Week 3 GDT: Bill Polian Still Hates the Osweiler Trade & Never Tanked

Mind Character

((((****LONG POST ALERT****......And yes...it's trash....)))

It's been a rough week for us (what else is new).

-------------------------

A lot of my guarded optimism was blown to pieces by a bad performance by our "future" QB (wait a minute...WTF.. you're telling me now he has reoccurring migraine issues...why...just why...). Enough of that.

I've put on a calm demeanor in front of family and friends alike....citing a rookie QB stat here and a "but great QBs struggled as rookies" there....

But beyond the false face of calm...the reality is that deep down inside I feel like eventually something's coming....a dark force...none other than Jimmy Has(no no no...suppress it)...something bad I dare not speak.

Lucky for me and a few of the homies, this weekends events have spiraled us into an unexpected journey toward the sacred, elusive, mysterious, and what some have called "mythical" Browns Fan Zen & Enlightenment  that was once known to many of our brethren and sistren during a forgotten, distant time.

It started when a few of my friends and I on a three-way call decided to let go for the rest of the season and envision our inner Browns spirit (the one that's been imprisoned by perpetual misery, disappointment, false hopes, and insanity) hovering over tranquil and serene waters... able to roam free in the deep horizon of eternal football fan peace and bliss...

200w.gif#77-grid1

Behold!!! The power of our newfound Browns Fan Zen.....Let Go!... and Join us my fellow FF'ers!...The Peace you desire Awaits you!!!

200.gif#6-grid1

-------------------------------------------------------

But before achieving the freedom of this enlightenment...let's go back...game day and the following days were a little rough..

SUNDAY:

On the outside....I was calm

200.gif#1-grid1

On the inside...First....a complete drunken mess..

200w.gif#1-grid1

Then....just miserably lost...

200.gif#12-grid1

---------------------------------

THEN CAME MONDAY:

Monday Morning:  Starting to rationalize and warm to acceptance of Browns misery...

200.gif#0-grid1

Monday Afternoon:  Full Acceptance achieved...

200.gif#7-grid1

Monday Evening after work: Total Emotional & Psychological Relapse...

200.gif#11-grid1

Monday Night right before bed: The Sweet bliss of complete denial...

200.gif#1-grid1

-------------------------------------------

TUESDAY:

Tuesday Morning: The Surprising Relief of remembering our next opponents (Colts, Bengals, Jets, Texans) and that we also play the Jags, Chargers, and Bears at some point later in the year.

200.gif#0-grid1

Tuesday Afternoon: More comfort knowing that the Texans still have a shot of getting us a top 5 pick.

200.gif#0-grid1

Tuesday Evening after work:

A dark force returns when a hidden, suppressed memory box in my mind begins to open itself....

tenor.gif

....AAHHHH...it's Jimmy Haslam!!!!! The suppressed and unwanted thought jumps to the front of my mind...thoughts about what events might be set in motion if we start losing some of these games...panic begins to grip me when a certain image flashes in my mind...

200_s.gif#44-grid1

Unsettled...the darkness set in...

200.gif#18-grid1

BANG!!!! Another terrifying image....

200.gif#106-grid1

Then flashing in my mind is me seeing myself and my reaction in the future mere moments after reading the Cleveland Plain Dealer Headline: Jimmy Sends Hue to 'The Lake' & Promises the Process Will be Right the Next Time -- By Mary Kay Cabot..

200.gif#11-grid1

---The Frustration and Madness Starts to set in...then out of nowhere....

.......out of nowhere..my friend calls me on the car ride home from work...a three-way call is started with another...Browns talk is had...and before we all knew it...a deep and ancient peace washes over us...We've Let Go and transcended into the sweet embrace of Browns Zen...and even though everything is burning around us...all is right with the Browns and the world....

DEEP BREATH IN....(CHANTING; Slowly and Melodic)..."BROWNS FAN SPIRIT BE FREE...WE WILL WIN IN WEEK 3....NO MORE MISEEERRRYYY...."

DEEP BREATH OUT...(CHANTING)..."NO MORE SH**TY TEAMS...F--1 AND 15...JOSH GORDON PLEASE SAY NO TO THE GREEEENNNN..."

BREATH IN...BREATH OUT...(CHANTING)..."SAM DARNOLD PLEASE HELP...IF JIMMY FIRES HUE HE CAN GO **** HIMSELLLFFFFFF"

...AND just like that...the eternal state of Browns Fan Enlightenment was achieved for all of us...now we are at peace...

200.gif#6-grid1

---------------------------

With the Enlightenment Achieved....suddenly...no thought of Jacoby Brissett or the Colts...or Jimmy Haslam or any negativity can get to me...

With utter peace achieved through the practice of collective Browns Fan Misery Transcendence there's no attack that can faze us ....

