• Rodgers
    • Perry
    • King
    • HaHa Clinton-Dix
    • Davante Adams
    • Is anybody else even healthy?

7 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

Best 1/2 game.  Thought he sucked in the 1st half but he was a beast in the 2nd

Agreed. He was absolutely atrocious in coverage for the first half. Their game plan consisted of a heavy dose of play-action and throwing to the spot that he vacated. Made some good plays in the run game but he has got to be better in the PA game. 

Also, what do people think about Rollins not getting many snaps? He may have and I just missed them but I didn't see him out there much

It seemed to me that they were sliding Morgan into the nickelback role once Evans went down?

Just a matchup thing?

And will this effect the potential resigning of Burnett?

It was a very interesting DB rotation today

12 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Also, what do people think about Rollins not getting many snaps? He may have and I just missed them but I didn't see him out there much

It seemed to me that they were sliding Morgan into the nickelback role once Evans went down?

Just a matchup thing?

Rollins is garbage. He can't tackle. Don't think the instincts are  there in coverage either. Just getting on the field by knowing the defense which makes him not a total liability.

Evans shouldn't be out there. Doesn't have the coverage skill either. Missed Brice there today. Honestly our safeties need to start jumping the post route, because Julio and Green both made hay there.

6 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Rollins is garbage. He can't tackle. Don't think the instincts are  there in coverage either. Just getting on the field by knowing the defense which makes him not a total liability.

Evans shouldn't be out there. Doesn't have the coverage skill either. Missed Brice there today. Honestly our safeties need to start jumping the post route, because Julio and Green both made hay there.

Yeah I'm sure Dom doesn't want Evans out there either but with Brice and Jake Ryan both out, something has got to give. 

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

I really liked Romo... I mean he was getting to be a bit much with the RPO but he is a much better analyst than anyone else right now

Agree completely. I thought his analysis added a lot compared to the standard we're used to.

1 minute ago, Bauman1535 said:
2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I really liked Romo... I mean he was getting to be a bit much with the RPO but he is a much better analyst than anyone else right now

Agree completely. I thought his analysis added a lot compared to the standard we're used to.

I'm so tired of the networks dumbing down the NFL to the casual viewer. I loved the TD Bernard had, where Romo went back and talked about Josh Jones handing Gio off to someone else (who was it? I forget...) but they didn't communicate it so Gio was wide open

Speak of Josh Jones... he was all over the place today. I LOVE when he comes off the edge

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

I'm so tired of the networks dumbing down the NFL to the casual viewer. I loved the TD Bernard had, where Romo went back and talked about Josh Jones handing Gio off to someone else (who was it? I forget...) but they didn't communicate it so Gio was wide open

Speak of Josh Jones... he was all over the place today. I LOVE when he comes off the edge

I think Blake, if I remember correctly? But yeah, I remember thinking during the game, "I wonder if the casual viewer will appreciate the analysis or will CBS make Tony dumb it down over time."

20 minutes ago, Bauman1535 said:

I think Blake, if I remember correctly? But yeah, I remember thinking during the game, "I wonder if the casual viewer will appreciate the analysis or will CBS make Tony dumb it down over time."

I don't think they will based off the responses all over the internet since week one. I'm praying it'll be emulated.

1 hour ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I feel alone in not seeing him as indecisive. Looks like his style is to be patient and wait for things.

Being patient is something I like about Ty, the true elite backs aka Bell and David Johnson have that quality. However, today I thought he was too patient. The hole is only open for a split second before it's gone and Ty missed on a couple runs today.

1 minute ago, Haha21 said:

Being patient is something I like about Ty, the true elite backs aka Bell and David Johnson have that quality. However, today I thought he was too patient. The hole is only open for a split second before it's gone and Ty missed on a couple runs today.

He had a great patient one early. Did very little after. Hard to tell how much is on him for me. Bit of both obviously.

9 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Just a matchup thing?

We're re-signing Burnett largely because of this reason, he plays EVERYWHERE. There is no way that the defense can effectively replace him, because he wears so many hats.

I think it's pretty telling with him playing the nickel CB role and it doesn't bode well for Rollins or Randall, especially when House comes back.

9 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Just a matchup thing?

Rollins was clearly benched in favor of King during the Atlanta game.  The fact that Evans was also playing before Rollins is also very telling.

Rollins is shaping up as a poor-man's Micah Hyde at this point.  Not what you're looking for from a 2nd round pick.