Hit the Rhodes Xavier... and don't you come back no more no more

The Gnat

1 hour ago, whitehops said:

you definitely have to sign a deal for more than $11 mil AAV plus have the playing time, etc. that goes along with it to net a 3rd. alexander definitely won't get that and i think it's very debateable waynes or harris get $11 mil AAV and if they do it likely won't be much more. i'd guess two 4th rounders and a 5th, without seeing any of the other deals signed. 

I think Harris easily gets over $11M AAV, and Waynes has a very good shot IMO. Alexander, if not resigned, should net a 4th/5th.

Of course that is just my opinion. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I think Harris easily gets over $11M AAV, and Waynes has a very good shot IMO. Alexander, if not resigned, should net a 4th/5th.

Of course that is just my opinion. 

i don't know about "easily", there are only 8 safeties getting that much and harris is the definition of a one hit wonder (to a team negotiating with him). 

i hope he gets as much as he can but i'm doubtful how much in terms of AAV and length of contract teams are going to be willing to give up for him.

9 hours ago, whitehops said:

i don't know about "easily", there are only 8 safeties getting that much and harris is the definition of a one hit wonder (to a team negotiating with him). 

i hope he gets as much as he can but i'm doubtful how much in terms of AAV and length of contract teams are going to be willing to give up for him.

Harris was just as good in 2018 as he was in 2019. There’s plenty of reason to believe that he’s more than a one year wonder. 

Harris is going to get paid. 

• Like 2

General Manager Rick Spielman alluded to the possibility of both Rhodes and Joseph returning later:

“Both Linval and Xavier have personified what it means to be a Minnesota Viking since joining our organization, providing incredible leadership on the field, in the locker room and within the community. We are all grateful for their hard work and all they’ve done to help build our culture here in Minnesota. This decision comes now to allow Linval and Xavier to enter free agency prior to the start of the new league year. We are sincerely appreciative of their contributions and commitment and will remain in communication as all parties navigate free agency moving forward.”

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/13/vikings-release-defensive-tackle-linval-joseph/

Edited by vike daddy

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

From the moment Harris got on the field he made an impact. That’s not a “wonder” that’s just a good player. 

he played 3/4 full games in each of the 2016 and 2017 season and was still the backup to sendejo in 2018 until dejo went down. 

his season and a half of elite play might be enough for a team to give him a long term contract at $14 mil AAV, but given his relative lack of history i'd say it's more likely he gets closer to $10 mil AAV.

On 3/13/2020 at 3:47 PM, Ozzy said:

Sad to see them go, but both are not even half the players they once were and do not deserve the money they would have been paid this season.

Mike Hughes currently as the only legit CB on the roster signed, and maybe Holton Hill but cannot really even include him.  Hope we do not reach and just get a CB to get a CB regardless of value or need.  I really hope it is not a situation where the Vikings have to draft Trevon Diggs to not piss off Stefon, that would be freaking awful.  Trevon is a decent player but I would rather have AJ Terrell honestly or even Winfield at safety, or OL/DL would make a ton of sense also, but what Stefon will be butt hurt even more than he already has been if we do not take his brother?  

Some FA corners and defensive tackles.

Logan Ryan
Johnathan Joseph
Prince Amukamara
Jimmy Smith

Jarran Reed
Leonard Williams
Gerald McCoy

Jarran Reed might be able to be purchased for a reasonable price, and Jonathan Joseph is old but is a very good corner, and Prince Amukamara would not be crazy expensive either.  Logan Ryan is ideal but might be out of the price range.  Leonard Williams is interesting but with his age might cost a little much.  Will be really interesting how they plan on filling all the holes that they have currently.  

I dunno man, Trevon Diggs had a very good year in the toughest conference of college football. If we wound up with him I wouldn’t be mad at all. I think he will be a stud in the league regardless of what system he plays for.

1 hour ago, Illadelegend215 said:

I dunno man, Trevon Diggs had a very good year in the toughest conference of college football. If we wound up with him I wouldn’t be mad at all. I think he will be a stud in the league regardless of what system he plays for.

Maybe I am wrong about it, Trevon is great in jump ball situations where he can react like a receiver reacts.  But AJ Terrell is just as good in those situations, has arguably better footwork as a corner and to me no question is a better tackler then Trevon.  Trevon does not seem to like the contact and plays defense like an offensive player, he is not as tough and not as physical I feel consistently and his tackling is a little bit of a question mark.

And seeing how easily offended his brother is, I am sure if he is not taken Stefon will have a problem with it one way or another which is no way for any team to do business, to help keep a player happy by drafting his brother.  Just like this says, he is playing "mind games" and I agree that is the last thing the Vikings need right now.

https://thevikingage.com/2020/03/15/stefon-diggs-games-problem-minnesota-vikings-dont-need/

Either way if they do take him, I hope it is for the right reasons and not just to make his bro happy here which clearly at the moment he is not.  

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like success kind of went to his head.  That's not unusual for a young man who quickly goes from rags to riches and is constantly hearing people tell him how great he is.  For his sake, I hope he learned from this experience and can rebuild himself and his career.

• Like 2