Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

32 minutes ago, Xenos said:

It's better that they stay in cars actually. Better social distancing. Just don't block vital services that other people need. And you don't need to bring guns and body armor to a protest rally.

yes i get its better that they stay in the cars.  but if you're protesting to open up the economy, gotta show that you want to participate in the economy. . . . .  unless you can do that in a car.  rather impotent protest.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blahstoise said:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20062463v1

50-85x the number of confirmed cases in Santa Clara study have antibodies

According to data from the authorities there have been 69 deaths from the virus. That link estimates there have been 48,000 to 81,000 total infections in that county. If all those numbers are accurate then the mortality rate for covid 19 is between .085% to .14%. in Santa Clara county California. Those numbers are comparable to seasonal flus. I don't know if these stats can be applied anywhere else.  

4 hours ago, Xenos said:

Does Maryland know that doing a gridlock similar to Michigan is harmful and dangerous? There's better ways to protest without blocking services like buses or hospitals.

Annapolis is a weird city.  The capital building is downtown, and unless you are a restaurant doing carryout, there is no reason to go down there right now.  The hospital is clear on the other side of town with multiple routes in and out.  My concern would be stifling traffic if someone needs to get from downtown to emergency care, more than preventing mass amounts of people getting to the hospital.  

That being said, I'm not in favor of these protests either, just reporting what's going on.  I am in favor of trying to open things up as quickly as we can......but not too quick.  

• Like 1