Week 3 GDT vs Da BEARS.

JDLefebvre

1 minute ago, August4th said:

can only think of maybe 3-4 good drives from this offense that wasn't aided by the other teams defensive mistakes so far this yr....

You know what's common on all of them?

No huddle where Ben saw and exploited the defense better than any other time.  Ben's a no huddle QB at this point of his career.  Give him 11 personnel and the freedom to do what he wants and we're in the drivers seat.

1 minute ago, August4th said:

preparing myself for weak draw and screen plays being 90% of the playbook for the first 3 and half quarters next wk

Somehow he always calls a great game after a crap game like this.  I'm not sure how he does it but it happens.

Todd Haley will never give up control. No matter how much we hear about the no huddle being implemented, it never happens. I don't know what this team wants to be on either side of the ball, frankly. I get what Butler is trying to do in theory, I just don't respect it as its pretty gutless. With Haley, it's not even grab bag. It's poorly designed garbage across the board.

Awful effort by the defense that whole game.  Some of the most predictable play calling from the bears--run it to the left side or check down to a RB.  Can anybody justify not having Harrison in when they're running to Chickilo's side nearly every play and we have one of the best run defending linebackers on the bench just rotting away?  

Also, some of the worst refereeing I've ever seen on that last overtime drive.  Two of the most blatant holding calls I've ever seen.  Beyond the calls, just embarrassing effort and execution in the run game.  I love tomlin but losing to a bottom dwelling team on the road is his MO

12 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Post-game press conference...and Tomlin is ranting about the national anthem protest.

What's he saying about it?  Honestly, I think they deserved to lose after that crap.  Villanueva is the only one on the entire team I wasn't disgusted with today.  F the rest!  F em all!

My only comment on the game today is they beat themselves.  Muffed punt, horrible tackling, etc.  Refs missed blatant holds on that last play and on the first play of OT as well.  So the actual TD missed a hold on Burns and a guy got tackled at the LOS on the TD that was called back in OT.  But like I said, they deserved to lose after their national anthem antics.  All except Villanueva!  

Archived