Texans release CB Jonathan Joseph

ET80

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

best free agent signing for the Texans.  I'll miss Jo Jo.  I remember when people thought the Texans were crazy for signing him over Scrabble in 2011. lol

The year he signed was the lockout year, so the NFL had free agency AFTER the NFL draft - so there were a ton of folks (including myself) who were burned solid at passing on Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara (the #2 CB on the board that draft) for some DE out of Wisconsin...

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's not a stretch to say he's one of the 5 best/most important Texans of all time...

As a 4 year Houstonian who listens to 610 Texans radio often, I can say for sure that he gets treated the way Dawkins or Westbrook get treated in Philly.

He's done a very good job for this team for a long time.

He's probably not one of the 10 most talented Texans, but he is one of the 10 most respected Texans.

Not sure who the top ten guys for defensive TDs are, but J-Jo has 8 in his career.

• Ed Reed had 9
  • Prime Time had 10

He's a Hall of Very Good guy for his career overall.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SkippyX said:

He's probably not one of the 10 most talented Texans, but he is one of the 10 most respected Texans.

I think there's a good argument to put him in the top 10 - sure, he's not Watt, Johnson, Hopkins, Foster or Watson. Might not be a Clowney or Mario if you're looking at physical tools (because those two were freaks of nature - even if they didn't play up to their tools). But he's jockeying with the likes of 'Meco Ryans, Cush, Myers and Duane Brown for one of those spots in the 7-10 range. 

It's unquestioned that he's the best DB in Texans history, with a significant gap between himself and Aaron Glenn. By and large, he was the face of the secondary during that 3-4 year run with Wade, when the Texans D was one of th best in the NFL.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ET80 said:

The year he signed was the lockout year, so the NFL had free agency AFTER the NFL draft - so there were a ton of folks (including myself) who were burned solid at passing on Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara (the #2 CB on the board that draft) for some DE out of Wisconsin...

I was a Robert Quinn guy myself. xD

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I think there's a good argument to put him in the top 10 - sure, he's not Watt, Johnson, Hopkins, Foster or Watson. Might not be a Clowney or Mario if you're looking at physical tools (because those two were freaks of nature - even if they didn't play up to their tools). But he's jockeying with the likes of 'Meco Ryans, Cush, Myers and Duane Brown for one of those spots in the 7-10 range. 

It's unquestioned that he's the best DB in Texans history, with a significant gap between himself and Aaron Glenn. By and large, he was the face of the secondary during that 3-4 year run with Wade, when the Texans D was one of th best in the NFL.

him, glenn and dunta robinson, and glover quin round out my top 5.