Week 3 GDT: Bill Polian Still Hates the Osweiler Trade & Never Tanked

Mind Character

17 hours ago, Don Roshi said:

We had the first pick in the draft just gone and picked the player we wanted.

Anyway, I like what I've seen with Kizer, given his circumstances. Of course he's got a long way to go to prove that he's the guy. I don't think that we'll finish with the worst record anyway. I think Kizer will get better throughout the year.

I sure hope so.  Honestly, I wish we had a serviceable vet to play long enough to let Kizer sit & learn.  I know nothing replaces game time but it seems as though Hue's offense, with its read routes for both the QB and WR, is complicated and we've got (except for Britt) youth all over the place.  I'm sure all teams run the same concepts, I just think it might be a bit much for Kizer to handle right now - especially given no running game and the aforementioned gaggle at WR.  In some ways I give Chicago credit - Trubisky showed a lot in the preseason & outplayed Glennon ...but Glennon starts at least for now, giving MT time to absorb.  I like Kizer, I think his head's on straight and he knows what he needs to work on, but his accuracy issues show up at the worst times (RZ) and his trying to process everything in 2.5 seconds or less is a lot to ask.  

First and Foremost I'd like to start by saying....I LOVE Hue Jack....and I Believe in him as a football guy.....

There are two things I put directly on Hue today.....first and Foremost, today there were only a few minutes of the game where we were down by more than 2 scores...but yet in his 3rd start, Or rookie QB is asked to throw the ball 55 times, while there were 16 called running plays. This is Un-Explainable and Inexcusable IMO.

#2 The Amount of Penalties and TO we continue to commit.....HC gotta be responsible for cleaning this up.

Lastly....I am not saying its time yet.....but Hue needs to consider he's not superman...and he has GREAT coaches on his staff...attempting to be the HC  and manage the team, paying attention to all the details, while calling offensive plays AND trying to coach a Rookie QB after each series vs. coaching his coaches and the team......MIGHT be spreading it too Thin.....

Kirby Wilson AND Al Saunders BOTH can be OC's and David Lee is a VERY experienced QB coach......Could free up some cycles for Hue to FIX what's wrong with this team...

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Seems like a bit of a contradictory statement....

"Everyone knows how this works, coaches must not have told these professionals..."

You're wrong...fire Hue

And really Al Saunders is a complete joke...all that coaching experience and he can't coach these WRs up...

It wouldn't surprise me if Hue replaced him this week...

just sayin...

20 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

You're wrong...fire Hue

And really Al Saunders is a complete joke...all that coaching experience and he can't coach these WRs up...

It wouldn't surprise me if Hue replaced him this week...

just sayin...

Hue, Al Saunders, Kirby Wilson, Wiley, Gregg Williams, Simmons, etc.

We've got proven coaches on both sides of the ball. I'm not sure who puts together a better staff than this tbh.

I know it goes against the tradition of ranting for a coach to be fired or calling them incompetent, but I feel confident in saying our issues aren't with the guys who've proven they know what they're talking about, but rather the guys who haven't yet proven they can actually play football well at the NFL level.

1 hour ago, StewieRules said:

Honestly, I wish we had a serviceable vet to play long enough to let Kizer sit & learn.

Sitting and learning is a myth. The only first round QB's in the last decade to not throw at least 200 passes were all massive busts, every one of them. And the last guys most point out as successes (Rodgers, Rivers) were sitting behind future HoF QBs. If you're good enough to play, you play.

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hue, Al Saunders, Kirby Wilson, Wiley, Gregg Williams, Simmons, etc.

We've got proven coaches on both sides of the ball. I'm not sure who puts together a better staff than this tbh.

I know it goes against the tradition of ranting for a coach to be fired or calling them incompetent, but I feel confident in saying our issues aren't with the guys who've proven they know what they're talking about, but rather the guys who haven't yet proven they can actually play football well at the NFL level.

Nope...you're wrong...they all need to go...Crowell's play is Wilson's fault, JC Tretter and Coleman are Wiley's fault, Ogbah  is Simmons fault...

What aren't you getting...players bad play is all on the coaches..it's simple

TBH...I don't know if that's always true, but my gut & feelings says it so...and it feels right...so it's right.

Fire 'em..

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

Nope...you're wrong...they all need to go...Crowell's play is Wilson's fault, JC Tretter and Coleman are Wiley's fault, Ogbah  is Simmons fault...

What aren't you getting...players bad play is all on the coaches..it's simple

TBH...I don't know if that's always true, but my gut & feelings says it so...and it feels right...so it's right.

Fire 'em..

Man, I think it's time to #Chill.

tenor.gif

29 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Man, I think it's time to #Chill.

tenor.gif

Lol...Come on, FGK...hope you'd know I don't believe any of that nonsense...

Just wanted to join the hoard of reactionaries on sports talk radio and see if I could trigger @LETSGOBROWNIES into a somewhat long post as payback (I'm petty)...

It's not as long as I wanted, but I got 'em....I'm still down at least 20-1, but I'm on the scoreboard..

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

We need to fire Hue now...it's all his fault

Kizer's proven in 3 games he's not the guy so we need to skip Hogan and play Kessler so we can guarantee to have the number 1 pick...

Hue obviously is calling plays to try and make Kizer the guy.

He obviously has no commitment to running the ball.

The irony is that by playing Kizer and calling plays to make Kizer the guy he might lead us to a bad enough record/high enough pick to get our franchise QB.

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Just wanted to join the hoard of reactionaries on sports talk radio and see if I could trigger @LETSGOBROWNIES into a somewhat long post as payback (I'm petty)...

It's not as long as I wanted, but I got 'em....I'm still down at least 20-1, but I'm on the scoreboard..

Trigger me?

Bud I'm cooler than a polar bear's toenails, I can't be triggered ;)

And you know I'm not typing a novel...

7 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Hue obviously is calling plays to try and make Kizer the guy.

He obviously has no commitment to running the ball.

The irony is that by playing Kizer and calling plays to make Kizer the guy he might lead us to a bad enough record/high enough pick to get our franchise QB.

He's calling plays to try to make the qb look good?!?!!??  

You really think so????  Idk man, that's a pretty wild idea....

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Oh, yeah. I was saying that your attempt at faking it was so weak that no one would ever fall for it. Like, chill with the bit, because it was too obvious.

Archived