the bar that he's just a bulk data recorder.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You do realize the way PFF accounts for pressures and "tight window throws" is also subjective, right? 

Unless the data is collected from Next-Gen stats, which it's not.

Is next gen stats located in India? Because if so do I have a story for you! 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Not to pile on but I can confirm that, that dude does do a lot of "fibbing" on here when he gets backed into a corner. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

But yet.... you tell Raider fans PFF is useless when they quote this exact stat on Carr under pressure because it doesn't fit your narrative. 

Must be over my head I guess.

Anyway... back to Tua

Completion percentage under pressure is a useless stat though. How could they not just dump it to a checkdown? Carr and Mariota are absolutely famous for that. 

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Completion percentage under pressure is a useless stat though. How could they not just dump it to a checkdown? Carr and Mariota are absolutely famous for that. 

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

For factual stats that are not opinion based like pressures and tight window throws, they are useful.

giphy.gif

• Like 4