Kirksey to GB, 2Y/13M

VonKarman

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:
1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

9 games played in last 2 years is scary ****

14 of the lost games were for a torn pec.  Better that than a major leg injury.

Him and Oren will have lots to talk about in rehab 

• Like 4

yea people really should set their expectations low or at zero for this. Kinda like the Jared Cook signing in '16. Everything we get out if it is found money, but if it's bad we can easily cut bait next offseason. 

and if GB can add 1 more guy on the DL, he should have a very strong group of guys in front of him to make him look better.

10 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

yea people really should set their expectations low or at zero for this. Kinda like the Jared Cook signing in '16. Everything we get out if it is found money, but if it's bad we can easily cut bait next offseason. 

and if GB can add 1 more guy on the DL, he should have a very strong group of guys in front of him to make him look better.

Yeah, need that one DL guy and I don't hate this FA period. Kirksey is fine, it's not a clean projection to Blakes roll.. gives me the feeling you keep two ILBs instead of switching to the 3rd safety as easy. If you're sticking him in the 5-1 as the only guy back there.. we might get run on.

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Yeah, need that one DL guy and I don't hate this FA period. Kirksey is fine, it's not a clean projection to Blakes roll.. gives me the feeling you keep two ILBs instead of switching to the 3rd safety as easy. If you're sticking him in the 5-1 as the only guy back there.. we might get run on.

I mean, if you're playing a 5-1 you're getting run on regardless.  That's a pass rush package all the way.  

1 minute ago, MrBobGray said:

I mean, if you're playing a 5-1 you're getting run on regardless.  That's a pass rush package all the way.  

I guess it depends how you define it.  The 5-1 (or more accurately 3-3) isn't much different than the 4-2. Walk the Safety down into the box and you're going 7 defenders on 6 blockers against the 11 grouping. Fair enough argument to be made that walking the safety down makes it a 3-4, but again,  that's semantics. 

This 3-3/5-1 sets came about to stop the run,  specifically the outside runs where the TE goes across the formation at the snap to reverse the strong side of the field.  

Lord knows against the pass I'd rather have: A pressure group of Smith/Lowry/Clark/Smith and a drop group of Martinez/Burks/5 DBs

than: a pressure group of Lancaster/Clark/Lowry/Smith and a drop group of Smith/ Martinez/5 DBs