Lions release RT Rick Wagner

Gannon12

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I really liked him when he was available in Free Agency like 3 years ago. What happened?

He was very average to below average. I am a little surprised the Lions released him considering what very average RTs are getting paid these days. Tyrell Crosby played better than him in limited time so maybe they think he is ready for the full time job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I really liked him when he was available in Free Agency like 3 years ago. What happened?

Played great when he was with us for his rookie contract - turned himself from a 5th round comp pick to an upper-tier RT before he got PAID by Detroit in free agency.

Think he battled some injuries there, but not sure how his play was otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

Overpaid and under-productive. Cutting him was probably necessary, but Quinn gave him that contract and we don't have a reliable replacement. One hopes that Detroit heavily focuses on linemen (both sides) this offseason.

Seems like the Lions are constantly investing in the trenches, with not so much to show for it. Wagner, Ragnow, Decker, Crosby, Glasgow, Flowers, Hand, Robinson. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Seems like the Lions are constantly investing in the trenches, with not so much to show for it. Wagner, Ragnow, Decker, Crosby, Glasgow, Flowers, Hand, Robinson. 

One hopes the Lions sign decent players as well. xD

Ragnow is great and I've got faith in Flowers and Hand.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

They spent a 1st round pick on Laken Tomlinson as well, and gave T.J. Lang a pretty big contract. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ahh yes, Mike Daniels, $7.8M guaranteed. Good call. Only a 5th for Snacks, and it worked out well for the first year, but the second year was pretty rough.

In no way am I trying to pile on but that’s an impressive amount of effort made to improve the trenches. Hopefully here in the near future some success is found.

• Like 1