2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

10 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I’m also back on the Pittman bandwagon after watching him more. Would love him in the 3rd. 
Dunervay or Bowden would be ideal in rounds 4/5. 

I would legit grab three wide receivers this year though. 

Word is, Pittman might not last until pick 48.

Teams are viewing Pittman highly, hes a very solid wr, good pedigree too. Big wr who has natural hands and runs solid routes, wins contested battles.  I see a good #2 wr with Pittman. 

If the jets dont take a wr at 11, they run the risk of 2nd tier guys being gone and going with talented guys who are projects. 

Edited by NYJets4716

14 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

I like Pittman also but not better than a lot of other WR's that should be there for our 2nd (Mims, Shenault, Reagor, ect). If he falls to the 3rd I'd snag him in a second though. 

P.S. I'm aware the majority of good top 1st/2nd round wrs will be gone but i think someone at WR will fall to us in the 2nd. Theres about 7-8 wr's in this draft that i have at least as a high 2nd round grade. Pittman has a mid/late 2nd grade for me. I dont see the explosion in his tape that I do for others. 

Personally not a Shenault fan, can’t stay healthy, and Mims and Raegor I believe will be gone by 48. Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb, Mims, Jefferson, Raegor, and Aiyuk are the guys I believe are gone by 48. 

10 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Word is, Pittman might not last until pick 48.

Teams are viewing Pittman highly, hes a very solid wr, good pedigree too. Big wr who has natural hands and runs solid routes, wins contested battles.  I see a good #2 wr with Pittman. 

If the jets dont take a wr at 11, they run the risk of 2nd tier guys being gone and going with talented guys who are projects. 

I know it’s crazy as these projections are legit so different dependent on the source. 
I truly believe you have the top three;

Lamb/Ruggs/Jeudy (in any order dependent on opinion) 

Then guys like Jefferson, Pittman, Aiyuk, Shenault, Reagor, Hamler, Mims etc are ranked all subject to systems etc

I know the debate is all about OT /WR or WR/OT, but is Edge totally out of the question at 48?

Ive been doing a lot of mocks on both FANSPEAK and Draft Network, and if I go OT in round one pickings are slim at WR but some promising edge guys are available. Do you go for Pittman/Hamler or Terrell Lewis, Julian Okwara, Curtis Weaver.  Then double dip WR in round 3. 

My drafts usually look something like this:

1- Wills/Wirfs/Thomas/Becton

2- Lewis/Okwara/Weaver

3- Double dip WR Edwards/V Jefferson/Peoples Jones/ Bowden/Duvernay/ Tyler Johnson ( who I have ranked higher than most)

I know mocks sites are dependent on their rankings but this is a pretty consistent result. 

I’m not saying this is what I want to happen but if the top two tiers of Wr (7 or 8) go off the board then more than likely a good edge or even corner will fall to 48.

17 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I know the debate is all about OT /WR or WR/OT, but is Edge totally out of the question at 48?

Ive been doing a lot of mocks on both FANSPEAK and Draft Network, and if I go OT in round one pickings are slim at WR but some promising edge guys are available. Do you go for Pittman/Hamler or Terrell Lewis, Julian Okwara, Curtis Weaver.  Then double dip WR in round 3. 

2- Lewis/Okwara/Weaver

3- Double dip WR Edwards/V Jefferson/Peoples Jones/ Bowden/Duvernay/ Tyler Johnson ( who I have ranked higher than most)

I know mocks sites are dependent on their rankings but this is a pretty consistent result. 

I’m not saying this is what I want to happen but if the top two tiers of Wr (7 or 8) go off the board then more than likely a good edge or even corner will fall to 48.

I did a no-trades live mock on a non-Jets board, so the board was not Jets-needs biased for sure.  I went OT, WR (Thomas, Aiyuk).  I was not at all pleased with my WR choices at 48.  I took Aiyuk and then grabbed Pittman in the third right away.   

These were the ED options for me at 48 (my own rankings): Weaver, Okwara, Greenard, Robinson, Lewis, Anae, Zuniga.  Weaver is the only one Id even consider there.  

I was not happy with either the WR choices or the Edge choices there, but went WR at 2 & 3 (3 only because I was disgusted with 2).   Good thing I'm not the real GM.

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

2- Lewis/Okwara/Weaver

I just this the remaining WRs in the 2nd and 3rd are superior prospects to the edge rushers.   Gotta play to the strengths of the draft.   It's a great WR draft and a terrible edge draft. 

Edited by rampantjet
  • Like 2

In all honesty the smartest thing for JD to do is put his stamp on this team. Draft a WR at 11 (bc the top 3 guys for me are quite a bit better than the Mims, Jefferson, Reagors of the draft). And then trade back into the end if Round 1 or early Round 2 for an OT like Jones, Cleveland, Wilson, Jackson. I see a smaller gap between them and the top OTs than I do at WR (outside of Wills).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

In all honesty the smartest thing for JD to do is put his stamp on this team. Draft a WR at 11 (bc the top 3 guys for me are quite a bit better than the Mims, Jefferson, Reagors of the draft). And then trade back into the end if Round 1 or early Round 2 for an OT like Jones, Cleveland, Wilson, Jackson. I see a smaller gap between them and the top OTs than I do at WR (outside of Wills).

Agreed. And to be honest, outside of the top 3 WRs and the kid from LSU, this WR class isn’t as elite as it seems and all the remaining prospects have at least one glaring question mark in their game.

The o-line is more about how well the unit works as a whole rather than individual players. I would argue that skill positions are the opposite and a single player can impact the game at WR moreso than a single lineman can. I would say we have 4/5 starting line spots locked down, whereas we still need at least 2 starting caliber WRs. 

We deserve a stud superstar wideout. It’s been too long.