200.gif#18-grid1

Now, for the rest of the season...I am at ease with the thought that we are already champions...conquering heroes returned to the adulation and praise of our peoples...we are the heroes we've been waiting for our entire lives....

200.gif#5-grid1

..."And you know what...not only are we going to win in Indianapolis...Tom Harkin...We're going to Cincinnati......to New York...to Houston...to Tennessee...to Minnesota, Detroit, Jacksonville...and other places....THEN LATER IN THE SEASON WE'RE GOING TO GO TO BIG BEN'S HOUSE..........

200.gif#2-grid1

--------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The GAME; The FACE-OFF --- Game Thoughts & Predictions:  

200.gif#0-grid1

Basic Overall Game Thoughts: The Colts are a team that fights. Chris Ballard did a nice job of adding players with maximum effort and competitive fire like John Simon, Jabaal Sheard, Jacoby Brisset; however, they lack the punching power of supereme talent. This game will be a dog fight for the first half likely seeing us pull away due to a physically imposing running game that finally takes flight midway through the third quarter and continues on as the winning edge in the 4th.  Jacoby Brisset is a lot better than people think and is really hard to tackle to the ground and makes plays by extending the play through strength and balance. In college, they called him "mini-big Ben" for his propensity to shrug off tackles in the pocket while making deep downfield throws. He had zero help at NCState but may yet prove to be one of the best backup QBs in the league with QB1 developmental upside. He made the plays to win the game against the Cardinals; however, coaching and clock management sent the game to overtime where they ultimately lost. Frank Gore is surprisingly still running with urgency, power, and burst in close quarters. TY Hilton would be a star on any other team and can amass chunk yardage down the field and all over the place similar to Antonio Brown when given the opportunity. Because the Colts are more uni-dimensional...our offense and defense out powers them on sheer football talent alone after improving focus, execution, and determination after a week of sitting with the bad loss to the Ravens.

Score: Browns 28 --- Colts 17 (dog fight and ugly early and in the first half; Browns come on in the third and finish strong).

Deshone Kizer's Stats: 22-38 325 yards; 2TDs (2 pass); 2 INTs (Malik Hooker baits Kizer on 1 bad decision; 1 tip off WRs Hands into Malik Hooker's hands for a 2nd INT); 2 sacks (1 on him; 1 on WR)

Deshone Kizer's play notes: Deshone struggles again early throwing a pick, but rallies back with a deep middle shot to Njoku who takes it to the house. Still holds onto the ball going into the second half but plays with steady poise and develops chemistry and thus makes big plays with one of the WRs this week.

Offensive Highlights: David Njoku will catch 5 passes for 87 yards and a TD. Crowell and OL show signs of life. Kasen Williams makes a nice jump ball catch. Jabrill Peppers takes a punt return to the house.

Defensive Highlights: Joe Schobert has a few critical TFLs on short yardage runs. Peppers has 3 PBUs and makes a 3rd down play to shift the momentum back to our offense in a critical shift in the game.

Low-lights: Things that will have us concerned going forward

• WRs still can't get open and finish plays causing Kizer to take some sacks.
  • Kenny Britt talk gets even worse after this game.
  • Pass rush still doesn't have the juice against the colts via the front 4. Sacks come via LB blitzes.
  • Ogbah questions become more prominent after this game.
  • Isaiah Crowell misses some wide open cut backs.
  • The hottakes will be lowlights b/c people will go off the deep end when the score is close if not tied up at half as they don't realize how good Brissett is; how good TY Hilton, Jack Doyle, and Moncrief are at times...and how Frank Gore is still the man defying all logic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came in here to finish and post the Colts Gameday Masterpiece I had been putting together (I signed up for the colts and game and thought I had it according to the game day signup thread) and Low and Behold.......Mindcharter comes in and posts a Great One.....

nothing-to-do-here_c_201302.jpg

@DaWg_LB.   My bad...my fault...

The thing is...I remember reading your post and laughing but stopped at "When the Brother Calls..." and saw the picture and moved on...I must've thought the text below was sig texts or something...

At the time I didn't remember anyone's post including the Colts before me...and must've also mis-remembered confirming my signup in the OP.

On 8/31/2017 at 3:06 PM, DaWg_LB. said:

When the Brother Calls....

3aafa07cf058dedcec9b66cae66f43ad.jpg

I'll take the Colts game...

I posted about the colts hours later after yours on the same page...so...Ooops..lol

On 8/31/2017 at 7:49 PM, Mind Character said:

I'll do Week 3 Browns at Colts...

As a heads up, the OP is going to be an in-depth analysis of every pass thrown by Scott Tolzien so we can assess what we're up against pregame...

It's going to be truly riveting stuff...

I don't want to spoil it ahead of time...but a lot of the throws as well as my analysis of them are going to be trash

Archived