Baltimore trades TE Hayden Hurst to Atlanta

BareYourTeeth

20 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

So what's the trade up for a guy like Jeudy look like. Would it need to be 28+47+60 to get into the low teens or wherever we'd be trying to move to? 

We should be able to move up to around #14, if he's still there, with just sending #47

1 minute ago, BareYourTeeth said:

We should be able to move up to around #14, if he's still there, with just sending #47

After DB, did the whole forum get on board with "Jump for Jeudy"TM?

I was there two weeks ago (and still like the idea), but now I'm dreaming of an even larger move up for Isaiah Simmons. 

• Like 1

Man, I know I hated the pick when it happened, but I'm sad to see Hurst go actually. He was just starting to flourish and get comfortable. Although there's the jokes that Atlanta could've had Nuk for the same price as Hurst, nobody could've expected BoB to be that stupid with his valuation. Hurst for that price is solid and I think he'll do really well as the #1 in Atlanta.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

After DB, did the whole forum get on board with "Jump for Jeudy"TM?

I wouldn't be mad at it, but I prefer Lamb personally. Also fine with us trading down or staying put. No big preference for any strategy yet. I'm sympathetic to the argument that potential immediate impact is worth a lot more to this franchise during this window than good not great developmental options though.

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Updated Draft Picks:

1st. (28)

2nd. (47) From Atlanta

2nd. (60)

3rd. (92)

3rd. (106)

4th. (129) From New England

4th. (134) 

5th. (158)

7th. (226) From New York Jets

I made this list assuming we gave up our lowest 4th round compensatory pick to Atl. 

UPDATE 

I think this is prepping for a future in which we had Hurst, Andrews and Boyle all lined up to potentially be FA in the same offseason. If we draft a TE in the 3rd or 4th, this will help stagger those contract end years. If I were trying to read tea leaves, I think this makes it more likely that Andrews is a part of the core that gets extended long-term along with Lamar (including Stanley, Humphrey, etc.) in the next couple years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Bowser still a work in progress, but we haven’t had our best drafts in the 2nd round. Too many reaches. Brown & Correa were mind boggling when we made those selections 

I don't think anyone in the Ravens fan base or nationally thought Brown was a mind boggling selection at the time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

I don't think anyone in the Ravens fan base or nationally thought Brown was a mind boggling selection at the time.

Def. I hated the Elam and Brown picks more than child killers. And I was firmly in the minority with that take.

Hated the Correa pick too, but a lot of other fans were also on that train.

Maxx Williams is one of the best blocking TEs in the league, if not for his injuries he might've turned into a beyond solid all around TE. Bowser was a good player for us last year in what was his significant playing time debut, and Correa is a still young EDGE piece that's found some life for the Titans. We can do better, certainly, but our issues aren't so bad. Hell, even Perriman is sticking around the league. Our picks just aren't busting the way they did before :(.

Edited by DreamKid

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Getting 55 instead of 47 low key blows but whatev

That's where I'm at. It's obvious Roman couldn't get his head around taking Boyle's blocking ability off the field for Hayden's receiving ability. So getting a 2nd, even a lesser one, is fine at the end of the day. Can still be used as ammo for a trade or a net to catch a falling player.