2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

30 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

If pick 11 comes up and these guys are on the board who do you take?

Okudah

Thomas

Wirf

Jeudy

Lamb

I think you have to go with Wirf or Okudah. I would lean more towards Okudah

Wirfs and it's not close. I know people have been comparing his tape to Wills - but Wirfs is going to be a tremendous player. Guy has the ability to be an All-Pro year in and year out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107685/article/fourround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-patriots-pick-qb-in-round-3

Anyone fancy a laugh go read this. Picks go Edge, DT, WR, S. I’d never watch a down of football again if this happened. 

Dude has us drafting 2 3 techs...... that is like the only spot we are set at.  I'd lose my mind if that happened.  I want to argue with this guy in person.

• Like 2

I rank the WRs as this and my reasons why.

1. Jerry Jeudy: Guy the second he enters the league is already an elite route runner. And that transfers over great. Seems to have the hunger to be great too. Safest bet to be great.

2. CeeDee Lamb: More a QBs best friend than the others. Good route runner, good after the catch, but wins with size as well. Which Jeudy and Ruggs can’t really say.

3. Henry Ruggs III: speed speed speed is what you need to know. But plays tough as well. Not just a speed guy. He doesn't mind getting hit, which is great for a guy his size. For a smaller dude high points the ball well too.

All have good hands.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I rank the WRs as this and my reasons why.

1. Jerry Jeudy: Guy the second he enters the league is already an elite route runner. And that transfers over great. Seems to have the hunger to be great too. Safest bet to be great.

2. CeeDee Lamb: More a QBs best friend than the others. Good route runner, good after the catch, but wins with size as well. Which Jeudy and Ruggs can’t really say.

3. Henry Ruggs III: speed speed speed is what you need to know. But plays tough as well. Not just a speed guy. He doesn't mind getting hit, which is great for a guy his size. For a smaller dude high points the ball well too.

All have good hands.

I get that CeeDee plays bigger than the other guys, but people refer to him as some big dude.  He was a but under 6'2 and was 189 at his pro day, oddly he was 198 at the combine.  Ruggs was 188 at the combine.  That is a 1 pound difference.  Jeudy is 5/8ths of an inch shorter than Lamb and at the combine was 5 pounds less.  Lamb can go get the rock, but he's not some 6'4 225lber than can abuse NFL CB's.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I get that CeeDee plays bigger than the other guys, but people refer to him as some big dude.  He was a but under 6'2 and was 189 at his pro day, oddly he was 198 at the combine.  Ruggs was 188 at the combine.  That is a 1 pound difference.  Jeudy is 5/8ths of an inch shorter than Lamb and at the combine was 5 pounds less.  Lamb can go get the rock, but he's not some 6'4 225lber than can abuse NFL CB's.

Deleted post

Edited by KodiakThunder
Delet

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

He plays bigger than the other 2. Doesn’t always mean they’re 6’3” or bigger.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He plays bigger than the other 2. Doesn’t always mean they’re 6’3” or bigger.

I know... i said that in there, and i agree that he plays bigger than the other 2.  Honestly I think Ruggs plays bigger than Jeudy.  The real question though is Lamb going to be able to big boy NFL corners as much as he did it to big 12 corners

On 3/22/2020 at 8:34 AM, Bobby816 said:

There’s lots of WRs that fit what Gase likes in this draft. The issue becomes they’re all Round 1 and 2 guys. You start getting to that 3rd round range and it becomes more big bodied guys who rely on size and strength to win a lot. Which is a trait Gase doesn’t love.

I really like a lot of the 2nd tier WR's. Would love to take a OT at 11 and trade up for a guy like Reagor. 

• Like 1

Let's play a game. You need 11 points at minimum(Lamb + Wirfs gets you 2 for example), pick 2 players

WR

1 CeeDee Lamb         
2 Jerry Jeudy        
3 Henry Ruggs III         
4 Tee Higgins         
5 Justin Jefferson             
6 Laviska Shenault Jr.     
7 Brandon Aiyuk         
8 Denzel Mims         
9 Jalen Reagor     
10 KJ Hamler                     
11 Michael Pittman Jr.         
12 Tyler Johnson         
13 Chase Claypool             
14 Donovan Peoples-Jones          
15 Van Jefferson

OT

1 Tristan Wirfs
2 Jedrick Wills
3 Andrew Thomas
4 Mehki Becton
5 Austin Jackson
6 Josh Jones
7 Ezra Cleveland
8 Lucas Niang
9 Isaiah Wilson
10 Prince Tega Wanogho
11 Matt Peart
12 Calvin Throckmorton
13 Jack Driscoll
14 Yasir Durant
15 Trey Adams

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Let's play a game. You need 11 points at minimum(Lamb + Wirfs gets you 2 for example), pick 2 players

WR

1 CeeDee Lamb         
2 Jerry Jeudy        
3 Henry Ruggs III         
4 Tee Higgins         
5 Justin Jefferson             
6 Laviska Shenault Jr.     
7 Brandon Aiyuk         
8 Denzel Mims         
9 Jalen Reagor     
10 KJ Hamler                     
11 Michael Pittman Jr.