Week 3 GDT: Bill Polian Still Hates the Osweiler Trade & Never Tanked

Mind Character

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

OPI's? Does a professional receiver need to be told not to push off? How many times?  The poorly executed rub routes?  High school teams use this concept, as does every college and pro team.  The players executed them poorly, but that doesn't mean they were instructed to run them that way.

The Orchard penalty was absurd, that's not in anyone other than the ref who felt the need to call the nonsense.

I didn't like using the final timeout with 9 minutes to go. Fortunately they overturned the Britt TD call on the field because we wouldn't have been able to challenge it without a timeout.

12 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

No way that the ball thrown behind Britt that did go off of his hands would be considered a drop. It would be like an outfielder failing while attempting to make a diving catch and being considered an error.  Britt possibly could have made a great catch on a bad throw but it isn't nor should it be considered to be a catchable ball.

The receivers had a lot of drops. Kizer struggled with his accuracy, a lot of the receptions that were made were jumping/ball at the knees type throws which won't be good enough for the Kizer final product. For now we work on the weak spots and enjoy the things that are going well.

Also, unrelated, we invited Colts fans to our GDT and I wouldn't even wish to have rival fans read through the wreck that this thread became. We need to be a little kinder to each other. We all have the same goal and we are going to have differing opinions in and out of football but there is no need to make it personal. We're all on the same side.

It hit both of his hands. If that's not catchable, what is?

It wasn't an accurate throw, but a pro receiver is responsible for catching every pass that hits both hands IMO.

38 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What should Hue do exactly?

What does Hue do to fix dropped passes?  Isn't that on the player?

Use your feelings...let your inner emotion and anger guide you...don't use hippy logic....Hue should be fired...It's his fault. All of it.

He only won one game...and the players are performing poorly therefore he absolutely should be fired and shouldn't last the season...

We should definitely hire a new HC...that will fix it...b/c feelings...

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I didn't like using the final timeout with 9 minutes to go. Fortunately they overturned the Britt TD call on the field because we wouldn't have been able to challenge it without a timeout.

Not a lot of tried and true methods for trying to orchestrate a 17 point come back with 9 minutes left.  

He burned a TO to preserve a large chunk of remaining time from running off.  

To me it was more of a "well that sucks, hope this works", but in reality very little actually works in that situation.

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What should Hue do exactly?

What does Hue do to fix dropped passes?  Isn't that on the player?

I dunno...When you are penalized as often as we are, isn't that a reflection on the coach?  I get that the players are the ones committing the penalties, but what is Hue's ownership in it?  We have an excessive amount of penalties each week, and the only comment is "we have to get better"  At some point. that falls on deaf ears.  Why hasn't he simplified the offense for Kizer?  Couldn't we throw more 3 step drops and throw?  I have seen one slant play in the last 2 weeks.  We don't seem to fake hand off and roll out with a quick pass to the TE.  There just seems to be ways he could be mitigating some of the problems we have.

1 minute ago, Don Roshi said:

I think that Hue has put more emphasis developing Kizer over winning games at any cost. He wouldn't have put Kizer back in during the last game and he'd have him running a lot more if not.

Of course I'm most likely way off base.

That may be true, but I also think it's true to say that if you want to win in the NFL you need a viable qb to do it. We don't have one now, but he's working on developing him.

It's hard to watch, but to some degree necessary.

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

Mind I would love for you to breakdown the amount of open holes crow had and his vision to run right into the tackles and guards. 

Even if you were suarious...I'fm not torturing muyself like that...

I'm sick to my stomach (admittedtly tacos and 17 (i think lost count beers wull do that i think

Besides I'm tooo busy dreaming of us pulling off draft scenario where we get RB Barkley, WR Ridely, WR Washington, WR Sutton, & Darnold...

Join me...the fantas is supere fun..

Just now, big poppa pump said:

I dunno...When you are penalized as often as we are, isn't that a reflection on the coach?  I get that the players are the ones committing the penalties, but what is Hue's ownership in it?  We have an excessive amount of penalties each week, and the only comment is "we have to get better"  At some point. that falls on deaf ears.  Why hasn't he simplified the offense for Kizer?  Couldn't we throw more 3 step drops and throw?  I have seen one slant play in the last 2 weeks.  We don't seem to fake hand off and roll out with a quick pass to the TE.  There just seems to be ways he could be mitigating some of the problems we have.

