1. 1. Player of the Game?

• Rodgers
    • Perry
    • King
    • HaHa Clinton-Dix
    • Davante Adams
    • Is anybody else even healthy?

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

You have to imagine that age played a lot into the Kenny pick. That is a guy who, like Cobb, who will sign an extension before he's 25. That being said I think he is pretty clearly the 2nd best lineman on the team and he has played pretty well. Great feel in the run game

You bet it did.  And to be fair, it is paying off.  I liked a couple of other guys better, still do.  But, even I have to admit that Clark is playing much better this year and has a very bright future.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

You have to imagine that age played a lot into the Kenny pick. That is a guy who, like Cobb, who will sign an extension before he's 25. That being said I think he is pretty clearly the 2nd best lineman on the team and he has played pretty well. Great feel in the run game

You bet it did.  And to be fair, it is paying off.  I liked a couple of other guys better, still do.  But, even I have to admit that Clark is playing much better this year and has a very bright future.

I still remember sitting on my couch with my Chiefs fan best friend and repeating "Chris Jones Chris Jones Chris Jones" over and over. When we picked Clark I was like meh, I wanted DL and at least he's young. 

Then KC traded back and still got Chris Jones and I was salty af. He sends me weekly messages about him which is the worst. 

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

I still remember sitting on my couch with my Chiefs fan best friend and repeating "Chris Jones Chris Jones Chris Jones" over and over. When we picked Clark I was like meh, I wanted DL and at least he's young. 

Then KC traded back and still got Chris Jones and I was salty af. He sends me weekly messages about him which is the worst. 

Chris Jones.  Ashawn Robinson.  Noah Spence.  

Those were the 3 that I wanted.

I thought we very much should have taken Robinson at that spot, or Jones.

If not them, then trade back and hope for Spence or Clark.

Today, I think that Jones and Robinson are better than Clark.  Spence is different and probably worse.

Clark has a lot of room to grow though.  Should be interesting to watch all of those guys progress in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:
8 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Chris Jones.  Ashawn Robinson.  Noah Spence.  

Those were the 3 that I wanted.

I thought we very much should have taken Robinson at that spot, or Jones.

If not them, then trade back and hope for Spence or Clark.

Today, I think that Jones and Robinson are better than Clark.  Spence is different and probably worse.

Clark has a lot of room to grow though.  Should be interesting to watch all of those guys progress in the NFL.

I like Clark a good bit more than Ashawn. But I LOVED Chris Jones. We needed a nose but I would have salivated watching Daniels and Jones in nickel

18 hours ago, squire12 said:

Agree.  BUt sometimes you need to give credit to the other players for making good plays.  They are Pros and get paid as well.  BOth of those are pretty high level players as well.

I'm fine with this mentality, but if you're HHCD and angling yourself for an extension those are plays you need to make.  And I think it's more those missed tackles plus the ones from the Atlanta game that has you gun shy about committing long term to him.

• 1 year later...