NFL/XFL/CFB and COVID-19

brushmyhair

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

Some people are insanely privileged and entitled lol, I know people who were losing their **** over E3 and I'm like y'all, it's video games.

Us Yankee boys. Aye. I mean...I want to see Black Widow when it releases in a like a month or whatever, but I'm guessing theaters will still be shut down here. 

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yes and maybe, I'd say. Vince McMahon was funding the first two seasons out of pocket, so they'll still keep playing - but they're going to lose a ton of their momentum.

Not XFL-related, but I wonder what happens with WrestleMania now too.  No way it takes place in front of fans.  Do they cancel it outright?  Not to mention they travel a crazy amount and just returned from a Saudi Arabia show.  What happens if/when a wrestler is confirmed to have it?  At least with the NBA and other sports league, they have a CBA and a duty to protect the players.  WWE doesn't have that.  Not only that, but they have seemed hesitant to even talk about it other than to refute reports that claim WrestleMania will be altered or SmackDown being moved to a smaller arena.

This is obviously gonna be bad for a lot of things here, but the WWE is something I'd be concerned about.  I rarely watch anymore, but I still try to keep up and I see this destroying them financially if/when they start having to cancel Raws/SmackDowns or put them at the Performance Center with limited availability.  WrestleMania in the Performance Center would be dope though...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

If the NFL is cancelled I'm going to start pushing those bat eaters off of a cliff one at a time.

@TENINCH this is a warning. Absolutely no place for talk like this, and no, I don't care if it was supposed to be a joke. Lots of leeway for jokes, but there is none for these types. 

• Like 5

Just now, iknowcool said:

Not XFL-related, but I wonder what happens with WrestleMania now too.  No way it takes place in front of fans.  Do they cancel it outright?  Not to mention they travel a crazy amount and just returned from a Saudi Arabia show.  What happens if/when a wrestler is confirmed to have it?  At least with the NBA and other sports league, they have a CBA and a duty to protect the players.  WWE doesn't have that.  Not only that, but they have seemed hesitant to even talk about it other than to refute reports that claim WrestleMania will be altered or SmackDown being moved to a smaller arena.

This is obviously gonna be bad for a lot of things here, but the WWE is something I'd be concerned about.  I rarely watch anymore, but I still try to keep up and I see this destroying them financially if/when they start having to cancel Raws/SmackDowns or put them at the Performance Center with limited availability.  WrestleMania in the Performance Center would be dope though...

I think Vince would kill it purely because the PR from one of his wrestlers getting it would A) be really bad and B) considering he has old timers come out from the stable all the time could literally kill one of them.

But on the other hand, it's Vince and he would probably try and make a storyline out of it.

Tough call.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Wrestling with no fans would be ridiculously bad (yes I realize the bar isn't that far off as a baseline).    It's like watching an action movie on mute.

Edited by Broncofan

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Wrestling with no fans would be ridiculously bad (yes I realize the bar isn't that far off as a baseline).    It's like watching an action movie on mute.

This match begs to differ.

but I definitely agree, it would be a trainwreck.

Edited by iknowcool