NFL/XFL/CFB and COVID-19

brushmyhair

4 hours ago, showtime said:

There are major universities that have or are preparing to cancel in-person classes.  E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) that happens every year in Los Angeles was just canceled.

In the case of the NFL Draft, it won't be canceled, but there is a chance it won't happen in-person.

The in person stuff is what I care about.

1 minute ago, brushmyhair said:

The in person stuff is what I care about.

Honestly, it's just a little too early to tell to be honest. I Think that there is a real chance that the in person stuff is canceled, but we really don't know what the virus situation is going to look like in 4 - 6 weeks. I'm also not sure what timetable the NFL is working with to make a decision by given that it affects travel and all that. 

Just now, Forge said:

Honestly, it's just a little too early to tell to be honest. I Think that there is a real chance that the in person stuff is canceled, but we really don't know what the virus situation is going to look like in 4 - 6 weeks. I'm also not sure what timetable the NFL is working with to make a decision by given that it affects travel and all that. 

I just hope the nfl makes a statement like We will reevaluate our options 2 weeks before the draft. It's insane how events in june seem to be getting canceled.

7 hours ago, TENINCH said:

There is a higher chance of the Vikings winning the super bowl or you winning the lottery than you dying of this virus. Go and have fun!

This is the type of comment I was actually referring to here. Yes your chances of dying, being a young healthy person, is like 1% topps, but you don’t know you are infected for 6-24 days. And during those 6-24 days, you are passing it on to other people like the elderly. This is insensitive. Not taking proper CDC precautions of not getting it, and not caring if you get it, is really insensitive to others. 

This is the point I was making in previous posts. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, August4th said:

so close to this happening during the SB

NFL lucked out big time. 

Draft would be wayyyyy worse though. We are talking 500,000-800,000 people, utterly insane gathering during this outbreak. And you have games of 20,000 getting canceled. 

I have no clue personally but my brother said there’s no chance it’s contained by April (maybe early Summer) and a gathering of that many people is just pure stupidity. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

You were insensitive by attending a ridiculous huge event like the draft with 800,000 people during the surge of the out break. You would know (random person) full well in knowing you might get it at the draft (that many people the chances are sooo high). I don’t see any problem with the claim it’s insensitive. 

Survival of the fittest. Our species has long gotten lazy. Time to go back to our hunter-gatherer roots.

• Like 1