4. Becton

5. Jones

6. Jackson

7. Cleveland

8. Wilson

9. Niang

10. Peart

34 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Bryan Edwards is a top 10 WR in this class.  He's criminally underrated because he couldn't run in the combine.  He's what Mims was before the 4.3 40.  If you love Mims you should love Edwards too.

I'll start by saying I'd be happy if we drafted Edwards. But for me he's not a top 10 WR. Why? He's not dynamic. He's a big bodied guy, who plays tough, with hands. Traits I like... but nothing special. Really no difference between him and the likes of Pittman, Jennings (who could be had in the 6th), etc. I get the production is there and with poor QB play... just isnt fast, quick, great route runner. Things that are required at the NFL level.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xenajets said:

What’s the low down on Isiah Hodgins the receiver from Oregon State? 

Huge guy who was supposed to run a 4.4/4.5 but then ended up running slower. Haven’t seen anything from him until a draft profile video yesterday. 

Ive been watching tape on Hodgins.  Tall with excellent hands.  Wins contested catches more often than not.  Slow off the line.  Solid route runner.  Bad combine 40 is holding him back.  He is undervalued IMO.  Slower, poor man's version of a Michael Pittman type.  Would be a nice day 3 pick up for any team.  I'd be fine with JD picking him.

Here's a little highlight reel (no breakdowns or analysis that you can get elesewhere) 

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Reason I ask is throw the 7 guys we all are talking about in last years draft and QWill ain’t our pick.

Not suire about that. Seems not matter who our GM is... they cant get that 1st round pick right.

50 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not suire about that. Seems not matter who our GM is... they cant get that 1st round pick right.

You don’t think Douglas goes OT at 3 last year? Philly OL was way better  than ours and he still advocated to Roseman they move up to get Dillard.

Watching these big WRs, that is the thing I hated about Anderson/ He was 6'3 but he played small, the dude rarely caught contested catches and made life difficult for the QB with never fighting or making great grabs.

I see Anderson as a 1 dimensional WR, just a deep threat that if he doesn't break one downfield then hes shutdown for the game. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You don’t think Douglas goes OT at 3 last year? Philly OL was way better  than ours and he still advocated to Roseman they move up to get Dillard.

There's really no way of knowing. Douglas wasn't Philly's GM keep in mind. This is his 1st time as a GM. So he was never the one until now that is the final say so. Who Philly or Baltimore has drafted while he was there, doesn't mean he liked them all. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

There's really no way of knowing. Douglas wasn't Philly's GM keep in mind. This is his 1st time as a GM. So he was never the one until now that is the final say so. Who Philly or Baltimore has drafted while he was there, doesn't mean he liked them all. 

Mac was probably against drafting JJ Watt

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But there are actual reports to him campaigning for Dillard. I’ve also seen things about him liking Yanda and Grubbs. His own words about offensive linemen make me think there’s no way he drafts QWill with our DL being so loaded at the time. But true, it’s all speculation. 

• Like 1

Man, I can’t remember a draft where I won’t be 100% sold on our first round draft pick until we make our second round selection.  Our first two picks are so connected  

If we go OT or WR in round one, I’ll be happy either way but then I’ll still be crazy nervous waiting to see who’s available at 48. It won’t be until we’re on the clock in round two that we know if JD played his cards right. 

Gonna be a long 24 hours. 

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Man, I can’t remember a draft where I won’t be 100% sold on our first round draft pick until we make our second round selection.  Our first two picks are so connected  

If we go OT or WR in round one, I’ll be happy either way but then I’ll still be crazy nervous waiting to see who’s available at 48. It won’t be until we’re on the clock in round two that we know if JD played his cards right. 

Gonna be a long 24 hours. 

the day 1 to day 2 wait is insane.  Hate it.  But it gives the teams lots of trade opportunities and adds drama and viewership.

If there aren’t any WR’s that JD values at 48 I can see us going after Curtis Weaver Edge from Boise State. Fits the typical mold of pass rusher teams JD has been apart of look for, I fully expect a WR we like to be at 48 though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

If there aren’t any WR’s that JD values at 48 I can see us going after Curtis Weaver Edge from Boise State. Fits the typical mold of pass rusher teams JD has been apart of look for, I fully expect a WR we like to be at 48 though.

Sign me up for Weaver.