Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

3 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

A girl I know, who said he was young and not worried about COVID who kept snap chatting being around a lot of people in-house gatherings. She just tested positive for it, let’s see if she’s worried now.

hopefully she will be just fine

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mission27 said:

BTW... I'm 100% fine adding this language if that will make people feel better

I think something like that would probably be able to get the whole conversation dropped.

And normally, I don’t think something like this would be necessary. But a lot of people are scared and lot of people don’t have the time to really do a lot of research because of how hectic their lives are right now. So it’s probably best to make sure that something that isn’t 100% good information is either pushed back on, or made completely obvious to anyone who might look at the thread that it’s not. It seems like you believed you were meeting the second half of that with the goat and Taylor Swift stuff, but having seen the responses from some others, we probably should do more because some people aren’t getting it as it is now.

But I think with a obvious acknowledgement of all of this in the write ups you do daily, we should all be on the same page and be able to move on. 

• Like 4

Just now, pwny said:

I think something like that would probably be able to get the whole conversation dropped.

And normally, I don’t think something like this would be necessary. But a lot of people are scared and lot of people don’t have the time to really do a lot of research because of how hectic their lives are right now. So it’s probably best to make sure that something that isn’t 100% good information is either pushed back on, or made completely obvious to anyone who might look at the thread that it’s not. It seems like you believed you were meeting the second half of that with the goat and Taylor Swift stuff, but having seen the responses from some others, we probably should do more because some people aren’t getting it as it is now.

But I think with a obvious acknowledgement of all of this in the write ups you do daily, we should all be on the same page and be able to move on. 

Works for me

To be clear, I 100% believe the MoLs are good information and people should continue to follow.  But with the absolute caveat that our methodology is not peer reviewed and we have zero qualifications other than almost unbelievably high intelligence and good looks.  So if that wasn't clear, we will clear that up

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do...do you really not understand that the WHO is a collaboration from various regulatory agencies? 

Why would you post this? What does that post have to do with whether or not studies have been cancelled? Are you trying to discredit WHO?

The link I posted proves trial are actually on the increase.

22 minutes ago, pwny said:

pwny glem 2020

Hearing reports of protests planned tomorrow in NC and MI about reopening their economies.  I'm also aware of another group mobilizing in Maryland.  We probably shouldn't talk about these in detail because of politics, but it's important to note this is going to be a growing trend and item of discussion.  

There are some tough decisions coming about how we re-open and when.  At least in Maryland, the stay at home order doesn't have an end-date.  However, the courts are by and large suspended until June 5th.  Our neighbors in Virginia have a stay at home order that ends in the beginning of June.  Some non-essential businesses can still practice social distancing or even do virtual meetings still like tax prep unless someone can't use a computer.  Carwashes can open and just not do the interior of the car.  Barbershops can use some level of PPE and can practice social distancing.  Other places can design their shops for social distancing, or already essentially function that way.  Churches are going to be the hardest to social distance, because of packed sanctuaries.  Places where a high volume of people traffic in close quarters likely need to be the last to re-open.  Sadly, that lists includes a lot of things people will want to do and value in their "normal" lives- sporting events, church, movies and shopping malls.  

@ramssuperbowl99 @TLO

Disclaimer: none of the below has been subject to peer review and should not be construed as medical or investment advice.

Top-10 Smuggest COVID Positive Celebs

brad-pitt-george-clooney-001-tease-today

1. MoL - Both the MoL have likely had and survived COVID and are obviously smugger than any of the other fools on this list

200327112703-02-boris-johnson-0325-exlar

2. Boris Johnson - Boris may be the closest thing in the public sphere to the MoL (except the fact that he's mildly overweight).  He's a complete knucklehead but also very charming and loveable and deep down a very intelligent guy with a first rate education and a lot of high brow references up his sleeve to the classics.  This whole stunt he's pulled with the coronavirus is pretty remarkable.  Proposing letting millions of people die and then letting people with coronavirus cough into his mouth only to "almost die" of it 3 weeks later then make a miraculous recovery.  Its really something.

tom-1.jpg

3. Tom Hanks - The OG celeb with coronavirus, Tom is a low key smug icon and we really respect him blazing the trail. 

prince-charles-camilla-second-home-scotl

4. Prince Charles - One of the smugger people out there, smugly surviving this sans symptoms while Boris who is 20 years younger almost died allegedly is pretty smug.

_110803727_mediaitem110803726.jpg

5. Dr Li - While he wasn't originally a celebrity, he gained a large following through his smugly spreading information (aka the truth) similar to the MoL and then died.  RIP.

thumb-13-scaled.jpg

6. Rudy Gobert - At the end of the day I don't know if we'll ever see something more absurd than one guy shutting down all professional sports worldwide by smugly touching a bunch of microphones to give everyone coronavirus. 

f35243f7091449448c21d3f09e305f2f.jpg

7. Chris Cuomo - Fredo is kind of a loser but there's certainly something smug about his moron antics and his brother is very smug.

12virus-trudeau-1-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

8. Mrs. Trudeau - I don't know anything about her but her husband is a smug prick and Canada is a top-2 country in the world, so she gets a spot on the list. 

untitled-85.jpg

9. Rand Paul - He's always had some mid-tier smugness which is the main reason he wasn't more successful when running for president.  However there's definitely something smug about purposefully spreading the virus to all of your colleagues then claiming the moral high ground because you're a doctor. 

tumblr_pqaoqjC4mm1siavito1_400.jpg

10. Alexina Graham - A real piece of ***

idris-elba-hunchback-of-notre-dame.jpg?w

HM: Idris Elba who smugly recovered very smugly, that old guy in Italy who was like 104 and survived

13 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Why would you post this? What does that post have to do with whether or not studies have been cancelled? Are you trying to discredit WHO?

The link I posted proves trial are actually on the increase.

Trials have been cancelled all over, based off of a cancellation in France. The link you provided is for an announcement of a virtual trial with many drugs, not proof that each compound is still being dosed.

...and aren't you the guy who posted mission's rankings elsewhere without knowing the methodology? If its you, stop spreading nonsense dude.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mistakey said:

because people are looking towards their rankings for actual health information.  if u cant see why looking towards amateurs who have admitted they are not experts for public health info without it being vetted or critiqued is a bad thing, cant help u here buddy

I get better info/convo/thought here than most other places because you have a variety of people with different takes/opinions who are sharing a variety of things.  Some posters are posting statistical facts, others giving us an insight into virology and how drugs work, others are giving first hand accounts of how this is or is not impacting their lives.  All around there is great health info all over this place.  I do not think I have seen a single person give health advice to myself or others.  

Also, please tell me what in the rankings is health advice related?  The output doesn't tell me I need to stop wearing a mask, doesn't tell me I can now go gather with people.  It is following a statistical trend of where we have been and allowing conversation as to where we could be shortly and then stacking countries and states on the same playing field.    

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mistakey said:

"oh looks like we're in the clear im gonna go outside without a mask on now cause its may and MoL said the heat will kill the disesase"

This was said...where?  Would love to see.  Pretty sure no one on this forum has told anyone they should not wear a mask.  Some have questioned the guidance/governing of such (along with shelter in place orders) but I have not seen a single poster tell another what they should or should not be doing health wise.  

• Like 1