2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

20 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

While people think WR isn't a big need.

The real possibility is that most of these top tackles will be off the board before #11 and we have a chance at our pick of all the top WRs. 

More likely than not a WR at our pick will be the better player than the OT. 

IMO grabbing a instant stud WR would be a big help to this offense and Darnold. 

While I'd take a OT, as I do mock drafts I see more scenarios where all the top tackles are off the board. And I am not taking a 2nd tier OT over a 1st tier WR.  

Plus I think in most draft the WRs go higher.  But because there is great OT talent along with a few QBs they are dropping back.

Did another mock draft. 4 rounds.

This one it had some of the top WRs getting taking quickly allowing a top tier OT dropping to us.

NYJ 11.
Tristan Wirfs
OT Iowa

NYJ 48.
Tee Higgins
WR Clemson

NYJ 68.
Brandon Aiyuk
WR Arizona State

NYJ 79.
Noah Igbinoghene
CB Auburn

NYJ 120.
Darrynton Evans
RB App State

28 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

My boredom from being stuck home.

NYJ 11.
Jedrick Wills
OT Alabama

NYJ 48.
Jaylon Johnson
CB Utah

NYJ 68.
Michael Pittman Jr.
WR USC

NYJ 79.
Brandon Aiyuk
WR Arizona State

NYJ 120.
Amik Robertson
CB Louisiana Tech

You drafted a Corner and Pittman over Aiyuk? Good lord. 

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Would you trade Adams for the right to walk away with a combination of

Becton, Wills, Wirfs, Thomas

Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs

Personally no, Adams means so much to our defense and allows you to schematically do so much.

42 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Would you trade Adams for the right to walk away with a combination of

Becton, Wills, Wirfs, Thomas

Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs

For me No. I just think his value is higher than that. I’d rather see us draft a WR or OT at 11 of the names you mentioned (maybe minus Becton bc his floor is starting to scare me for that high of a pick). And then if we wanted to... package a deal to move up for a guy like Jones, Jackson, Jefferson or Mims as OT or WR. Which shouldn’t make Adams a part of that trade piece. I’d have to see what the trade chart shows for a late 1st rounder for us to move up from 48.

9 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Aiyuk is overrated by jets fans

He’s not overrated. But I get what you’re saying. He was a starter last year and didn’t produce much bc Harry was their man. Became the man this year and produced. So you’re really only seeing 1 year of quality play from him. But I still think he’s a good player

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s not overrated. But I get what you’re saying. He was a starter last year and didn’t produce much bc Harry was their man. Became the man this year and produced. So you’re really only seeing 1 year of quality play from him. But I still think he’s a good player

Sounds like most people at Arizona St thunk Aiyuk is a better overall prospect than Harry,  and Harry went in the first last year.   I couldn't be upset if we ended up with him in the 2nd.

Just now, rampantjet said:

Sounds like most people at Arizona St thunk Aiyuk is a better overall prospect than Harry,  and Harry went in the first last year.   I couldn't be upset if we ended up with him in the 2nd.

I was a Harry fan last draft. So I can’t say anything poor about him. But I think the lack of production is the question mark with Aiyuk