I just figured if you thought it was his fault or responsibility you'd have an idea as to how to fix it.

Is the offense to complex for Kizer?  Is that your opinion or Hue's or Kizer's?  

The bottom line to me is Hue's offense is a proven entity.  His schemes work, he can call a good game, he can highlight a player's strengths, etc.. He's done so multiple places in the past.

Our offense lacks talent at WR, consisitency on the OL and experience at qb and TE.  That's not a formula for an effective offense, regardless as to who is calling the plays.

23 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

No way that the ball thrown behind Britt that did go off of his hands would be considered a drop. It would be like an outfielder failing while attempting to make a diving catch and being considered an error.  Britt possibly could have made a great catch on a bad throw but it isn't nor should it be considered to be a catchable ball.

The receivers had a lot of drops. Kizer struggled with his accuracy, a lot of the receptions that were made were jumping/ball at the knees type throws which won't be good enough for the Kizer final product. For now we work on the weak spots and enjoy the things that are going well.

Also, unrelated, we invited Colts fans to our GDT and I wouldn't even wish to have rival fans read through the wreck that this thread became. We need to be a little kinder to each other. We all have the same goal and we are going to have differing opinions in and out of football but there is no need to make it personal. We're all on the same side.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It hit both of his hands. If that's not catchable, what is?

It wasn't an accurate throw, but a pro receiver is responsible for catching every pass that hits both hands IMO.

One hand could be semi-catchable or could not be catchable...depends on if it's drop in the bucket or loops from high...one hand behind or back behind the body is uncatchable semi-catcheable

Able to get two hands on is always always catchable in the pros or college. even if it's thrown behind a WR...b/c you have to make a throw behind a WR to lead them away from danger or to help them run up field. kizer missed the  margin by a little and was somewhat inaccurate but two hands on is absolutely catchable

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

One hand could be semi-catchable or could not be catchable...depends on if it's drop in the bucket or loops from high...one hand behind or back behind the body is uncatchable semi-catcheable

Able to get two hands on is always always catchable in the pros or college. even if it's thrown behind a WR...b/c you have to make a throw behind a WR to lead them away from danger or to help them run up field. kizer missed the  margin by a little and was somewhat inaccurate but two hands on is absolutely catchable

Are you saying Britt is under preforming? whaaaaaat?

I for one thought we did a good job respectfully disrespecting and hating the hell out of each other on the board today...

To all that blocked/ignored me (Candy, MWil, and countless others)...you won't see this post, but you helped the Hennessy go down smoothly today...for that I thank you...and bid you adieu

I am at ease...maybe we'll see each other in that great Browns fan land beyond...the land of wins and honey...then we'll be able to yell at each other like old forum acquaintances that don't know each other...

what a time to be alive....

Paul Brown said you can't teach speed. 

al Saunders is finding out you can't teach hands. 

Britt is the drop king and I think he makes more than 1 million per catch in cleveland, Louis can't catch, but jordan Leslie only needs one hand to make a catch. 

This is how we lul in cleveland. 

25 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I for one thought we did a good job respectfully disrespecting and hating the hell out of each other on the board today...

To all that blocked/ignored me (Candy, MWil, and countless others)...you won't see this post, but you helped the Hennessy go down smoothly today...for that I thank you...and bid you adieu

I am at ease...maybe we'll see each other in that great Browns fan land beyond...the land of wins and honey...then we'll be able to yell at each other like old forum acquaintances that don't know each other...

what a time to be alive....

When you start bidding people adieu it's prolly time to switch to Gatorade and make sure to sleep on your side.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

When you start bidding people adieu it's prolly time to switch to Gatorade and make sure to sleep on your side.

I want so badly to get what your getting at...maybe I'm too old...or too young...Gatorade? Sleeping on side?

The only thin connection I see (and it could be projection or b/c I'm fully alched) is a dropping the soap context with the sleep thing...but how does Gatorade fit in?

Part of me hopes you're just pulling randon sh** outto the air to mess with an alchy or what man?

If that's a real thing...I'm too old or too young...to sauced..or just lame (probably the last one)

What codex or cipher must I get to crack this codde?

Archived