Game 3 GDT: SNF Raiders vs Skins

SilverNBlackFan

7 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

Crabs has been the producer of late.  3 TD's last week.  My first thought was Norman on Crabs but if they do that it is highly likely Cooper will have a field day.  I know he has had the dropsies of late but he's too dynamic a receiver to ignore.  We'll see come Sunday.  My bet is Norman on Coop.

TEs and RBs are going to eat this week. I agree however. My guess is Norman locks up on Coop because he's the bigger play threat. Extra attention there and on Crab opens it up for Cook/Walford.

I was on the Redskins site.  I have a couple of quotes:  "The Raiders secondary is a bit weak with Sean Smith, who has declined over the past few years and David Amerson, a former Redskin, starting on the other side. Neither are more than above average caliber CB's and should not be considered much against Pryor and Doctson."  Well, probably but Smith and Amerson should hold there own.  I was a huge Pryor fan when he was in Oakland.  If only he would have accepted a shift to WR.

Another quote:  "Jordan Reed, if healthy, should have a big game considering his ability to open up the middle of the field and create big mismatches for their LB's, who don't cover well.  I know we had problems covering with our previous backers.  I thought our replacements including Lee were doing a better job.  I'm not certain.

"The running game of the Redskins will be challenged with Karl Joseph playing close to the line and a very young and hungry defensive front from the Raiders. Frankly, if the Redskins cannot run the ball, its going to be a long night".  I hope.

He had harsh words for Kirk Cousins and not kind words for Terrell Pryor.  Their QB is not stepping up compared to his salary and it seems Pryor has also had a case of the dropsies.  Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that.  On the bright side go to the Redskins site on FF.  He included a lot of good looking females.  That's the good part.  Most of the Skin fans are picking the Raiders to win.

36 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

Most of the Skin fans are picking the Raiders to win.

They seem to be one of the more cautious/negative groups of fans on FF. And I don't mean that as a slight at them - it's probably due to their record of inconsistency from one season to the next, poor performances in primetime games and general head office incompetence. I'm not buying their predictions of stuff like 38-21, that seems too cynical against their own team.

Weird how different fanbases act, and how fans like the Skins are in complete contrast to fans of teams like the Dolphins or Vikings (just random ones off the top of my head) who seem overly cocky every time we play them.

44 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

I was on the Redskins site.  I have a couple of quotes:  "The Raiders secondary is a bit weak with Sean Smith, who has declined over the past few years and David Amerson, a former Redskin, starting on the other side. Neither are more than above average caliber CB's and should not be considered much against Pryor and Doctson."  Well, probably but Smith and Amerson should hold there own.  I was a huge Pryor fan when he was in Oakland.  If only he would have accepted a shift to WR.

Another quote:  "Jordan Reed, if healthy, should have a big game considering his ability to open up the middle of the field and create big mismatches for their LB's, who don't cover well.  I know we had problems covering with our previous backers.  I thought our replacements including Lee were doing a better job.  I'm not certain.

"The running game of the Redskins will be challenged with Karl Joseph playing close to the line and a very young and hungry defensive front from the Raiders. Frankly, if the Redskins cannot run the ball, its going to be a long night".  I hope.

He had harsh words for Kirk Cousins and not kind words for Terrell Pryor.  Their QB is not stepping up compared to his salary and it seems Pryor has also had a case of the dropsies.  Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that.  On the bright side go to the Redskins site on FF.  He included a lot of good looking females.  That's the good part.  Most of the Skin fans are picking the Raiders to win.

Who is saying these quotes?

6 hours ago, S&B Bleeder said:

Crabs has been the producer of late.  3 TD's last week.  My first thought was Norman on Crabs but if they do that it is highly likely Cooper will have a field day.  I know he has had the dropsies of late but he's too dynamic a receiver to ignore.  We'll see come Sunday.  My bet is Norman on Coop.

Its a possibility. I heard on the radio today (670 Chicago) when discussing the upcoming games this very topic. Apparently Norman hasn't been traveling with the #1. Regardless if he covers a specific receiver or cuts the field in half, their other DBs will have there hands full. Like I said if I were the D-Coord, I'd have him blanket Crabs and take my chances with Coop's drops. We'll see.

12 hours ago, R8DR8five said:

Its a possibility. I heard on the radio today (670 Chicago) when discussing the upcoming games this very topic. Apparently Norman hasn't been traveling with the #1. Regardless if he covers a specific receiver or cuts the field in half, their other DBs will have there hands full. Like I said if I were the D-Coord, I'd have him blanket Crabs and take my chances with Coop's drops. We'll see.

I hope so much for this. Cooper will dominate this game if that is the case. Nobody outside Norman can cover him 1 on 1. 

Echo the Jordan Reed concerns, he's elite and I still don't think we can stop TEs. Jets have literally nothing at TE, ridiculous stat in the game that they had like 16 completions to TEs last year. Delanie Walker also did pretty well against us. 

Looking for turnovers from the D. Keep bringing Joseph, I love the idea of Conley on Reed and Mack needs to eat. 

15 hours ago, R8DR8five said:

Norman has never travelled, he halves the field like Scrabble used to do. 

I see the Offense clicking on all cylinders. One series the WR's next series the RB's next series the TE's. Keep it FRESH then it's halftime and they can't adjust because all three were effective. Chess match and we get 2 picks with Kurt/Kirk Cousins pressing to keep up with our O.

18 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

Echo the Jordan Reed concerns, he's elite and I still don't think we can stop TEs. Jets have literally nothing at TE, ridiculous stat in the game that they had like 16 completions to TEs last year. Delanie Walker also did pretty well against us. 

Looking for turnovers from the D. Keep bringing Joseph, I love the idea of Conley on Reed and Mack needs to eat. 

The Raiders took two different approaches against the Titans. In the first half, they would put Sean Smith on Walker in some sets (I believe whenever they were in man coverage in nickel). If Smith plays, I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar tactic used against Reed.

12 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I saw a stat about the Redskins not giving up a lot to receivers, but giving up a lot of yards to running backs. Richard, Lynch, and Wash are gonna eat.

Also, I think it's due that Cooper goes off. 100 yards this week.

I think J. Cook goes off this game.

Archived