2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

I think/hope any one of Becton, Wills, or Wirfs will be Jets. Wirfs provides the most flexibility but I think he’ll be off the board. I think Adam Gase has Wills as his top OL and I think Douglas has Becton as his top. All 3 are elite options. Now we wait.

13 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

My hope rn is LA, Arizona and Cleveland all bring in veteran tackles. Peters, Beachum and Williams. 

Could allow them all to go in another direction allowing guys to drop a little further. 

I know the chargers are sayin Taylor is their guy but I don’t believe it. I think if they can get Tua or Herbert, that will be their pick. If they want the LA crowd to go to their games, they have to do better than Taylor, IMO. A promising rookie QB (Namath) led me to the Jets after all.
I also read somewhere, at sometime (not sure where or when) that Cleveland liked Cleveland but not at 10 and were therefore looking to trade down. Unless that happens I see 3 teams definitely taking an OT ahead of us - Giants, Cards and Browns. The other 7 picks will, hopefully,  be -the 3 QBs, Young Okudah, Brown and Simmons.

57 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I think/hope any one of Becton, Wills, or Wirfs will be Jets. Wirfs provides the most flexibility but I think he’ll be off the board. I think Adam Gase has Wills as his top OL and I think Douglas has Becton as his top. All 3 are elite options. Now we wait.

I'd think Wills would offer even more flexibility, as he's played right and left tackle,  and could move to guard as easily as Wirfs imo.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Great video here in depth on Wills and Wirfs if you have time.

Haha - I posted this on page 3. Definitely great content from a guy I respect.

With that said, definitely turned me off of Wirfs a little, considering our coaching staff and all

46 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Haha - I posted this on page 3. Definitely great content from a guy I respect.

With that said, definitely turned me off of Wirfs a little, considering our coaching staff and all

Oh I got out of the assessment just that Sills is a lot more polished. He states several times how good Wirfs is. Just that’s he’s not as nfl ready. I’m sure if he did a video comparing Wirfs to Becton it’d be the same. Being Becton is even more of a project that Wirfs.

The Wirfs vs Wills video is really good. Before watching it, I was getting a little concerned after I started imagining him against the physical type of edge rushers like Judon, Bosa, Hunter, and etc. I still like him and having all the vets we signed gives him a small window to develop, but I realized I liked the other OT's a little more. 

I'm watching more Ruggs III tapes and starting to think he would be rated higher if he didn't have to share with the other WR's he played with. I liked the amount of redzone TD's he had for his size. I have to watch more of him, but I'm liking him so far.